Sisters, part 3 (11)
163 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

        Svaria let Marrie in the room. Svaria had never been in this room before. Then again, neither had Marrie. Marrie opened her backpack and grabbed the box she then handed it to Svaria.

Svaria looked at the box. She wondered what was in the box, but she had a feeling she knew. It was a simple thing, with very little decoration. The black exterior and brass lock were pretty though.

Svaria sat down on her bed, well, her new bed. The fluffy sheets and 5 pillows that Luie no doubt had asked the staff to put there cushioned her behind. Marrie sat beside her, looking at the box.

Svaria touched the stone lock that had no keyhole. The stone was a simple gray color and seemed to be unbreakable. This lock was a very sturdy lock, as it was made from Manafrost.

Manafrost was a magical version of Permafrost. In fact, the walls of the city and castle were made from it. the dull radiative glow from the stone made Svaria uneasy. Manafrost was about as strong as titanium carbide.

She gripped the lock with one hand and steadied herself with the other. Then she twisted. The lock snapped off with a loud crack. The stone let out a dying creak then stopped.

Marrie gaped at the feat of strength. She had tried to breach the lock before but failed. Svaria looked at her sister and seemed to guess what she had tried to do. Marrie spotted the exasperated look on her sister’s face and shook her head.

“I was just curious what was inside and tried to open it, I’m sorry!” she pleaded.

Svaria just sighed and shook her head. Looking at the box she pondered if what she thought was inside. She then opened it and smiled.

It was her skull. To be more precise, it was her past life’s skull. The cybernetics still attached and functional, they blinked in response to the brainwaves of Svaria, for it recognized her.

There was also her combat knife and handgun. The extra mags of ammo and a couple spare rounds of loose ammunition were jangling around in the box as well. Marrie just blanched at the sight.

How on gods green earth was she supposed to guess that. It was like expecting a knight to challenge a criminal to a dual and instead he just shot them with an AR.

Svaria saw the confused look on her sister’s face and winced. She probably shouldn’t have done that. Marrie looked at her older sister and started to blabber. Most of what she said matched up with what you would expect a resident of this world to say but instead…

“How the FUCK did you get a Handgun???!!” she screamed out.

“How do you know about guns?” she asked in response.

Marrie stopped at this. How would she react if Svaria told her the story of herself and Sif. Marrie probably knew Sif better than her. But She no doubt didn’t know of Svaria’s story.

“Um, w-well I-I am what you could call a reincarnated person. I have memory of another world…” she eked out.

Svaria couldn’t believe it. She wasn’t the only one. She had to tell her sister as it probably would be very hard to explain away having a gun.

“I also am a reincarnated person. In my past life I was what one could call a CSGS soldier. I don’t know where you came from, but I was brought here in my past body and then was raped by Sif. By doing so she got herself pregnant. I decided to bring her to the city and go back to the camp as she had been kidnapped by Vikings,” she explained, letting it sink in.

“What?”

“And then while going to the city I had one-vs-one against dragon and killed it. I then fell to my death. In case you were wondering, yes, I was a man in my past life; and this is my skull,” she said pointing at it.

“What? Why did mother rape past you?” Marrie asked after trying and failing to let it sink in all the way.

“Because she tried to run away from home. If a person flees the city, then their whole immediate family is cast out. She wanted to get past me to help protect the city and its people as a way to beg forgiveness,” she finally finished.

“Oh”

“So, who were you in the past?” Svaria asked back.

“I was just a normal girl living in the 21st century. Then I woke up as a infant girl. Oh, and I was a girl as well in my past life,” she said.

Svaria, as soon as she heard that She lived in the 21st century, developed a pitying look in her eyes. Marrie looked flustered by this and sat there confused. Svaria then began to pat her head as if the girl was a sick puppy.

Marrie kept making sounds of confusing and a bit of happiness at being petted. Svaria let out a saddened sigh and looked at her sister again. Se asked what year specifically she died at, and Marrie responded with 2023.

This confused Svaria as in the year 2023 the world was supposed to live in underground bunkers while robots and professional radiation cleaners cleaned the surface of earth and turned it back to its once pristine condition.

She expressed this and Marrie started to look at her funny. Marrie explained that the earth wasn’t a radioactive hell hole when she left. Then she started to explain her story and it all fit together.

On her earth the world wasn’t raised by E.Ts trying to kill all the humans with nuclear fire and instead they simply lived in happiness. This world also fits the scene and plot of a game called, “Love and Ice”.

The game bit really didn’t matter to Svaria’s mind until her sister mentioned the Cannon lover interest, Luie. Time seemed to stop as she looked at her sister with the same probing stare all CSGS had.

Marrie stopped her explanation and looked at her sister as if she were a beast. She shivered under the cold eyes of the girl she had been getting along with up until now.

“Are you going to try and flirt with my husband?” Svaria asked.

She put the gun back into the box and grabbed her sister’s cheeks, squeezing them. Marrie looked shocked to hear her older sister call Luie, the cannon love interest, her husband.

“We are engaged and have been since he was 5. You cannot take him. He is mine,” she told her sister flatly.

Marrie nodded at this, and her sister let go. Svaria looked back at the box then grabbed her skull. The bone structure was modified from the first moment of her being a fetus to the last seconds of being in the womb; the skull was made to be perfect for protecting the brain.

She looked at the side of it and ran her fingers across the surface of the broken star. The broken star was a cybernetic implant put in the skull of a person. It fed the brain special chemicals to keep it from weaking at all. It also built nanomachines especially for the brain to use.

She kissed her own skull and then ripped out the implant. Marrie jumped at this and Svaria looked at the now standing Marrie. Svaria simply shrugged and looked at the intact skull. An imperfection like an indent in the shape of a broken star wouldn’t break such a potent thing as the skull of a CSGS.

She then pushed the cybernetic to the left side of her own head. The nanomachines recognized the intruder as a new organ to the body and began to incorporate the Broken star. A sharp ping of discomfort arrived and then it became a deep pleasure.

But just as soon as it arrived, it vanished. Marrie looked at her older sister. The hole day had been one big exposition dump and she could barely keep up. Her sister had pushed the metal thing into her own head and seemed to feel good doing so. Her hair around the, what could guess was a cybernetic like the things from cyberpunk, had fallen out and her left eye began to look like a robot eye.

 The cybernetic looked like you took those weird bent arrow spear things from the roman shields and gave the bend to a starfish. Its gun gray metal color actually complemented her skin color somewhat.

The side of her head had lost some hair, but it was only noticeable if you looked really hard. The hair on the top covered it up really well. Her eye though, it turned from a normal cobalt blue to a solid gray, then to a normal grey eye.

Then she finally asked: “what was that?”

“It’s called the Broken star. It is here to keep a CSGS soldier from losing their sanity. If I did not have this by my 18th birthday, I would slowly slip into insanity. A CSGS soldier of later make wouldn’t need it, but an early model like me needs it as when is was conceived, they hadn’t fully figured out how to fix the mental problems yet,” she said while looking into her sister’s eyes.

“Oh.”

9