The Previous Monster War – Before the War Arc (12)
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The previous monster war was bloody and you couldn’t catch your breath even for a second, the monsters were ruthless when they attacked.

I can still see visions of the past taunting me at every corner.

Everything began when I was just 18 years old, an adult by the standards of many here, well, past adult age, people here gain adulthood at 16, I heard that the 18 standards were set by otherworlders when they arrived in our world for the first time.

I still remember when I became a Holy Knight in the Kingdom of Wieka. The tradition here is that anyone who becomes a Holy Knight and follows the Holy Church can become King regardless of status, which was wonderful, back then I was just a poor boy who had just become a man.

I, the Grand Priest Magno, appoint you, Camon as a Holy Knight, from now on you will be known as Camon the Holy”- My name before becoming the king was Camon, I changed my entire name when I became king.

It is an honor, Your Holiness”- That was the moment when I became a Holy Knight for the first time.

What is happening to me and my mind? It’s like my memories are displayed to me, is it a dream? How do I wake up?

!Perceptive I see. Get lost in your memories again, there might be something you seek!- What was that voice? Who is that?

Another memory appears:

It was my first mission as a Holy Knight, to defend a Church official on a road filled with monsters.

I was pretty high-level even back then and it was hard, but with my experience now, it should be easier, but this is just a memory.

Hey, Camon, up ahead there are monsters, we should watch ourselves. Sir Reymen, please, stand back while me and Camon go and check”- On this mission, I was with one of my friends, Durgesh, he is still a Holy Knight but under my service now

We took 3 steps forward, my eyes darted my and forth to different segments of the field we were in, the grass is pretty tall here so it’s easy to get jumped, by humans and monsters alike.

Up ahead of Durgesh, some grass was shuffling back and forth like someone was walking through it. He signaled to me by raising his hand, we got in position and we nearby making as little sound as possible.

A man looks like a merchant ran out of the grass behind him there were 3-to 4 giant monsters, I forgot what they were called, but they looked like snakes but were around 30 meters long

We got a lot on your hands it seems”- Durgesh attacked first with one of his skills, defeating one of the monsters on the spot, with 3 left to go.

I jumped in the air creating an air platform so I could be on the same level as the snake, I infused some of my holy magic in my sword dashed directly at the snake, and sliced its head off, it managed to scratch me a little but my armor protected me. Ahh, the young me, not as fast as I am now, with my current strength I would have sensed all the monsters and killed them in a few seconds when they arrived there.

You had quite the talent even back then, but now you are even more talented my king”- This voice, I know it. It’s the voice of my goddess. I know this is a dream, but she does appear in my dreams often, I heard that this is how gods communicate with humans.

My goddess, is that you?”- There were instances when I wanted to give up on the war with the monsters, but my goddess always pushed me forward on the right path.

Yes, of course. Let’s change the room a bit shall we?”- I heard a finger snap and my memory evaporated, I was now standing in a void-like dimension, and the dimension was slowly changing to a beautiful garden with all sorts of roses, birds, and animals, a fertile and serene land.

What brought you here today your holiness?”- I kneeled before her, she was my role model since I was a child, and her ideas brought this kingdom prosperity. She is on every crest in Wieka now and the symbol of our church since I was a little child.

Camon, as your goddess, I hereby name you as my Herald. You will be my guiding light on earth. The war on the monsters of The Great Sage shall begin soon. I know you might have doubts but let me show you the true face of the Great Sage, how truly monstrous she is. All of these monsters were her creations, you know I will never create something like these horrid creatures. Right?”- The goddess walked closer to me, placing her left hand on my right shoulder, and slowly moving that hand to my face. A bright light emanated from her hand, I felt that my body was lighter and I felt stronger than before.

As you wish your Holyness”

The memory:

I can see a girl, no, not only 1 girl, there were 8 in total, and the clothes they wore were different from the ones in this world. Everything looked more modern there. 7 girls were being protected by 20 people, there was a young girl with white hair and crimson eyes standing in front of them. The 20 people are pointing something at them, like some sort of weapon, it looks like a more advanced flintlock rifle from our world, or like a modern magic gun made by otherworlders from a place called America.

The white-haired girl is The Great Sage”- I heard my goddess whisper sweetly to me

The white-haired girl raised her left hand, in her left hand there was a katana, purely crimson, looks like it was made out of crystals.

I already told all of you, that is the last time I will make this offer, put your weapons down and give up on the war, it isn’t worth it.”- She pointed the crimson katana at them

Like we would believe a monster like you. Everyone, Fire!”- The people began to fire, I don’t know what that means but something came out of the barrels of those weapons and pierced The Great Sage.

The Great Sage regenerated shortly after.

She dashed forward, and with one swing of her katana, she managed to kill 5 of those people.

You didn’t listen”- She dahsed again at an incredible speed going from place to place and killing almost everyone, aside from the 7 girls.

See what she did? Those people knew monsters could not be trusted. You don’t need to further, I think you know what happened next, right? I tell you again, destroy the monstrous creation of the Great Sage. Destroy them and bring peace to humanity”- We returned to the same plane we were before the memory.

Maybe you should shut up”- A sword is coming for my goddess, I only saw 2 crimson eyes and I was paralyzed.

What?”- She looked behind her, she was impaled by the sword, and behind her stood The Great Sage.

Well, maybe you shouldn’t go around and tell lies to people. Wars are always useless. Both sides lose, there is nothing to gain. And you, you are using my memories as a child soldier to manipulate him. I want to avoid the wars as much as possible and you? You want to create a war?”- The Great Sage summoned another sword and cut down my goddess.

Don’t worry about her, she is still alive, I only destroyed an illusion of her that she used to enter your mind. I already showed you everything, it’s your choice. I will let you more time with your memories and then you make a choice”- The Great Sage left shortly after and I returned to my memories.

0