The Previous Monster War 2 – Before the War Arc (13)
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Going back into my memories I don’t know what to expect. I don’t trust that fox one bit, whatever she wants I know it’s a lie, the goddess we all worship is just and pure, she could never tell a lie, she always loved humans, and she always wanted us to thrive and prosper.

Enough of that, now I am back in the academy for Holy Knights, such fond memories I have from here.

I am in class again, we were learning about monsters again.

The first lesson about monsters. Most of these creatures can speak but lack sentience. They act and kill on instinct. Can any of you tell me why they are dangerous”- The teacher stood in front of the class, pointing at big drawings of different monster species that live in this world.

One person raised their hand first before I could do anything, back then I was still young but these lessons are with me everywhere I go and sea monsters.

Unlike other animals, monsters don’t feel fear and that is what results in them attacking humans, another observation is that some monsters are capable of speech but they only use it to deceive humans”- That person who spoke was Durgesh, the person that I was going to be in a team with and one of my closest friends.

Good, I think the rest of you know about the dangers!”

Something strange is happening, the memory keeps fading in and out as the instructor speaks and there appear to be some cracks when I look around, after 10 or so seconds the memory changes into a new memory, this time, it’s one that I dread remembering.

The day I first fought in a real war, long before the wannabe Demon Lord Hikaru and Hana came around 20 years before that.

The first day on the battlefield, it had rained the previous day, and we were preparing to attack the monster camp and kill the demon generals that were there, clearing this camp could help us take the land back from them that they stole from the previous king, the area was close to us but still on the other side of the globe, this is how other welders refer to this location anyway, it’s name is Nanao Megapolis, a huge underground city that connects 3-4 other big cities into one, the area is starting to look more like a desert than a mega city.

Soldiers, charge!”- The memory fast-forwarded to the point where we were prepared to attack the camp.

The commander signaled us to rush in, I was in the back but those who rushed in first were the unfortunate ones, they fell into pitfall traps set up by the monsters, and this woke them up. On a watch tower there was a demon woman, she woke up and looked in horror at the impaled soldier from outside. No, this isn’t what happened, why is it like this? Who is tampering with my memory?

!I am not tampering with your memory Camon, a person like me will never do this. That goddess you worship altered your memories, but I doubt you will believe me!- The Great Sage spoke to me again. Her voice was soft and understanding, I don’t know who to believe anymore.

Those traps were set there for protection, we do that too, but I can’t forget about the lives lost.

Careful for the traps!”- I yelled, the soldiers took a step back. Someone with the skill to search for traps and disarm them made way for us to advance.

In the camp there were around 200 soldiers from the monster side, all of them looked tense, and I was tense as well.

Retreat now, we (don’t) want to take any lives”- What is happening, again? Who is distorting my memories?

!That sly fox is tempering with your memories me sweet child, don’t let her words fool you!- My goddess spoke to me again, her voice soothing and calming

!That obnoxious self-obsessed moronic goddess is tampering with your memories, I can provide proof. I can let you have a look at where she stands and what she does, a direct look into her mind!- The Great-Stage’s voice is also calming but she sounds more emotionless, it’s like she is tired of living.

It doesn’t matter, I am loyal to one god, and that is her, my goddess”- I must remain loyal, she blessed our people for a long time, and my loyalty is the least I can give her.

!Suit yourself!

!Camon, I knew you were going to remain loyal to me. You are a good child. When you win the war I will reward the kingdom and all of your soldiers with whatever they wish!

The memory continues, rushing into the camp we proceeded to fight with the monster soldiers. We fought with bravery, but from 500 people, only 2 remained, me and Durgesh, even our commander was killed. We only managed to kill about 150 of them.

The rest of the monsters fled, and we tried to hunt them down as much as we could.

From a distant place in the camp, we heard a cry. Durgesh and I approached the place we heard the cry from, we were expecting the worst, but we found something peculiar, that demon woman who woke up the camp and a little girl, she looked human, almost, she was a demon from this clan. With 1 quick slash to the chest, Durgesh killed the demon woman, and the little girl started to cry even louder. Duegesh tried to slash the little girl as well, but something stopped him.

!I am gonna talk more, but I was the one that stopped your friend from killing your daughter, I did you a service and told a fake story about Alma and her mother, you raised a demon child Camon, I even hid it from your goddess, I know you love Alma, so why war against Hikaru and Hana, I know you dread casualties and people getting killed, so why? I want to hear it from you.!

Great Sage, I have no response, but, thank you for that. I am still loyal to my goddess but my opinion of you is starting to change. When I am on the royal throne I have to be ruthless and show no mercy, I have to follow the rules. I have to do these things”- What was this just now? Was it regret? No, nothing is interfering with me now, the Great Sage isn’t, so why do I still feel hate for monsters despite the fact my daughter is a demon,? Who is instilling in me that hatred?

!Don’t think too much about it Camon, the fox is lying to you, your daughter is human, and she wears cosmetic horns as a fashion trend!

I had enough. Both of you, let me make my own choice!”

!As you wish!

!I hope you will make the right choice, my dear Camon!

0