Return to the Otherworld – Before the War Arc (10)
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few days later:

It’s finally time to put our plan into action. We want to send all of our previous classmates back to our world. The time has come.

Hey, Hikaru, are you ready? Today is the day”- Hana is talking with our classmates, at least those on our side. I made sure to bring Masamune and that girl who tried to kill, I forgot what her name was. I made sure to bring them here as well so I could return everyone there.

Yes, we must do it. I will take care of the dungeon, you take care of the teachers.”

Not all of our classmates that were on our side were in the dungeons, only the most vocal ones plus some slaves. Today is different, I have seen all of them here near the circle, and the slaves remained in the dungeon, I was referring to my classmates. The dungeon was most likely a punishment, but I still have to make sure that everything is going to plan, we can’t afford failure with this plan.

Ok, I spoke to some of them, I told one of my close friends from school who I was, she has enough influence to make people listen to her commands, she is useful, and the good thing is that she only listens to me. Anyway. We must hurry to get to the 1st lesson, the library lesson is 2nd

The 1st lesson is more like an introduction to what we will do in the 2nd lesson, from what I know this had been done because Hana and I were there.

I just skipped the lesson, most of the things said there were precautions Sia told us to take when fighting among other things that were useless for our current level.

Hikaru, now”- We were preparing to leave the classroom and go to the library, I took a detour into the faculty room, there were teachers there.

Are you lost, young man?- One of them asked.

I shook my head in disagreement. My shadow tendrils slowly crept upon their throats and began to strangle them enough to knock them out.

Using my shadow tendrils I opened the passage to the dungeons, shed my disguise, and freed everyone. It didn’t take much energy, my shadow tendrils could slice metal with ease, and those metal grates flew like they were nothing.

All of you, slowly make your way out, wait for us in a group outside, we will come for you”- I pointed to the dungeon exit.

One more thing, otherworlders, come with me, you will return to your world if you so wish, if not go with the rest”- A few people gathered behind me, I recognized them, they were classmates who were making fun of me, but why are they here?

I ran as fast as possible but I also kept in mind their rhythm of running so that they could keep up.

Upon running into the library I could see the teachers knocked out by Hana and all of the otherworlder students in the circle.

Now, you guys, get there. Hikaru get ready to activate the summoning circle”- The students who followed me ran into the circle.

Hana and I were on opposite sides of the room, fueling the circle with our mana.

The circle began to glow, then light up in a strong and bright light that was almost blinding but at the same time comforting.

Soon a portal opened at the feet of our classmates and they fell back into our world. I could see the scene, our world, the school, my body, Hana’s body, and our classmates standing there confused.

We can’t go back, we are already dead, but, at least for them to do this. I don’t know why I bothered, but it’s too late to regret it. Sometimes I hate myself for this thinking that I have but there isn’t anything I can do.

This is done. Now, we still have to get the people in the dungeon and get to the nation of monsters with the people that were held in the dungeon”- Hana looked exhausted, well we were both exhausted, the amount of mana we used was huge for just a summoning circle. We sent over 300 people back.

To make a long story short, we met up with the group from the dungeon and traveled to the Nation of Monsters with them. We meet Fumiko and Ayame there.

Ayame took care to show everyone around the small city.

Hana and I rested.

And now, we are here, today. A few days later.

Ayame, Fumiko, Hana, and I are discussing what sort of strategy we should use when fighting the troops of King Wieka. Ayame suggested that we build a barrier from both natural and magical material and also cast a barrier spell around the city. Hana and I approved of that, we can keep that barrier going for a long time, granted that we recover from all the mana we spent a few days ago.

That will take a lot of workforces to do. Are you sure about that Hikaru?”- Ayame, is about to note down the official orders for the construction of the barriers.

Look at the bright side, our city will have its defenses and then we can focus on building more amenities for our people. If we have our defenses in place, then we can focus more on the people”- I like how Fumiko thinks, her skill in strategy and development is something else.

Ok, it’s settled then”- Ayame wrote the official orders. I won’t bore you with the detail of what those orders entailed but let’s say she wrote a lot. We need to get our document situation sorted as well. We need to simplify a lot of them or have a way to deal with less of them, the workload on Ayame and Fumiko is huge.

Ok, I issued the order, everything will begin building tomorrow in the first morning hours, today we will be gathering all of the material from the surrounding forest.”- Ayame showed us the papers, and she then exited the room.

Well, this is it. The war is almost upon us”- I could hear Fumiko whisper to herself.

I think that she is regretting the choice to side with us. I don’t want anything bad to happen to her. I need to make sure I protect everyone here.

0