Chapter 26: The Bombings
7 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Laying on the ground in a substance he wasn't willing to even begin guessing what it was. Spirit continued listening to the almost rhythmical pounds on the door, and from the sound of it. The door was on the verge of giving out.

He was too stunned from the fall to even fully react to the creaking of the wood. Hearing as it strained to keep together at the constant beating, soon the sound of tearing wood erupted, drawing Spirit out of his state of stupor.

His vision having adjusted barely he blinked trying to force himself to see more than just a hand full of inches. After a moment of it not working at all he made his first attempt to get up, in the process unwittingly putting himself in the way of the hand that had recently broken through.

Getting painfully gripped by the hand Spirit almost let out a cry of pain, only to have it be caught off by it forcefully slamming his head into the door. Almost as if it were trying to use him to break the door open.

In an attempt to keep his head from being bashed in, he held himself just mere inches away keeping his hands on either side of the door.

Finally managing to push himself away from the door, which took all his strength to do. Spirit hit the ground again hard, hitting his head against the floor. Leaving his vision to see double, if he could see in the darkness anyways.

Listening to the sound of tearing wood continue as Hana's corpse continued tearing at the door trying to get to Spirit.

Not knowing what to do, and being in too much pain to even process the situation correctly. Spirit Laid sprawled out on the slick floor as Hana's corpse fell upon him. Trying to react as fast as he could he brought the gun up hitting her in the side of the head as he tried to crawl away.

Feeling his panic at an all time high, Spirit honestly didn't know how he thought this was a good idea to begin with. Yet there was a part of him, that knew she needed to be put to rest.

Xandria continued to watch as the flight of planes continued moving over the city, at first it seemed like they were looking for something, maybe gauging the damage that had been done to the city so far.

That was until bombs started to drop from the sky. Scattering destruction along the city as explosions rocked the city and the buildings around it. As buildings fell from the force of the explosions.

Her eyes widened at the sight of the explosions, and just how close they were growing. Turning she ran into the hotel in order to attempt to get him out as the sound of a gun shot rang out from within the building.

Damian stood there as the entire facility shook heavily from the force of the explosions that littered the city above. His gut tightened at the sight as he knew deep down there was no way that Spirit would even be able to walk out of this city alive. Not like this.

Turning to attempt to go back to the surface he saw that the door was closed barring him completely from the outside world.

"What in the fuck are you doing?!" Damian yelled at Doctor Amagi who had his hand held atop of the button Damian only assumed was the reason they were both trapped within the facility.

"If you go out there now, you'll meet the same fate as seventy-five percent of the people not infected. Trust me, this is the best place to be." The Doctor admitted sadly looking back towards the screens observing the city as it was destroyed.

"And you're just going to stand here and let Spirit die?" Damian asked.

"He isn't going to die with Xandria with him, but not getting hurt is another story entirety. But that also depends on how many waves they send our way." Amagi admitted letting out a tired breath looking at Damian. "If he dies it would be a sad day, don't get me wrong. It's just with the state of the world at the moment, there's nothing we can do."

Damian couldn't understand the mans view of the situation, not even willing to at least make the attempt to save the kid.

I really shouldn't be doing this. That thought crossed Damian's mind a moment before he began to do, what he knew was a really big mistake. Here goes the last state of my self preservation.

Raising his gun once more Damian held it against the doctors head. Glaring with his eyes hidden by the gas mask he wore.

"Open the door, or take a bullet to the head. This is the only chance you have."  Damian spoke coldly, he didn't personally care for the explosions. He could avoid them annoyingly enough.

"Guess I'm taking the bullet then, if it'll stall your suicide attempt." Doctor Amagi admitted sadly stealing one last glance at the monitor. Looking at the remains of the city, as flames and destruction began to overtake it.

Flames, that he honestly believed were the flames of change. The flames that would usher in a new era in this world. One that many hoped would come for a long time now. Smiling as he thought of the fact, that deep down Spirit would be okay, that he would live the life he was meant to. Only if the world permitted it.

Next thing that would happen as the sound of a single gunshot echoed out from the room. Where as everything began in Darkness, the man would be returned to the darkness.

Taking a deep breath walking towards the control console. Damian quietly brought down the restrictions keeping him trapped within the facility. He knew that he didn't need to kill the man, but when it came to the life of who he was tasked to protect with his life. He had to make some sacrifices somewhere, even if it was the kids adopted father.

1