Chapter 25: Answers
4 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Standing there before the Doctor. Damian continued to hold him at gun point just in case he were to try something. And given how he somehow was connected to an Infected, he was keen on being extra careful in this moment.

"I have a few questions for you. If you don't mind answering them at gun point that is." Damian spoke in a low tone keeping the gun trained on the man before him. Just going off of the mans physical features, there was nothing about him that matched what he had seen from the kid. Even if he was Spirit's father, and they had little shared traits between him, there would at least be something between them that would show that genetical link. But from what he saw currently. There was nothing of the sort.

"And what questions might those be?" Doctor Amagi responded not showing an inch of fear for the situation he found himself in. For that Damian had to give the man props, normally if a civilian was held at gun point they'd shake in terror and beg for their lives. But not this man.

"Primarily. Why did you send an Infected to go fetch your supposed son? Additionally why is one of the four horsemen putting in a request to be brought to them." Damian spoke softly.

"Well...that is quite a loaded question. Where to begin, where to begin...First off, guessing you could already tell from what you have seen of me so far. Spirit is indeed not my son, you could call me something along the lines of a foster parent. Put in charge of guiding him along with his life, making sure that he gets a proper education, and having a better view on human life compared to most Infected. As to why I sent the girl to protect him and guide him back. Well, that is part of a contingency. In case he were to get mortally wounded that is, and as to why a one of the four horsemen want him. That is due to who his true father is."  He responded telling the man before him the answers to most of his questions.

Listening to the words Doctor Amagi spoke. It took a few moments for it to register within Damian's mind. What clued him in on the reality of the situation were the last few words that he spoke.

"Who is his father?" Damian spoke in a low tone. With the more answers he got, the more questions fluttered into his mind. For him to be connected to the horsemen must mean that he his connected to the upper echelon of the infected hierarchy.

"Tell me. What do you know about the Infected hierarchy?"

"I know that at the top is the king, then under him is the four princes. Then below the princes are the four horsemen, and from what I know of them. They are considered the kings right hand people. Then below those four. Are the heads of each faction of the more notable Infected hierarchy. Which if I recall correctly there are four factions. Maybe five."  Damian answered the mans question, still not sure who the boy could be connected to.

"Well your answer is in what you just said, if I gave you that answer. It would put the kid in way too much danger, and on top of that. He's just a good kid. There world as it is has too much violence in it. Last thing he need is to go through that hell and be scarred for life as a result. That's why I wanted Xandria to go and fetch him, to bring him back here where he would be safest." The doctor explained turning to the monitors watching the events that were currently transpiring. "The world is full of too much cruelty, cruelty brought forth by humans in origination."

Turning his attention to the screen. Damian felt his heart pause almost as he noticed on the screen what was flying through the sky. What he saw on the screen was two separate groups of fighter jets, joined with four bombers in total. It was then Damian realized what the damn military was going to do.

"They're going to bomb the fucking city." Damian breathed in horror watching as they flew more over the city.

"Humans bring forth more destruction even when they try to fix a situation. Though it doesn't really help that everything keeps going further and further down hill." The doctor spoke with a hint of sadness in his voice. pressing a button as what came up on the screen was a sight of Spirit and Xandria moving through the streets heading towards some back alley. Then they watched Spirit walk into some kind of hotel alone.

Turning Damian hurried to leave the room they were in an attempt to even make it to where the kid was. The only thing that stopped him from doing so was the voice of the Doctor.

"You might want to stay here for a few moments longer, there is no sense in getting yourself killed when they drop the bombs. Even an experienced hunter such as yourself won't be able to survive such a barrage of explosions.

Damian hated that the man was right. There was nothing that he could do. Especially when all he could do was watch.

1