Mundane Life
1.2k 8 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I am... Wait, what is that?
"sssssssssss"- I can hear a voice, but I don't know where it is coming from. Anyway, I am Hika.....
"Are you listening?"- I can hear another voice
"Hikaru"- Yeah, that's my name, who calls it? With my remaining strength I got up from my chair and looked around the class, I know I had taken my meds, did someone just call my name?
A wave of tiredness washed over me, I can't do too much when I am on my meds, and the dosage is higher and higher, same with the side effects.
No one, I guess it wasn't real then, better get back to sleeping before... Is someone touching me? Wait, I can feel someone pushing me from behind.
"Hikaru!"- I turned to see the teacher of my current class, wait what class is it again? Anyway, I am failing this class like the others
"Yes"- I don't know what to do here.
"Hikaru, are you listening?"- The teacher is talking, I can't move my arms, must be a side effect of the meds.
"Yes"- That's all I could mutter before falling asleep.
"Incredible, not again!"- The teacher is screaming at me, I can only hear her screams before falling asleep. I can't help things like these, I want knowledge, I want to know everything that there is but I can't do much now
The bell that announced the break woke me up from my slumber. I went to my locker and looked at it. I need to take another dose.
"Are you sure about all of that?"- I can see a person, someone from the school staff standing there
"Why would you care?"- I looked at them in contempt. I always put up a front to deceive people and not let them catch on to what is happening
"I do care."- The man put me down on the floor and began to strangle me, what the hell!
I managed to punch him off me.
I can hear whispers from all over, what is happening? Am I hallucinating again?
I look behind me to see Hana, my deskmate
"Looks like I have to move the date, and the date is now"
"Hikaru, are you ok, date of what?"- Hana, my deskmate, she knows my situation better than anyone. She looked at me with concern
"No, everything is not ok. I just want out. I have been planning this for a while. They are getting out of control. I hallucinated someone strangling me. I can't let my mind deteriorate at this rate"- I ran away from Hana, I ran to the rooftop.
The rooftop isn't closed off yet, we had a few students commit suicide a few years ago, suicide takes place here every year and it looks like I am going to be the next lucky person in that line, I had planned this for months, it's not my first trying, all of my other 4 attempts Hana saved, I ended in a hospital and a psychiatric ward every time for a few weeks or months at a time. A fall from a great height should do it this time, I am sure. I don't want to drag anyone else into this, I am afraid Hana will do something stupid like follow me. She is my deskmate but we grew up like we were siblings, her parents were good friends with mine and let her stay at our place often.
"Hikaru, stop!"- Hana is running towards me, but I am faster than her
I climbed over the fence and plunged down and closed my eyes.
"Don't. This is the 5th time. Isn't there anything that can be done"- Hana caught me as I was about to plunge down, I saw my hand holding onto hers, was I scared? No, get a grip on yourself Hikaru, and let go. 
"No, I am afraid not. Trust me I tried everything"- I let go of her hand she leaned in more to catch me but she slipped and 2 of us fell to our deaths
It took us a few minutes to die but it happened in the end, the momentary anguish we felt will be nothing, everything faded to black. My last thought on this, well I dragged Hana onto this, I hope she survives, she is a person who genuinely likes life, well, I guess it won't matter if she is dead, we will both be corpses, can't do or feel anything.......
!Notice: Preparing the body for reincarnation.Complete!
I look around me to see an empty void, why can I still see, is it one of those visions before death?
"Welcome you 2. I am sorry for the fate that you 2 suffered"- I can hear a gentle voice speaking. What does she mean by you 2, Hana died as well.
"Hikaru, what in the hell were you thinking on that roof, throwing yourself off!"- I can hear Hana's voice near me, looking to my left she is there.
"Just give me a break, I am tired of everything in life. I don't want to live anymore, I genuinely wanted to die that's why I threw myself off the roof. It's not your fault."- I stood up in this void-like dimension.
