Chapter 22: An Increased Sense of Fear
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Waking up in an unfamiliar room, that looked like any ordinary bedroom one would come to expect. Yui found herself in a comfortable bed covered in pink sheets and covers, that felt so heavenly that she didn't want to leave. Was everything Yui experienced in the last day and change just a bad dream?

That thought quickly left her mind when she checked her clothing, still being dressed in her school uniform that was drenched in blood.

"It wasn't a dream after all..." Yui muttered to herself slowly forcing herself out of bed. There was fresh sunlight pouring through the windows which was something she didn't expect to see or feel normally ever again. Where ever she was. It no longer felt like the hell scape that was the city, more it felt like someone had come to her rescue and brought her back to a little bit of normal.

Up until she decided to look out the window to be greeted with the biggest sight of destruction she'd ever witnessed. Where they were seemed to be some kind of island that gazed in the direction of the city. Where once stood mighty skyscrapers and residential and business districts. Now held the gaze of an absolute warzone. Most of the city's skyline had crumbled to the ground with more fires and smoke billowing into the sky painting the picture of absolute destruction and hell.

Placing her hand on her mouth taking in the horrifying sight. It was too much of a sight to take in. Falling to her knees, Yui could feel her heartbeat in her throat wanting to scream out. She couldn't do anything but watch the destruction before her eyes.

The sound of a door opening behind her slowly dragged her away from the sight she was taking in, turning around Yui paused as a stronger wave of fear pulsed through her body, as standing before her was a man who seemed to frail to be alive, with piercing crimson eyes that stared into her soul.

"Good. You awoke. Welcome to my home, hope you enjoy the stay here." The man spoke softly his voice completely void of any possible emotion. It was soft like velvet and even through and through.

"When did I get here?" Yui chocked on a sob continuing to take in the sight of the man, all her fear eating at her. It was when she spoke up that any emotion came to the mans face with a sneer of distaste.

Moving impossibly fast for someone who lacked the muscle capacity to do so. The man roughly grabbed Yui by the neck forcing her against the window. Although an unprompted response, she felt pain shoot through her body as his frail cold hand squeezed down on her throat closing her windpipe. Cutting off any air as Yui struggled to take in even a little bit of air.

"I never gave you permission to speak little one. Only speak in my presence when I give you permission do you understand?" The man growled roughly in Yui's ear sending an even deeper chill down her spine.

With as much as she could manage, which wasn't much at that point she simply gave a nod. That seemed to be enough to please the man who dropped her letting her body slam to the ground. Pain shot through Yui's body.

"Good, at least you can understand the simple things." The man spoke leaving the poor girl laying on the ground shivering where she lay.

Continuing down the hall the man returned to his own room, which was set up how the old emperors would have their rooms. Full of the finest silks and linens, the most valuable possessions.

Smiling at the sight of what was in his room was a poor boy tied to a table set how they would have a pig freshly roasted. Though instead of being roasted and before that being killed. The poor boy was alive.

Out of the most recent group that had been brought in from the radio shop three had been perfect candidates to be changed.

Having been the one to start the apocalypse that many lives had been lost and turned into undead, all in an attempt to pick up where he left off, the biggest headache of it all being just how out of control the entire outbreak had become. The second being little to no pawns with the gene, how his odds had sucked, and he'd only infected those that couldn't change in hope that the undead would create more like him.

But now, almost out of divine providence three perfect candidates show right at his feet. Perfect to make pawns, and perfect to make their power his own.

Chuckling low in his throat at the thought, the man dug a single finger into the young mans stomach. Piercing the skin as blood began to pool from the newly made hole.

Shiro squirmed against his restraints. Unable to see anything, but quite able to feel the immense pain he currently felt in his stomach. Feeling something having slowly stabbed into him, the pain erupted like a wildfire.

Crying out in muffled pain Shiro felt it as who or whatever it was pulled muscle, tore skin from his body. The only sounds he could hear besides that of his own flesh being removed. Was the sound of someone eating.

Oh gods something was eating him!

Trying to struggle as much as he could to undo the restraints. It was quickly met with a soft hand being placed upon his left leg as from the knee down it was torn from his body in one swift movement, earning a more visceral cry of pain from Shiro.

"What you are feeling isn't pain young one, what you are feeling is joy at being my selected feast." The voice of the man spoke as the blindfold over Shiro's eyes was removed gracing him with the sight of his guts atop his stomach blood seeping out from the many openings, and from where is left leg used to be.

Shiro didn't have enough energy within him to feel fear, to really feel the pain, or to feel any heat at all. Instead all he felt was cold, as his body shivered from the lack of blood feeling his heart beat slowing down more and more with each passing second. Before his vision could blur, what he saw next was the last thing he'd ever see again.

And that was the man ripping open Shiro's ribcage with just his bare hands.

0