Chapter 23: Before the Bombings 1
3 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Three Days before

After being helped down from the roof of the building by Xandria, Spirit looked around where they were in the city trying to catch his bearings. As far as he could tell they were only a handful of blocks away from where the church was, and if they could get there. Spirit could find his way back to the love hotel, and hopefully to his friends.

"Who was that man?" Spirit asked, not wanting to know what the man was up to, but rather to hopefully carry on his memory. Or more exactly to go to a therapist because at this point he was most likely just seeing hallucinations from all the trauma. Where would one even go for a zombie outbreak related therapist?

"He hunts people like me, people who are considered infected with the virus." Xandria responded simply.

As soon as those words left her lips, prompting Spirit to turn around with a shocked looked covering his face.  Pointing the gun given to him at the girl, he'd been through enough. He wasn't about to deal with another person turning in front of them, he'd rather just put the poor girl down before she turned into a zombie.

"When did you get bit?! When you and that guy were fighting the horde, which also speaking of which. How were you guys able to fight a horde of those things?!" Spirit questioned the gun shaking in his hand.

Xandria tilted her head watching him aim the gun at her. She wasn't supposed to hurt the kid, but she wasn't about to let him shoot her. So she did what she thought was best to do. Tell him the truth.

"I was not bit, well as far as I am aware. As for what flows through my veins, I don't know if it is the same as those who are shambling corpses. Though it's not contagious being around me, and I really wouldn't suggest you shooting me, especially if you want to keep your bones intact." Xandria spoke softly in that typical emotionless tone of hers. Gripping the chain below her cloak, she waited to see if he would decide to do something stupid.

"Then what are you infected with?! Some mutant variation of the flu? The Plague?! What?!" Spirit yelled again not noticing the undead he was attracting, being more focused on the woman in front of him.

"You would have to ask Doctor Amagi." Xandria simply explained leaning to one side eying the few undead that were beginning to make their way closer to him. "You might want to pay attention to what is walking up behind you."

Turning around Spirit would pale a bit seeing the undead he unwittingly attracted. It was only three of them, but with how things had progressed. It was a daunting sight.

Aiming the pistol instead at the undead prompted Xandria to walk over to Spirit. Placing her hand gently on the gun shaking her head as Spirit slowly lowered it.

"They are attracted by loud noises." She spoke in a low tone drawing one of her chained sickles walking towards it. "Their biggest weakness is their head, primarily their brain. All you have to do is deal enough trauma with a blunt weapon, put a bullet through their head, or sever the head from the body. That's the only way to kill one of the undead, any harm to their bodies only slows them down."

In one swift moment she rushed forward swinging the sickle with enough force to pierce through the first one's skull piercing the grey matter. Doing enough damage to the brain to prevent any remaining signals from flowing. Then she turned to the other two drawing the second sickle turning to the remaining two and quickly severing their heads from their bodies. Effectively showcasing what she was telling the teen.

"This is the easiest way to take them out, though it gets a bit harrier if you have to deal with any amount about two or three. At least for someone like you." She stated putting the sickles back under her cloak, now being covered in a bit more blood.

Watching in stunned silence, Spirit kept the gun pointed at her. Feeling his heartbeat race at a million beats per minute easy.

Xandria knew if she didn't take the gun from him, he would most likely shoot her. Not like it would do anything to her, well unless the bullet went through her skull. That would definitely be a problem if that happened.

Slowly, Xandria closed the distance doing her best to show that she wasn't a threat to him. She couldn't understand what was running through his head and what made him think she was going to turn into one of the undead. It was something that was virtually impossible to happen to her, thanks to her genetics.

Gently she placed her hand gingerly on the barrel of the pistol slowly lowering the gun that she could feel was shaking in his hands. "I am on your side Spirit, don't worry I won't turn into one of them. If I were I wouldn't stick around and endanger your life by being in your presence doing so. Now come on, we need to find your friends so we can go to your father." Xandria reassured him the best she could.

Still holding onto the gun for dear life, Spirit listened to the words she spoke. Letting out a small stressed breath. He nodded his head before putting the gun away. "Yeah...lets find them." He spoke softly. Beginning to lead the way at least in the direction he hoped the church was, if he could find a clearing he'd be able to see the giant cross that stood tall.

Eventually they found their way to the church after about three hours of wandering and getting a bit lost. Seeing the amount of bodies just two people had cut down was insane for Spirit to even begin wrapping his head around. Though not like it really mattered if he did or not, as the sight of the gnat covered bodies caused his stomach to churn. Running to the side he puked up whatever remained in his guts with Xandria standing behind him with that O shape in her mouth once more.

1