"Don't worry you 2. I forgot to mention that your whole class was summoned to another world alongside you 2. Well it's special since you 2 are reincarnations, you will have a random race and 2 skills of your choosing, then 3 random skills, 1 of them is a guarantee to be a primordial tier skill"- So we are going to another world, fuck! I didn't kill myself just to get to live again!
"Thank you for another chance at life, whoever might you be"- Wait, Hana is thanking them?
Everything turned white and now we are in a palace
#Primordial Skills gained: Lord of Wisdom Sia, The Lord of Deceit and Lies Lucifer#
#Skills gained: Shadow Magic: Shadow Hand; Shadow Magic: Shadow Tendril; Ice Magic: Ice Master#
It's as the goddess said, we gained a few new skills, but where did the 2 primordial skills come from, weren't we supposed to choose them skills?
!Negative Hikaru, these skills represent your desires. I was born from your desire to know everything that there is to know and I know everything that there is to know. The Lord of Deceit and Lies Lucifer skill came from your constant deceit of other people from your real problem and condition!
So this is Sia Lord of Wisdom, so it's like a best friend that is 24/7 in my head
I checked my status to see everything about me.
*Status: Reincarnated
Race: Shadow-Ice Demon
Evolution: Lesser Demon
Next Evolution: Demon
Evolution Line(Granted by Lord Sia): Lesser Demon-Demon(20)-Greater Demon(40)-Arch Demon(60)-Demon Peer(80)-Devil(100)-Arch Devil(150)-Devil Peer(200)-Devil Lord(Demon Lord Evolution via the Demon Lord Seed while reaching the last evolution step)
Evolution Requirements: Reach Level 20
Skills: Shadow Hand, Shadow Tendril, Ice Magic Mastery, Lord Of Wisdom Sia, Lord of Deceit and Lies Lucifer
Items: Ice Sword, Shadow Sword
Class: Shadow Mage
Level: 1
Hp: 1500
Attack: 30
Defense: 40
Agility: 60
Mana: 6000
Intelligence: Lord of Wisdom Sia
Disguise: Lord of Deceit and Lies Lucifer*
I looked to my left to see Hana, she is looking differently, she has 2 small horns on her head now, and she is looking at her status.
"Sia, appraisal"
*Status: Reincarnated
Race: Orc
Evolution: Orc
Next Evolution: Greater Orc
Evolution Line(Granted by Lord Sia): Orc-Greater Orc(15)-Arch Orc(30)-Orc Lord(45)-Ogre(90)-Greater Ogre(120)-Arch Ogre(160)-Ogre Lord(200)-Kijin(220)-Greater Kijin(240)-Oni(300)-Greater Oni(340)-Oni Lord(380)- Divine Oni/Cursed Oni/Yin-Yang Oni(Demon Lord Evolution via the Demon Lord Seed while reaching the last evolution step. Divine or cursed Oni evolution depends on which skill they obtain, if they obtain Holy Light they will evolve into a Divine Oni, if they obtain Cursed Flames skill they will evolve into a Cursed Oni, if they have both skills they will evolve into a Ying-Yang Oni)
Evolution Requirements: Reach Level 15
Skills: Flame Burst, Shadow Movement, Great Sage, Lord of Beauty Aphrodite, Lord of Compassion Afriel
Items: Flame grenades.
Class: Mage
Level: 1
Hp: 2000
Attack: 25
Defense: 60
Agility: 40
Mana: 1500
Intelligence: 100*
It looks like she has a lot of evolution lines, more than I do in fact.
"Where the hell are we? Looks like another world"- Hana seems scared and excited at the same time.
"Well, looks like it."- I look around me to see my classmates looking at us weird
I guess we are monsters now. Are our features visible?
!Affirmative!
"What happened to you 2?"- One of the class's top students asked us
"Well, we don't know too much, we are just as clueless as you are"
I use appraisal on the top student, he is a Hero class, strange, his status is stated as 'Transfer'. Both me and Hana are Mages but almost everyone in my class is either a Hero or Sage.
!Demons or other monsters can't have the Hero status, the only equivalent will be the Demon Lord evolution for every race!
