005 Ready to fight
3.8k 13 88
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While my first goblin was still inside his egg, I had already started to prepare the equipment of my future minions. The weapons of my four victims were not noteworthy at all. And would not give my minions any advantages in their upcoming fight. I was able to obtain three wooden trunks which could, with some goodwill, considered to be clubs, and a crude stone axe.

Fortunately, I can reshape wood the same way I am able to mould stone. I take the wood of axe and some of one club and shape them into a pair of handles. Next, I create two sharp stone axe blades, with a vertical hole each, and interlock them with the handles. Then I take the remaining wood and produce two shafts for some javelins; the spearheads are obviously also created out of stone.

In the best case, my minions will not even need to go into melee to reach the storage room. And even if they have to, their axes are genuinely able to chop things, entirely in opposition to the blunt like weapons of the cave goblins.

Sadly I am unable to provide some armour, but there is nothing I can do, without the necessary resources. All I have left are stones and biomass, while I could probably use tendons to fixate things, I do not think that stone plates are actually helpful as armour. If I had more wood for disposal, I would probably provide some shields too. But I am confident that stone shields are more of a hindrance than anything else.

While I still pore about possible improvements for the equipment, is the first goblin about to hatch. It is quite an absurd sight to see a mammal (goblins are mammals, right?) hatch out of a half-transparent egg. Even more ridiculous is, that she already wears a loincloth and a top covers her small breasts, both made out of animal fur. I didn't even know that female goblins are a thing since all of them inside that cave are males.

Since I have no time to waste, I immediately start to breed the second one before I begin to inspect my goblina. After she broke through the elastic shell. All of the liquid inside flushed out and was absorbed by my dungeon floor. Next, she broke down on all four and caught out some more fluid, but recovers quickly. Somehow my goblina looks different from the other goblins, but it took me some time to realise what it was...

...she is not dirty at all! Obviously, as a newborn, she had yet to acquire the typical amount of sweat, mud, and whatever else goblins are usually covert. I also think her face is not as ugly, but I could be biased, or this is just because she has a clean face. I even think she is somewhat cute, the goblina is around 140cm high, has dark green and shoulder long hair, golden eyes and doesn't look dangerous at all!

It will take a few more minutes until the second goblin is matured. Therefore I order my goblina to wait for further instructions so that I can observe the situation inside the cave.

"Akh goth!"

Okay, that is interesting. Although I am still unable to understand the language of goblins, at least I am able to read her intention. It will probably be impossible to have a meaningful conversation with my monsters, but at least I able to read the mood. Now back to observation.

Everything is still peaceful inside the main cave. The wounded were treated, and new firewood was collected. I don't know exactly what they are up to, but it looks like they are about to throw a party. And I have read enough mangas to know that whatever they are going to do with the girls, won't be pleasant.

Speaking of the girls, let's check on them as well. The two guards are still half-heartedly on duty. Neither of them is particularly vigilant and fight more against their tiredness than anything else. One of the girls, she had blond hair, has now woken up. And despite her panic, she is trying her best not to alarm the guards. The other one, with the nasty head wound, is still motionless on the floor. The blonde now tries unsuccessfully to release her bounds.

Hold on. Help will be on its way soon enough. The five minutes are now over and my second goblin cough out some liquid the same way as the goblina did before. I am a little surprised since he looks almost exactly like her, are they perhaps twins? Well, even if not, will call them the twins from now on.

I hand over the javelins and stone axes to the twins and open the door of the core room. After they stepped into the corridor, I immediately close it again. The same goes for the second door. Since nobody heard anything, I order them to move to the corner in front of the storage room. If the goblins were smart, they would be in a place from which they could keep an eye on the corridor and the storage. But I don't want to complain.

I check the position of the guards one last time and order the twins to advance. They jump around the corner and throw their javelins towards the goblins. One of the guards was impaled and died on the spot, but the other javelin missed its target and landed inside the storage room.

Both, the surviving goblin and the blond girl yelp out in surprise. The twins don't waste any time and charge forward to attack the remaining enemy. But he recovers quickly from his initial shock and parries an axe strike from goblina, he counters than with a kick and goblina lands on the ground. Her brother hits his target, but it is only a shallow wound. She jumps quickly back on her feet and enters combat once again.

In the meantime, the blond girl tries to understand what's happening in front of her eyes. It took her a while to realise that it doesn't matter. And she had to use the commotion for her survival. After she found the javelin, she starts to roll into its direction. This was her only way of moving because her hands and feet were still bound on the pole, which the goblins used to carry her.

The goblins inside the main cave could also hear the fighting, so the chief urged them to grab their weapons and they rush towards the storage room, to see what's happening.

Blondie has finally arrived at the javelin and tries to cut with the spearhead the rope binding her hands. Unfortunately, the fight already reached its climax. And after an axe blow between his eyes, the guard drops dead on the floor. Goblina now approaches the girls with a blood-dripping axe in her hand. In the meantime, her brother collects the spear, that is still inside the first guard.

Panic is now spreading through the girl. And she keeps trying frantically to cut the rope. With teary eyes, she sees Goblina coming closer and kneeling down in front of her. She now closes her eyes and waits for the inevitable.

88