One Prediction, Two Generals
84 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With that, I traced my eyes down the parchment and read.

...

MONTH OF HARMONY : FIRST, 876

In shadows deep, a tale unfolds, A villain's path, where fate beholds,

Gluttony's grip, a hunger untamed, A journey of misfortune, darkness claimed.

MONTH OF NO GODS : TENTH, 875

Ten Shadows' disaster, a tempest's roar, The villain's heart, a shattered core,

Fujiwara's legacy, a noble's might, In destiny's cards, their threads unite.

MONTH OF CULTURE : SEVENTH, 865

Foretold man in Tang's distant land, Holds the key to fate's gentle hand,

To avert the storm, the villain must roam, Seek wisdom's solace, far from home.

MONTH OF RENEWAL : THIRD, 865

Through danger's gauntlet, the villain strides, To mend the wrongs, where destiny guides,

Destiny's prophecy, a beacon to see, A chance for redemption, to set one free.

...

"So, two sections are dedicated for March and July. The other two are in over a decade! Damn, what a long-reaching fortune cookie." I say to myself.

Tamaki just cluelessly looks at me like a lost puppy.

So, since I know it's already the third month of the year, I can assume the fourth prediction has already come true. In fact, it seems to mean that I will get my future told and follow destiny's guide for a chance at a better future. Does this mean I should follow the fortune? Will something terrible happen if I don't?

The third prediction happening in four months obviously is talking about the Tang Dynasty in China and how someone there holds the key to my fate. Although it sounds strange for a prediction, I feel it is not coincidental that I just finished learning Chinese and have received this kind of fated destination.

"I must 'seek wisdom's solace, far from home' to avert the storm? But the even crazier thing is the next prediction." I look down and reread the section.

MONTH OF NO GODS : TENTH, 875

Ten Shadows' disaster, a tempest's roar, The villain's heart, a shattered core,

Fujiwara's legacy, a noble's might, In destiny's cards, their threads unite.

This is too ambiguous, especially considering it happens a decade later. It could refer to me or that other Ten Shadows brat who is looking for revenge. If this is referring to me, it means I will most likely die or 'shatter.'

That is something I cannot let happen. Never ever! I will live forever...

MONTH OF HARMONY : FIRST, 876

In shadows deep, a tale unfolds, A villain's path, where fate beholds,

Gluttony's grip, a hunger untamed, A journey of misfortune, darkness claimed.

This is the first prediction that I analyze, "Does this mean I die? That's... not possible. Was I too greedy and eventually die a few months after the second prediction? That must mean I have to go to China to find the 'foretold man.'"

But I shouldn't be too fast. The reason I came to the Nakatomi in the first place was for the prediction and the Followers. If I follow the prediction, the destined person I am supposed to meet should still be there in three months, giving me plenty of time to reach the next level.

The only way to deal with the future is to function efficiently in the now. I shouldn't fall into the trap of letting the future force me into actions I wouldn't normally take, just because they seem to be a way of avoiding death. Instead, I should avoid the sharp edges of the future and walk down the path I normally take.

Although the future is bleak, I am still myself. I can predict my future actions and plan accordingly for the best outcomes. My goal hasn't changed, only the stakes have risen. Hehe.

"Wow. The future really is strange to hear when it involves yourself. Tamaki, you are a real lifesaver! Thanks."

I pat Tamaki on the head and give her a kiss on the cheek before standing up and leaving. I say thanks as I see her slightly blushing on the floor.

...

Walking onto a small wooden platform, I overlook my three hundred Followers with Gorudo behind me. His sword was sheathed and he stood straight like a pole. We were inside the garden area of the clan.

Among my Followers were two hundred of the close servants of the Nakatomi Clan.

[Cult: Yama's Court, Level: 2, Marks: 200, Followers: 343, Faith: 942160]

I created two hundred Faith Marks in my mind using two thousand Faith. Once they were created, I looked at the sea of people and smirked.

"Everyone, thank you for coming! Please find someone as a partner of this activity I've gathered you for! They must have a pouch in their hands! Do not worry, there is enough for everyone!" I announce to the crowd.

Within a couple minutes, they all group into pairs, with over a hundred leftover Followers without a servant partner.

- 715 Faith

I gave a discreet order in my head, "All 143 of you without a servant should return to your camps and preserve the pouch I gave you."

Also, I gave a signal to Gorudo to get ready for my speech.

Everyone looks lost at what I did, so I gathered their attention once more, "Thank you for your cooperation! Now, please reach into the pouch and pick up what's inside! Make sure not to drop it!"

Waiting, I observed everyone pull something long and slightly shriveled from the pouches. It was none other than a finger belonging to the fantastic Gabimaru.

Some started to realize what it was that they were holding.

I hurried, "The final step in this activity is to think about me deep inside your minds! Please do not hold back! As a merciful god, I won't judge. Feel free to eat the finger, but there's no need to. Of course, those who show more loyalty will be rewarded a place in nirvana!"

Many eyebrows were raised at me, and others just looked disgusted with what I said.

Not feeling like wasting time, I looked at Gorudo who instantly understood what to do.

"Eat it! If not, pray to Sagiri-san with absolute devotion. He is our savior! Do not refuse or you will be branded an enemy of my Nakatomi Clan! You have no choice! Don't even think of escaping!"

Some looked at him like he was ridiculous, considering their long friendship. However, most were sweating while wondering if he was joking.

But one look at his serious glare made them shut up their thoughts.

They looked back at the finger and stuffed it in their mouths before swallowing. It was gross and something not worth savoring. Once a few started, all of them followed suit.

I spent a moment to observe as they all finished eating it and smiled to myself.

Every single person ate it. Such devout people are now my Followers. I underestimated how much people value their lives and fear their leaders.

