Preparation – Before the War Arc (11)
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Well, this day will only be spent on preparations for the attack. We expect one from the Kingdom of Wieka any day.

I found out some things while I was at the academy and overlooked. I heard some teachers talking about this. They said the king used the war against demons to declare war on all monster races, not just demons. Their end goal is to enslave monsters worldwide and get free and cheap labor out of them.

We won’t let this happen. From my experience monsters in this world aren’t “evil” or have that urge to kill people, not all of them. The only monsters who do that don’t possess human intelligence.

Now, we only have to enforce our nation and then we should be ready for everything that is coming our way.

The only people that will be fighting will be Ayame, Me, and Hana.

Getting back at it, I am helping around with the building, my shadow tendrils make it easy for me to carry heavy objects like stones or magical metal.

Hey, Hikaru, stop spacing out!”- One of the monsters that was working there was snapping his fingers at me.

Sorry. I will move faster”- I don’t know what happened, I did space out, well this happens when you are in your head 24/7

Take a break, our team already built around 25% of the entire wall, we were working for around 8 hours straight without a break. Have some rest and we will continue at night”- 8 hours? When did they pass so quickly, I swear, a few moments ago I was just starting this wall portion.

Hey, how is the building going”- Ayame sneaked behind me and placed her left hand on my right shoulder.

We have done around 25% of the entire my lady”- The monster engineer spoke

It looks a lot bigger than 25% of a wall”- Ayame pointed in front of where she was facing.

Well, I meant 25% of the total is already built. The wall is around 10 meters tall, humans aren’t that tall and it will be hard to bombard us. These walls are made out of wood, stone, and magical metal infused by my Master’s skill”

Ok. That was quick. I just checked on Hana and we have around 50% total. It should take us 1 more day or just do that overnight. I won’t be able to help, humans don’t have night vision like monsters do”- Ayame waved at us with a smile and then left us there.

Come on Hikaru, let’s have a rest”

I and the rest of the workers have left too. We meet in the middle of the city with the others.

Hana and I placed ourselves further away from the other workers, we wanted to have time for ourselves.

So, you guys finished as fast as us?”- Hana and I are sitting back to back. I am holding her hand. We are looking around the city to see what is new there. In the time spent at the academy, I am sure new things would have been built, even if they were small things.

Yes, I guess so. We need to put up this wall tonight. We will have more time to prepare for other things.”- Currently, my sole focus is on building this wall. I fear what will happen when King Wieka and his military attack.

Looking back on everything I had done, those things weren’t good, I don’t know why some people are cheering me on. I did horrible things to other people and that can’t be excused, even if those people were bad, that’s still no excuse. I don’t know what God will allow me or anyone else to do this, it’s like the gods of this world don’t give a damn about the world

!After my analysis, the gods don’t seem to care about the world, but keep in mind the probability of this being true is only 20%!

!I’d wager 100%!- What was that? I could hear the voice of a woman, a serene voice, a voice so soothing that it could calm anyone down even from the deepest anger, it was relaxing.

Who are you?”- That voice wasn’t Sia, and the way she spoke, Sia wouldn’t speak this way and if it was a joke it would have been obvious

!You can call me The Great Sage. I am what is called a, um, people call me a god, but that’s not important. Gods of this world don’t care about the world at all. I met them 2000 years ago and they haven’t changed even now!

!Question: Are you a god? Or do humans or other living beings call you a god?! - Sia interjected in our conversation.

!I am an Entity, that’s what we used to call beings like myself. I don’t have a true physical body, I only use my previous body as a vessel. I don’t even need a physical body, I can just create one with magic and have the same effect!

! Question: What are your powers?!

!I will give you all the information you need Sia, it seems like you forgot about me!- Forgot about her?

!Don’t worry, Sia will shut down for 5 minutes to process the information. The message I have for you Hikaru is that 500 years from now, I will return to this world and make it right. What I want from you is to make the world right in my place, I will grant you any wishes you have as long as those wishes don’t harm other people. Do we have a deal?!- This sounds interesting, but if she is a god, she could see all the harm I had caused, why me then?

!Why you, well even if you were harmed, you did it for a good cause, you had good intentions, and you are not a ruthless criminal that kills people for fun. I believe in you.!

You already know what I want, right?”- She knows, but I still want that security.

!Yes, you want to be void of nothingness. I can grant you that, Hikaru Tanaka!

0