"Welcome Heroes. We summoned you to the country of Wieka. You will have an audience with the king at once! "- A old man spoke to us
"Hikaru, this is bad!"- A colleague of mine, named Masmune talked from behind me, he put his left hand on my shoulder and looked around the room
"I know all of you are confused but this is important for this nation, all of you will be compensated, first you will need to have an audience with the king to receive it. We can wait here for a few minutes if you like"- The old man spoke to us again, he looked at me and Hana with hatred in his eyes, he looked ready to kill us
"You are right. I don't know what to do now"- I whispered to Masamune.
"I forgot to introduce myself, I am Lord Garoda. Nice to meet you all"- He looked at everyone and when his gaze landed on us his eyes changed, they looked filled with hatred.
"And who might the 2 of you be? Are you sure you were summoned here?"- He walked up to us
"Well, on our status, it writes reincarnations, but nothing more"- Lord Garoda put his hand on his chin. He seems to think for a moment
"Well, it is true, I used appraisal on the 2 of you. But I don't think the king will be happy with having to deal with 2 monsters. That aside, 30 minutes break to do what you want. Then you will have an audience with the king, don't even think of running"- He waved his hand sin the air, and all of the guards that are near us moved closer to us, 4-6 guards were near us, and they had come looking like they were made especially to guard us.
After 30 minutes Lord Garoda came back, most of my classmates were still confused, they didn't care, Garoda didn't care about us, he just guided us to a large room where supposedly the king resides in.
The audience with the king has gone well with everyone but us
"I am Masamune, a Sage class with the skill Analyst"- Masamune kneeled in front of the king
"I am Hanako and received the skill execution"- Another classmate, Hanako kneeled before the king, from their movement, I can make out that they are scared of him, and so are we, but we won't let our fear show
"You 2, present yourselves"- The king pointed towards the 2 of us.
"We are, Hikaru Tanaka and Hana Tomura at your service!"- The 2 of us kneeled in front of the king, big mistake.
"Those horns!"- He paused for a second
"You dare to summon wretched monsters such as an Orc and Demon here? Garoda!!! You have some explaining to do. But first, execute them at once! We can't allow them to live"- Fuck, we are done for
"But sire, we can be useful to your country as well!"- Hana tried to convince the king. This was her best act
The king got up from his throne, walked up to Hana, and grabbed her by her neck, he threw her against the ground with incredible force
"No!"- Some of my classmates shouted
He wanted to do the same with me but I managed to catch his hand before that.
"Don't you dare hurt Hana"- Hana is on the ground looking weak and almost dead
He looked at me, with a quick hand movement he slammed his fist against my head. I collapsed to the ground due to the pain. Hana is looking at me, reaching her hand out.
"Sire, hear us out, don't kill them, just kick them out. We have been friends for a long time, forgive his insolence and do that, please, spare them!"- Masamune pleaded to the king, he is standing on his knees.
"Yeah, what's your problem? They didn't do anything to you, you attacked them first!"- Other classmates shouted at the king
"We won't work for you if you treat them like that. If you don't want them at least kick them out and give them some money until they can get established!"- Half of my class protested.
"Too bad. Heroes, I accept your bargain. All of you are needed to fight in the war we are waging against the demon and orc race. Since you are important assets to the country I will listen to this one request that you have!"- He looked at us, again. I helped Hana to get up from the ground, she could still walk but had a sprained hand.
"Now, you 2. Wrecthed monsters, go. I don't want to see any of you ever again, don't come near the castle again, you are not welcome here!"
Me and Hana left the castle, Hana was slower due to her injuries. Our appearance is still human so I don't see why the king will discriminate against us for just having monster features, but Masume and the rest of the class saved us.
Once we exited the palace we ran into a forest located near it.
"What are we going to do now Hikaru? We are alone in a world we don't know too much about."- Hana started to look around, trying to find anything that could help
"Don't worry, I have a Primordial skill that grants me all knowledge of this world. First, we need to raise our level through battle, we have to find some weak monsters to use our skills on and then if you level up to level 15 and I level up to level 20 we will both evolve."
