Chapter 24: Before the Bombings 2
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xandria stood behind Spirit as he puked up his guts, not really sure what to do in this kind of situation. So she did what she thought was best, grab a snack. Picking up a severed leg she began to take a few bites from it. The flesh was a bit stale and a little fatty, other than that it was still rather edible.

Hearing the noise of someone tearing into meat like a child eating a chicken leg. Spirit turned around going as pale as a ghost as he watched in horror as Xandria innocently ate someone's leg.

"I think I'm going to be sick." He gagged as more bile began to rise up, soon finding himself throwing up once more.

Xandria looked between him and the human leg she'd been gnawing on blinking confused. Was something about this disturbing? She didn't think it was, especially since she had to eat human flesh in order to heal even if just a little bit. It was what allowed her anatomy worked.

Though part of her would've thought that the kid knew everyone needed to eat every now and then, especially when they were growing and needed to fuel their bodies. Wait could she grow? Xandria knew she was about the age of seventeen, though she didn't know if she reached the peak of her development or not. Questions for later this was.

"Why're you throwing up now?" Xandria questioned taking a step closer to Spirit, who in turn took an equal number of steps away.

"Because You're eating someone's leg! At this point I'm used to everything else but people, eating people!"

Blinking tilting her head innocently at Spirit's outburst, Xandria slowly held it out to him. "Do you want some?"

"No. I don't want some! I don't eat people, I eat normal food!" Spirit continued. Before taking just a deep breath realizing he was still gripping the gun rather tightly, having his finger pressed on the trigger, and yet the gun hadn't shot. "Let's...just find our way to the hotel, and see if we can find my friends."

Eventually after much convincing. Spirit managed to drag Xandria along, allowing her to take out any undead along the way. Seeing her in action was something he couldn't wrap his head around. She moved with such speed and power it was like she was from some kind of Shonen manga or anime.

It was surely showed in the grace she attacked with, just how capable she was and how she had managed to take out the horde of undead. Was the man just as powerful as she was? Maybe even stronger since when he had met the two of them only mere hours before.

Though those thoughts only remained in his mind for a few moments before as his pace slowed upon seeing the sight of the hotel enter his vision.

As the feeling of pain grabbed as his heart as his mind went back to Hana. The girl he had watched turn, and...one of his best friends. He gulped as he felt tears threatening to push over once more, looking at his gun. There was only one thing that was on his mind in that moment, all thoughts of the others stripped from his mind as focused on one thing. Putting Hana out of her misery.

"Xandria...I need you to keep watch out here for a few moments. There's something that I need to take care of inside." Spirit muttered in a low tone heading inside the building alone glancing about the darkness of the inside of the building. The light that was casted from within the door way cause his shadow to paint the floor.

Taking a deep breath he looked at the gun in his hand he didn't truly know how to even use one of these. If only the man had taken the chance to show him how to use it before jumping off of the roof of the building they were on.

But right now none of that mattered. Pushing forward into the hotel he looked around hoping his eyes would adjust enough for him to actually walk through without having to be completely blind. Though as if it were him asking too much he found himself stumbling through the building going deeper into the darkness to the point he couldn't see but a foot in front of him.

Feeling his fear beginning to rise, he took a shaky breath walking through the main halls of the hotel before taking a wrongly timed step finding himself slipping in some kind of liquid that he couldn't see at all. Feeling himself land on the ground with a loud thud. Feeling the air having left his lungs he groaned as he struggled to take in a short and simple breath.

Next to where his head lay he heard the sound of a hand being forcefully being placed against a door. Slow and methodical at first, then it picked up in tempo almost as if whoever it was, was trying to get out the room.

Xandria stood outside sitting on a curb watching for any undead that would for some reason take interest in the hotel while Spirit was inside of it. Though his reasoning for going into that building alone was lost on her. So she sat there in silence. Waiting for something that could keep her mind busy.

Though on the other hand it was her duty to be there for him, if anything were to happen to him. It would mean something bad would happen to her, or at least that was the gist she got from the doctor.

Before her thoughts could continue down that road, there was a sound she had never really heard before. Piercing through the sky with a large boom. She looked up as her eyes widened at the sight of, from what she could recall from the many quick lessons she had over the course of a month.

Flying in the air high above the city, was a squadron of fighter jets.

0