Old Freinds, part 1 (14)
152 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 5: Old friends

Svaria looked around the classroom and was confused. No one, other than her sister and Luie, was there. She peered out the window for a couple of minutes until the rest of the class finally entered.

They all seemed tired, like they had a party. Maybe there was some sort of entrance party they didn’t get the memo on? She looked to the Teacher for an answer, and he rubbed his eyes while introducing himself for the day.

“good morning class, did you all have a good sleep in your new beds tonight?” he asked.

One girl piped up, “what was that big thumping last night? It sounded like thunder?”

That explained why the whole class was incredibly tired. Svaria was a heavy sleeper, so she hadn’t heard the thunder. Luie was even a heavier sleeper and he wouldn’t have been woken up by an elephant trumpeting in his ear. Marrie was used to the sounds of a bustling city, so she was good.

As the teacher told them all to start the day and open their books, the day went by. When the bell sounded and the whole class got up, Luie still sat seated. He was looking at Svaria.

He had noticed her newly installed eye. He looked at her with the most inquisitive gaze she had ever seen him put up. It was almost like he was gazing into her and it made her flush for some reason.

She hadn’t really felt this way before. Well, she was really the only one making the other feel this way in their relationship. She hadn’t been on the receiving end of this look before.

He got up finally as they left the class, and he asked her about it. She really didn’t want him to notice but they had known each other for the longest time so she should have seen this coming.

She was getting rusty; like, really rusty. Maybe she should train herself to be better at thinking forward. There were several exercises to do so. But she shouldn’t be thinking about this right now. Right now, her fiancé was asking about it.

“Marrie gave me a box thar her mother, who is my mother, gave her. In the box was some stuff from my father that he had given her in their last moments together. One of those things was a magic eye that lets the possessor see farther,” she told him.

“Oh,” was his only response.

Marrie came up behind them both and wrapped her sister in a hug. Svaria was caught off guard by this and flinched. If she hit her sister then by reflex, Marrie would have died.

Marrie seemed to have felt the extremely small amount of bloodlust that seeped through and let go. Marrie seemed to have wanted to ask a question, but her sister’s reflexive instinct stopped her from asking.

Then a boy walked over, it was Strakt. He hadn’t really interacted with the main three of them since the first day but now he seemed to have the confidence to come over.

“Hey, you all,” he introduced himself, “mind if I walk with you?” he asked not one member of the group in particular.

Marrie nodded and they all walked down the hall to the next class. Svaria and Luie had the same classes so they parted ways with the duo and walked into the gym class.

Even if he hadn’t taken all the classes that Svaria had, Luie would still have taken this class. It was simply good conscience about his own health that he took it. The teacher and the rest of the students for this class had already been there and were waiting for the next bell to ring.

Looking back at the duo in the hall, Strakt put an arm around Marrie. She flinched at this and simply pulled her closer. She blushed and he smiled. He knew a lot about her. He had done his research on her and realized her secret life.

Though, he was too wrapped up in that to notice the blood relations of her and Svaria. Walking not their next class as they shared it much like Luie and Svaria, he began to flirt with her.

Svaria felt a shiver go down her spine and realized that she should probably watch out for her sister in the future. Marrie seemed to have a really bad taste in men.

The class started with them going to the locker room and changing into their gym clothes. She had to remove her hat for this class, and it was a rather big shame. She liked that hat.

Some of the girls seemed to be giggling in the corner of the room and pointing at her. She ignored it and put on her gym clothes. They were basically work out clothes that somehow made it past the dress code.

Walking out of the locker room first, she caught the eye of the teacher which was a fat old man who seemed to not actually know how to do his job. He was just waking up from a nap.

He quickly sat back up and grumbled about not getting any sleep. It seemed the whole academy had been affected by the noise. He told her to run four laps around the perimeter of the gym. She did so with ease and without losing any breath.

As she was just finishing her laps, the boys came out of the locker room and then finally the girls. The teacher told them to run their laps and he then sat back down and began looking through a thin magazine-like book. Stopping on one page he called out:

“When everyone is done running laps, we will be playing dodge ball.”

The boy cried out in happiness and the girls moaned in complaints. When the rest of the class was done the teacher told them to go back into the locker room as that was where the dodge balls were. Only the boys went back in the locker room as they were in the boy’s locker room. They soon returned with a bag full of dodge balls.

Now if you were wondering what Marrie was doing the author is getting to that. And by that, I mean right now. Marrie was busy trying to ignore Strakt’s advances. It was at first kind of hot to be talked to like you didn’t know what you were doing, but it soon became annoying.

Half of the stuff the school taught was outdated science by 19th century standards. She was currently in animal biology class. As the name would imply, it was biology about animals. But the ways they described animals was rather tight.

They seemed to think that animals other than domesticated ones simply popped out of thin air. No one had ever seen this happen, but people seemed to think that the souls of the animals thought that this was a secret and didn’t do it in front of people.

And the rest of the class believed it!

9