"Is it true?"- She looked at me with renewed hope. I am glad that I have Sia, I would have been clueless as to what to do. Hana is still pretty beat up from what happened, but we have to keep moving
"Yes. We need to be careful tho. We are still level 1 and monsters might be even higher level than what we currently are."- I can hear shuffling near us, this is no good, monsters might be attacking us already
*Use skills: Shadow Hand, Shadow Tendril*
I know these skills can help me, the information about shadow magic was transferred to my head the moment I learned this skill, the magic itself is invisible to everyone but the caster or to a person that has the high-level Shadow Sense skill.
As expected a wolf jumped us. I quickly impaled it with my shadow Tendrils to impale and kill it
$Gained 100exp$
!You and Hana had reached level 2!
!Answer: Since the 2 of you are nearby you received equal amounts of exp points, plus you already formed a party from the moment you exited the castle.!
Sia answered my question even before asking it.
"Thanks"- I thanked them in my mind.
"See, there is nothing to worry about, once we get to evolve once we will be stronger. Hana, please, you will have to fight as well in this battle against the king. If we are treated like this, then they surely won't treat other people well."- I helped Hana to stand up.
"Well, you are right Hikaru. We need to do something about this as soon as possible"- Me and Hana wandered deeper into the forest.
At night:
It's night we stopped and I gathered some sticks and dead wood.
Hana ignited the wood with her fire magic. At least this will keep us warm.
"I am standing first guard, after a few hours it will be my turn to rest, we have a long journey ahead of us"
Deep in the night, we were attacked by some wolves, I defeated them and gathered some meat from them. I cooked it over the fire after Sia gave me the go-to about eating the meat.
"What happened?"- Hana woke up for her guard shift, or the smell of meat woke her up.
"Well, some wolves tried to attack me so I dealt with them. I analyzed the meat and it's ok to eat for us. Monsters are immune to diseases that humans suffer from so we can eat infected meat all we want. Half is for you"- The 2 of us ate the wolf meat that I cooked, well mostly roasted, it didn't taste good or anything but at least it was something.
1 week later:
After 1 week of surviving off of roasted wolf meat, plants, and river water we found a small abandoned hut. We were well enough rested and I am almost level 20 and Hana is almost level 15. I discovered from Sia that Demons gain exp faster than any other monster and have fewer evolutions but Orcs and their evolutions gain exp slower but they can evolve more times than most monsters.
"Look there Hiraku. We can finally have a proper rest"- Hana ran in the direction of the hut but I stopped her in time
"It might be a trap for all that we know. We must not hurry in there."- I use my shadow tendrils to enter the house and trigger any magic traps that there will be.
"Ok, it's safe to enter Hana"- I entered first into the house to check again, I have higher Defense than Hana so I should be ok with a few hits.
The house seems to be furnished and good for 2 people, but the bed looks worse than I imagined, we can patch it up with a few wolf skins we gathered this week.
"Looks like we can fix this place up with a few wolf pelts"- Hana entered the house, looked around, and began cleaning, I helped her out, it took us an entire day to clean everything, we still had leftover meat and we ate that and fell asleep
The next day:
We woke up early in the morning, I started by gathering some herbs from around the house, we ran out of meat. I had gone hunting and found some male deer, good that should so it with our food situation.
I used my shadow hand to pierce into the deer and stop its heart little by little, making it faint and killing it when it got unconscious. I didn't even intend to live like this or live in the first place.
I gutted the deer with my shadow tendrils and returned the meat to Hana. I used some of the herbs we had been eating as seasoning and also foraged for some wild vegetables, it was a hassle but finally found some. The house had a stove and some pan that we used to cook the meat, no oil tho and so we used water, the meat was more boiled than fried but I guess it would have been worse with no food at all.
What else will life bring us? I feel like this week I didn't even have time to take a break, everything so fast I can't even remember one thing, but the one thing that I observed is that I was cured of my condition in this world.
"Hikaru, let's reinforce this first, you can help me with your shadow Tendrils, maybe you can use Sia to make some tools and nails for us?"- Hana smiled at me.
 
24