First Day of Work
44 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Amber thought it would be an easy night. She was soon drifting far into nirvana when all of her worries was over; all she had to do was lay her head down.

However, when she reopened her eyes, she was on the bed. She was sure she had slept on the ground yesterday.

She had been too exhausted to get into the large king-sized bed in her room, which was another issue because she didn't believe she had benefited from any of the luxuries he bestowed on her.

She slowly opened her eyes to the invasive rays of sunlight before sitting in bed.

She quickly glanced at the entire room, noting its features, which she had neglected to do the day before.

He had essentially kidnapped her and dumped her in this room to get dressed.

Her belongings included a fresh pair of clothing. Not wanting to be seen naked and seduced by Damian any longer, she changed into a basic set of fitting white shorts and a black huge t-shirt.

The only furniture in her sparsely furnished room was a comfortable chair and reading table, as well as a wall-mounted side bookshelf and a walk-in closet.

Her eyes widened a bit at it. She had never before experienced such opulence.

Since she lost her father at the young age of five, life had been difficult. She was left with nothing but her mother, who was also taken away.

She stretched, gave a yawn, and got out of bed. She had to carefully evaluate her task despite having a strong desire to run away.

Even though her freedom was in jeopardy, he wasn't asking for much because she would be paid and Van, her cousin, would receive the best education possible.

'Wait, before I think about this, I must hear from Van first. I cannot affect his life negatively. Also, I can as well try to sneak out today again. If that...' she murmured as she shook her head to gather her thoughts.

Who was she deceiving?

He had never met her before, but he arrived at her workplace within a few hours. That alone rang a single bell, there was no avoiding him.

Her chest dropped at her situation, and she let out a heavy sigh as her mind chastised her for getting herself into such a mess.

**********

Damian strode into his company, his designer suit fitting perfectly on his toned frame. His chiselled jawline was covered in stubble, making him look ruggedly handsome.

Behind him was Amber, his journalist and new assistant, who was equally stunning in her fitted blue skirt and black blouse, tucked in neatly.

As they made their way to the top floor, whispers followed them. The employees couldn't help but stare at the dashing CEO and his beautiful assistant.

Gossip started to spread, with some speculating that Amber was there to be his new toy.

How much she hated him and what had become of her. She was sure he wouldn't hear them, even if he did, he just wouldn't care and she bet laughing would be the case rather than feel sorry for her.

"Good morning sir," his secretary greeted with a slight now, welcoming her boss.

As soon as her eyes caught sight of Amber they widened briefly and narrowed escorting the boss and employee pair to the office.

Bang!

She blinked severally. She had been completely shocked by his actions and spun around to look at him.

"Scardy mouse. Tsk, relax your nerves. I am not proposing marriage or something. Just work."

In the privacy of his office, Damian warned Amber about his strict policies and preferences. He had a no-nonsense approach to work and expected his staff to follow suit.

But despite his stern warning, he couldn't resist the temptation of her tantalizing curves and plump lips.

He stood up from his seat and stylishly walked over to where she sat earlier on when he was breezing her through his Dos and Don'ts.

Without a word, he leaned in and captured her lips in a deep, fiery kiss. Amber's eyes widened in surprise at his actions.

One would expect that with everything that had happened between them, she would not get shocked when he did something like this.

However, soon she found herself melting into the passionate embrace — too lost in the moment, breathless and yearning for more.

They took a quick pause, breathing mixed as they tried to catch their breaths.

"Umm... ah... now you know my answer to their stupid rumours and waste of time," Damian pointed out.

"I want you, you are my woman and my journalist?"

Amber blinked, unsure of what to say exactly as her mind tried to process all of what was said. "Huh?"

Ignoring her confusion, Damian continued. "All you have to do is obey and let your body respond to me as it will. Yes... Amber, feel the pleasure rising."

His lips brushed the underside of hers and within seconds, Amber's hands flew into his hair, pulling his face closer to hers in a long kiss.

When they finally broke away, it was clear that the office dynamics had shifted. And while she racked her brain for what that might have been, Damian snapped his fingers, breaking her from her little trance.

"Huh?"

"Ms. Star, I suppose you have a clear and gracious explanation for why you are having a wet dream fantasizing about me right in my presence in my office on your first day of work!"

Her eyes remained unblinking while her brain tried desperately to conjure an explanation for him as to what had exactly happened.
He wasn't completely wrong. In fact, he was right through and through. Just now she had been in a trance and the object of that illusion was him.
Shaking her head, Amber tried to make a better comeback as to what nonsense had happened when a sound clicked off.

Ding!

Like a loud bell, an idea clicked away in her head and her face grimaced.

"You. It was you who did this. You derive power from this right?" she asked, staring at him confidently as she mused.

"And what nonsense might you be spilling out now?" Damian questioned. "Do you think I would skip the work's dos and don'ts to make you fantasize when you are right here with me and I can take you any time?"

A loud coughing sound echoed in the big office as she chased away all chances of feeling good.

"Think what you may but know this, from today you are now assisting me as my personal secretary."

"What?!"

2