Chapter 10: Efforts Of Training And A Blood Mage?!
38 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I looked at everyone; they looked hardened from battle.
One man had two swords with knicks from continued use. He was at least 6 feet 2; he had a full set of armor in red and black. His chest plate was adorned with an eagle emblem. I assume he's a knight. The other person is much shorter, at 5 feet; she had a red robe on with an oakwood staff and a set of glasses that looked like something a grandfather would wear. They're most likely mages.

The last two look about the same, except they both had daggers, and one was 5 feet 8 with a lightweight chain mail chest plate and weird blue boots that look like they have lightning around them. The other one is 5 feet 5; he has the same armor and weapon, except that his daggers are black with red veins in them. They're both rogues, but I have to look out for the one with the black daggers; he looks more dangerous than the others.

"Is everyone ready?" I ask, looking at everyone smiling.

"We're ready, but do you think that you'll be fine without your teachers help?" The knight is mocking me.

Cracking my neck I relax and imagine the light and darkness radiating from my body. I open my eyes and push the energy out of my body. Suddenly, the ground starts to shake, and the knight who mocked me looks into my eyes.

He stares into Vestis's depths. His gaze shifts to the knight, who stretches his neck and pops his head off. At this, Vestis's face contorts, and he starts to speak, "Hey there, why don't you come with me and experience what hell is really like?" As his razor-sharp teeth peek out from beneath his lips, fire springs from his eyes. Without warning, Vestis rushes towards the knight and then vanishes.

While it appears as if the knight is just looking at Kamen, a closer inspection reveals that this is not the case.
The knight begins to scream, "He's a monster! Everyone run! Please God help me!" As he attempts to escape, I use ice magic to form an icy prison around him. Seeing this, everyone else stands in disbelief; they don't think I would be much trouble.

The magic creates a fireball and sends it towards me. I block the attack, only to see one of the rogues behind the fireball rushing at me. When I look at him, I disappear and reappear behind him. I grab him by the head and throw him into the magic. Unable to react, she takes a hit and collapses onto the ground.

Only the rogue wielding black blades remains. He runs toward me and throws two balls. I stared at the balls, and they exploded with light. Blinded, I relax and feel the energy around me. I can hear him, but it's too late. With his daggers, the rogue stabs me in the side. I push him back to the ground, denting the stone floor. I pull the daggers out and throw them on the ground. I walk towards the rogue and stop. I look down at my side and realize I'm not healing like I normally would.

"What is wrong with me?" I think as my body starts hurting and feeling weak, "You've been poisoned with beasts blood, Kamen." It's in my head, Lumen says. "I'll try my best to get rid of the poison."

"I guess I have to help too." I hear Vestis say, "I hope this power I'm giving you will do the trick. I don't want to overload you; you're not ready for my full power."
Shaking my head, I reply. "I don't care; I need something to help me."

Moving, I notice my body becoming lighter, and I feel stronger. This must be Vestis's doing. I walk up to the rogue, who is now getting up off the ground. He grabs his daggers and runs at me again. Not letting him do it again, I hold my hand out and feel the darkness come out of it. A peculiar darkness emerges and bites him in half. He screams only for a second as the darkness eats his other half.

Looking to the other side, I see the mage and the other rogue finally get up, with the mage handing the rogue a potion. I assume it's a health potion. Feeling refreshed, the rogue shakes his body. "You're going to regret doing that to my brother, you damned monster!" The rogue yells out, charging towards me. I prepared my sword and flashed towards him, appearing in front of him in a split second. I slash outward, hoping to cleave him in two. It's obvious they weren't going to let me live.

As soon as my sword touches his daggers, the mage fires off a wind slash in my direction. Seeing this, I grab the rogue by the face and throw him into it. The mage, unable to cancel his spell, witnesses the rogue's slicing in two.

Freaking out, the mage turns around and tries to leave. Realizing she couldn't, she turns around and looks into my eyes. My blood-red eyes stare into hers, and I can see the sheer terror in her eyes. I grab her by the head, bite into her neck, and drain her blood. Then, I bit my thumb and let my blood drip into her mouth. I drop her to the ground, and I see her body start to shake.

She starts screaming in pain, begging for me to kill her. With pity in my eyes, I look down at her. "Was I this desperate when I was turned?" I think of sadness written on my face.

I turn and see Elizabeth smiling; she seems pleased that I'm becoming my first vampire. Suddenly, I hear the screaming stop, and I look down at the mage to see her new form. She has beautiful pale skin; her breasts have grown larger; and she's at least a C cup now. I wonder where she is now. She was a mage. "Kamen, I can tell you what she is; you just have to ask me to inspect her." Lumen says.

Shocked, I ask. "That's a thing? I didn't know that was possible." Lumen shrugs his shoulders, like it was common knowledge. "Alright, let's do this." I look at the mage and say, "Inspect." When I see a screen pop up with her stats, I take a step back.

'Name: Ruby Ironclaw.'
Clan: Ironclaw
Class: Blood Mage
Sub-Class: Mystic
Personality: shy, easily amazed, super smart
Relationship: Servant'

I look at her stats and read 'Blood Mage'. "What on earth is a Blood Mage or a Mystic?" I pick her up and carry her towards Elizabeth.

"Elizabeth, would you happen to know what a Blood Mage or a Mystic is?" I ask, putting Ruby down. Thinking about it, she replies. "So what can Ruby do?" I ask cautiously, afraid of the answer.

Elizabeth looks at me with a knowing smile before answering. "Blood mages are known for their incredible healing abilities, as well as for using blood magic to amplify their spells—both offensive and defensive." As for mystics, they have the ability to use illusions and enchantments, including mind control." She pauses before adding quietly, "They can also be dangerous when used incorrectly."

I take a step back in shock. I shake my head before turning back towards Elizabeth and asking,So what should I do with her?"

Elizabeth takes a deep breath before saying,Well, I suggest you train her so she knows how to properly control her powers, especially since she won't remember much from when she was a human witch or mage."

I nod my head slowly in agreement before turning around and looking at Ruby again. I can see the confusion in her eyes as she stares blankly ahead, not understanding what has happened. I take a step forward and kneel down next to her, placing my hand gently on her shoulder in reassurance. Looking into her pale green eyes, I softly say,It's alright; there is nothing to fear here."

As some of the fear dissipates, I can see the confusion starting to fade from her face as some of the fear starts to dissipate. Standing up, I turn towards Elizabeth once more and ask, What should we do now?"

Elizabeth smiles knowingly before replying,You need to find a place for her where she can learn how to use her powers correctly without harming anyone or herself." She pauses for a moment before asking, "Do you happen to know a witch?"

Nodding, I tell her about Alice. "Maybe she can help; she is a witch after all; let's go to her and see what she says." When we go back to Elizabeth's house to get back to the portal, we notice Alistair is outside her house, waiting for us.

3