Ayame’s Wish – Before the War Arc (8)
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few days before Hikaru and Hana went to Welcia Academy:

So, Ayame, what is your wish?”- I was discussing important matters about the war with Hana. We almost finished, I don’t know why she was curious about it.

I want to live a happy life with the person I love. That's as much I can say”- Hana looks more curious than ever now.

Kinda curious. What are you and Fumiko planning after the war?”- How did she know this?

Ummmmm, I don’t know, maybe travel or something like that. Ummmm, how did you know about us?”- I am curious now. Hana shouldn’t have been able to know this about Nanano

Sia permitted me to look at your memory recollections. Hikaru and I get them frequently as well. I avoided telling Hikaru too much about you, he already has a lot of things from his recollection. I don’t know if he can handle seeing someone else suffer”- So this is why? How come I rarely get to talk with Sia?

So, you know about my past life and how I ended up in this world then. I guess you also know about Hikaru and you being blood-related siblings”- I don’t know what things to throw Hana off. I am not comfortable enough to share too much about myself, but I guess she already had seen more memories than I wanted to share with her

Yes, I know, that doesn’t change the fact that I love him. I want what is best for him. Hey, Ayame, let’s make a promise to each other, shall we?”- What does she mean?

What do you mean?”

Let’s promise to help each other and do our best for the people that we love.”

Well, that’s something I could get behind. Let’s do our best!”- Hana and I shook hands.

After that, she went to check on Hikaru.

I am going to check on Nanano and see what is she doing right now. I want to spend as much time as I can with her.

Hey, Nanano!”- Before barging into the room I checked to see if there was anyone else there.

Hey, how are you? Fancy giving me a hand with these papers?”- Nanano threw me a quill and pointed to a chair near her.

Sure. But you got to rest a little as well. How about we go for a walk after we finish? We can sleep after that or after we take the walk, it’s up to you”- Nanano stopped writing and turned to look at me, she had a small warming smile on her face.

Ok. We will go for a walk and then we will rest, together”

Nanano and I completed the documents and filled in the needed information. God, my hands hurt so much from writing, even when I am writing 2 papers at once it’s hard to keep up with Nanano, she writes so fast, I guess she had a lot of time to practice for this. I am impressed that Nanano moves so fast considering her small size.

And we are done, it only took a few hours but we are done for the week with these.”- I stood up from my chair, I got a bit of tunnel vision but I managed to stabilize myself quickly enough.

The same happened with Nanano but I managed to catch her in time.

Let’s go on that walk Ayame”- Nanano extended her hand. I held and held.

We exited the building holding hands, we were still in the Nation of Monsters but we had a safe place to take a walk.

Say, Ayame, how do you like this world so far?”- Nanano pointed to a small rock that we can rest on. I guess this is as far as she wants to walk. But I guess it’s better since if we go any further we might encounter humans.

Well, for me it’s good. It’s good because I have you. I don’t know what would I do without you Nanano”- I lay on the flat rock with my head pointing up.

Nanano lay near me, she wrapped her right hand around my shoulders and started to point at the clouds in the sky.

I see. I think the world had been just as cruel to almost everyone but me. I look at Hikaru and Hana and see people who have suffered a lot, I can’t describe their suffering with words, those won’t it. You suffered a lot in our world, but here you are happier. I feel out of place here, if I complain a little I feel like I am just downplaying other people’s suffering”- Nanano began to tighten her right arm a little. I wrapped my left hand around her and tried to comfort her with a hug.

You don’t have to feel this way. If you can’t tell Hikaru and Hana maybe you can tell me. I am not your girlfriend just for show. I want to help you with any problem that you have, will all the problems that you have. I want to help you as much as possible Nanano”- She tilted her head, looking at me with a smile.

Thank you, but, I still don’t know how to feel about this at all. I am also anxious that the war is coming soon”- Nanano starting to shake a little. Her eyes began to get humid, it was almost like she was about to cry.

What about the war Nanano?”- I am not as concerned about the war. I am confident in my ability to defend Nanano and the people in the village, the Great Sage taught me that strategy counts more than strength.

I am scared that one of us will die. It will be so hard for me to live my days without you Ayame. It will just feel empty. In our original world, you were the one who helped me keep going all of these years, from the moment I met you. I was only the reach girl with an influential family that everyone made friends to get benefits from. You are the only person that I consider a genuine friend. You mean a lot to me”- Fumiko started to tear up, tears slowly moving down her while she was staring at me.

Well, I trust me. I will live through the war. For us!”

0