Chapter 21: Caged
40 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A Few Days Later

Blinking his eyes a few times as he regained his consciousness. Kazui was greeted by a pounding headache the likes he had never experienced before. Yeah he had dealt with the occasional migraine from studying too hard. This was just in a different ballpark altogether.

Holding his throbbing head he tried to figure out where exactly he was, what made it worse was the rattling of chains which echoed within his head making his migraine even worse.

Finally taking the chance to open his eyes, his breath caught in his throat as Kazui realized he was caged like a dog. What he wasn't expecting to see while in the cage though was a girl with platinum blonde hair situated just across from him. Watching him intensely with innocent  round grey eyes that were full of worry.

"You okay?" She asked her voice being the sweetest thing Kazui had ever heard.

"I'll live...hopefully. Why are we in cages?" Kazui questioned, regretting it immediately as he spoke, as the pain almost compounded within his head. It felt as if there was a miniature drummer using his brain as a drum set. He was completely regretting drinking that hot chocolate right now.

"To keep us from running away, there were a bunch of people who were. The nice people here said they were sent somewhere more suitable. Though I haven't seen any of them since. My sister was one of them, I hope she is really enjoying that lovely park they took her too." The girl stated placing her finger on her chin thinking. "Wonder what fun games they have there."

Pinching his nose as more pain coursed through his body Kazui didn't know how to react to the girls innocence, or even if he wanted to. But from what she was saying and how comfortable she seemed to be. She had obviously been here for sometime, maybe since the outbreak even began?

"What's your name?" Kazui managed out through the pounding pain, truly hoping that it would soon be over with. If it would ever be over with.

"What's your name?" The girl responded in a childlike manner giving Kazui a playful smile, one that made his heart skip a beat at the sight of her and her precious smile.

"Ah..um...my name is Kazui..Kazui Yamada." He responded as the loud creak of metal upon metal shrieked into the room adding more intense pain to Kazui's headache. Forcing him to double over in pain gripping his head in an attempt to fight through it. Feeling himself turning pale as vomit churned in his stomach threatening to rise into his throat.

Naomi stared at Kazui, when he couldn't see her face. It was completely filled with worry, seeing how sickly he was and how much pain he was in. Seeing the color of his face almost turning green it was a surprise he hadn't puked yet. When she had been put through what he was going through, the Yakuza members who kept them in the cages they were in had to clean her cage close to four or five times a day with how much she threw up; And watching Kazui fight it as if his life depended on it. Showed just how strong he was in this moment.

"Lunch time Na-OH. The candidate is awake. Gonna bring 'im some lunch too." The man spoke with a smile. Beginning to walk away he paused realizing he still had Naomi's tray in his hand, turning and placing it within her cage. "Sorry Naomi-San almost forgot to give you your food."

The food placed before her was a somewhat large bowl of rice, Miso soup, and some fried fish along with a glass of tea and a glass of water.

Eventually the man returned with a tray full of the exact same items sliding it into Kazui's cage. "Eat up little brother, if you want the sickness to go away get some food in your stomach. You'll feel better I promise." The man spoke with obvious worry in his voice.

"Go...fuck yourself.." Kazui groaned through gritted teeth pinning the man with a glare. With everything going on and how fate just seemed to like to continue kicking Kazui where it really hurt, he wasn't just going to sit by and abide like some kind of dog in some god damned cage. For what these fuckers did to him and his friends, they were all going to pay with their lives. Even if it meant playing along, Kazui was going to kill every single one of them.

"You have fight. That's good little brother, our Kami likes those who have fight, consider yourself at the top of the list for the ritual. For that you will need all the strength you can muster, it'll happen in four days once the Kami is prepared." The man spoke now in a saddened tone of voice.

"Where are my friends..." Kazui growled keeping the man pinned with his anger.

"You and your friends are really something, three of the four of you are wonderful candidates to receive our Kami's gift, while unfortunately one of you are not, and will be set aside to allow him to regain his strength more so. From what our Kami has told us. Younger individuals contain more energy sustaining vitamins and rejuvenating properties."

"The hell is that supposed to mean? One of them is cattle to be eaten? Is that what you're fucking insinuating?" Kazui questioned hoping that the man would answer. But the silence the man gave was more than enough of an answer. As horror swept through his body, he tried to figure out just who was going to be the cattle. Dylan? Shiro? Yui?

There was no telling who it could be, and there was no way that this man was going to tell him. Especially when Kazui unintentionally got himself bumped up some kind of list being the first to go through the ritual in being given the gift of this Kami.

0