Chapter 30: Punishment
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What are you doing outside of your room?" The voice of the man behind Yui questioned as the fear she felt mounted to dizzying proportions. As the man behind her spoke it gained the attention of the man who was eating Shiro. A cruel smile playing on his face.

Why couldn't anything go right?

Standing tall not even bothering to wipe the blood and gore off his face. The man walked towards her with an inhumanely slow speed. Studying her features as he seemed to relish in the fear he caused her. He leaned down way too close to the girl's face, his face only mere inches away.

Her delicate skin was perfect to the point he almost salivated. Her brown curls framed her beautiful face. The thought of making her his queen definitely crossed his mind

"I don't remember giving you permission to leave your room."  He spoke gripping her chin tightly, causing Yui's face to erupt in a burst of pain, his grip was like iron. "I don't like those below me watching me eat."

Looking up from her to the man behind her. His lips curled up in distaste. "I should kill the lot of you. Especially when none of you were doing what I kept you alive to do." He spoke his tone cruel and filled with resentment. His grip tightening on Yui's face threatening to almost dislocate her jaw, or worse break it.

The raw strength this man held was unlike anything Yui had ever seen in her life. And that terrified her, even more so than the zombies she had ran from. She watched this man eating one of her best friends, and turn from a frail sunken shell of a man, and grow younger with each bite he took. His eyes held no remorse, no pity for what he had done.

"It's because of you dipshits that the outbreak even happened to begin with. Letting me believe that the ones I bit had the gene needed for their ascension..." The man spoke in a low tone his gaze turning to her as his eyes lit with a sudden recognition in his eyes. "I know exactly how I am going to punish you."

Her blood went cold as he lifted her without any effort by the chin bringing her to eye level with him. "You are going to become just like me."

"W-wha" Before she could finish her words, the man gave one small squeeze pain shooting through her body as with one simple movement he dislocated her jaw. Crying out in pain as Yui reached gripping at the mans arm struggling to even make him even twitch.

"I never said you could speak. But no worries, you'll be learning your place soon enough." He chuckled a cruel light twinkling in his eyes dropping her onto the ground letting her writhe in pain. "Go set her jaw and make sure she doesn't get out until I am prepared to turn her."

Dylan opened lay on the ground, his body dripping sweat from every pore. Breathing heavily, the last several days had been the most pain filled he'd ever been in his life. To make matters worse. He didn't feel like himself. Not since the man with black hair had bit him.

Looking up from the floor to the wooden walls, then to the metal door that kept him in this room. The first thing he'd expected to feel after days on convulsions and pain so intense he thought he'd die from it. Yet all he felt in this moment was a hunger so intense it was enough to nearly drive him insane.

Forcing himself to stand, he shambled to the door trying the handle, only to realize that he'd all but destroyed the door handle with a single movement. Staring at the handle in his hand in shock he looked back to the door then back to the handle before doing something any rational person would do in that situation.  He kicked the door off its hinges.

Flying off its hinges the door found itself lodged into the wooden wall. Walking out of the room he found himself in what seemed to be some kind of mansion that belonged to a lord or a rich family. Or at least that's who he assumed owned it.

"Seems you have finally awoken from your ascension." The voice of the man spoke as he walked down the hallway towards him. "You seem to be relatively in one piece after all that. I am rather impressed. I'm even more surprised that your sanity is intact."

"What...have you...done...to me....?" Dylan panted his throat dry, almost tightening from how dehydrated he felt.

"I have given you a gift. One that allows you to stand within a different plane compared to the cattle that are below us. A gift that if used correctly, would place you in history as a god" The man said placing a firm hand on Dylan's shoulder. "Come and transcend humanity with me."

Cattle? Just what was he talking about? Most importantly, what was he to do with the hunger he felt?

"I figured you'd be famished by now, so I saw to it that you'd be getting properly fed." The man spoke with a cruel smile curling his lips as he watched the man before him mentally grapple with the information that would surely drive him insane. "Just be patient and all will be as it is destined to be."

Kazui looked up from the cage he found himself trapped in, it wasn't such a bad experience been like this. Given that the people who kept him locked in the caged treated him like a person, they even gave him medicine and food to help ease the pounding pain he had in his head.

He even went as far as to spend the last couple of days getting to know Naomi, who for lack of a better term was his cage mate, Cage Neighbor? Whatever it would be considered anyways.

Kazui personally couldn't wait until he and Naomi were both allowed outside of their cages. Able to walk around unimpeded.

Even if he was in the cage, he was still enjoying himself, in the relative peace and safety of where he was. But because everyone here seemed to hint that there was something much darker going on here. Something that had been kept far away from him and Naomi.

Just focus on the good, just focus on the good. He mentally projected to the entirety of his surroundings hoping that something wouldn't change.

Though like all good things, even if it were in moments full of falsehoods, it wouldn't take long for something to inevitably go wrong.

0