Hehehe, now I've undermined the Nakatomi Clan's people. There is nothing that can threaten my decisions around here. I won't even let any information leak. Everything will be on lockdown unless new Followers show up. I have already reached over 50% of my goal!

[Cult: Yama's Court, Level: 2, Marks: 0, Followers: 543, Faith: 941445]

...

...

???

"How strange. That man up on the podium looks strikingly like Sagiri-san from many years ago. But that should be impossible, considering what happened." I say to myself while overlooking the event from a tall tree.

This viewing spot was dozens of kilometers away, but Arthropleura allows me to see with enhanced vision. Behind me, the giant millipede was sharing its vision with me. It only grew bigger, being over four meters long now.

I change my focus back to the crowd of the Nakatomi Clan servants and see that they don't look any different after eating something from a bag.

"What are ya doin' in the trees? Ah, Master's accent is still hard to copy. Anyways! Stalking Master is something only I am allowed to do. What do you have to say for yourself?" A foreign voice calls out to me.

Looking down, I see a woman in bizarre clothing and hair. With one look, I could tell she wasn't normal, and decided to jump down with a friendly greeting.

"Apologies for any misunderstandings. I was just asked to scout the area and happened to enjoy the view. Please don't mind me." I smile and start walking away.

However, once I took a step, I felt a massive blunt force slam into my waist.

My body reacted to balance itself, but I still ended up falling away while sliding on the dirt.

I looked back at my waist and saw a small segment of Arthropleura blocking my waist at the last second, saving any bones from breaking.

"Surprised you survived that. Didn't expect you to be so strong."

The woman says to me, to which I respond, "I can say the same for you. That was a dangerous punch for a woman."

"For a woman? Well, this time I'll aim for your balls. Try blocking it!"

Dashing forward, she crouches low and sends an uppercut.

It happened in just a couple of seconds, so I could only rely on Arthropleura to protect my body.

She sends her fist up from below my private area but notices my shikigami and instead grabs my leg.

She smirks and clenches my thigh, "Gateway input 20%."

"AH!"

Burns spread all over as her hand glowed blue. Her fingertips were digging through my flesh!

Arthropleura tried to slap her head with its body, but she took the hit without faltering.

Blood trailed down my leg and her head, making me wonder if she could take another hit so effortlessly.

"Arthropleura! Attack this woman's head!"

Without hesitation, Arthropleura dripped poisons from its mouth and was about to bite her, but something unexpected happened. 

She let go and backed away.

Her arms were still glowing, but she began talking, "How about that? Some giant snake or somethin'? Well, the accent still isn't good enough. Well, I've already won this. But I wonder what force you're from based on that uniform. Tachibana? No! It's gotta be Sun, Moon, and Stars Squad. Those little brats are just some underlings trying to mess with the superiors of their superiors? Well, I am pretty new to my position."

My bleeding slows, so I use this conversation to wait for it to completely stop.

"Yes, you are right. Although I don't want to fight, please know that I will stop holding back if you refuse to explain yourself. My clan, the Fujiwara, has forces beyond your imagination. We are known as the golden clan by many and have forces that can fight many Special Grade Sorcerers easily."

"Hahaha, well, okay. My name is Livia. Please go ahead and tell me about these forces, which are as strong as you say."

I smile and think about this woman's ignorance. Livia, was it? Once I return to the clan, my subordinates will make you their plaything.

"Of course, Livia-san. My squad is the peak of strength, but we still have guardians stronger than us. Unknown to many, our Fujiwara Clan has a branch force called the Five Empty Generals. They have approved of my mission and are nearby watching me. If I take too long to report my whereabouts, they will come and kill you." I say to her with an intimidating voice.

Truthfully, I was lying to save any trouble from this ending badly. Intimidation was the easiest way to force someone to surrender.

"Hahaha! My god! This is the best! Hahaha!" Surprisingly, she breaks into laughter and points to herself.

Then, she says, "You stupid little shit. Your ignorance is truly bliss. Do you even know the bullshit your spouting? The Five Empty Generals symbolize one aspect of reality that humans can never truly control: Luck, Death, Minds, Space, and Time. While some of us are unknown or don't often follow orders, the Fujiwara Clan leader is our biggest supporter of us. That's why we remain anonymous."

"...W-W-We?" I take a step.

My vision starts to swirl. Everything looks green, I feel sick.

I start to feel my body is weaker than normal. What happened? When did she attack me? Poison? No. Wait! I know, it was...

"Hehehe, my fingers were absorbing your blood into my Gateway. Why else would I aim for someone's leg? Without the blood you lost, your body becomes anemic. Try dodging this attack. Guess how I'll kill you. I'll give you a hint, it involves a Gateway and your neck!" She smirks and begins to glow.

Her hair changes to a deeper blue and patterns glow on her arm.

She creates a grabbing motion from a hand sign and says, "Lapse: Gateway, output 100%!"

A sword appears from a strange distortion and fires at me!

I saw my life flash before my eyes as the blade moves at an unthinkable speed right under my eyes.

Closing my eyes, I think it's all over, but something else happens.

A small breeze makes me open my eyes and see a figure who blocked the attack. 

With gray hair and strange marks around his mouth, a man stood holding a gargantuan shield that blocked the sword. I also noticed another man who was releasing a large amount of cursed energy. He was bald and had brown eyes.

My body trembled slightly, with my knees shaking.

I forced something out to the people who saved me.

"Thank you, saviors. I appreciate your help in this matter. May I know your names?" I ask with a humble tone.

They just ignore me and talk to the woman, "Livia, you bitch! Killing anyone from the Fujiwara, whether it's a pig, slave, or pawn, is a crime! How dare you even think of doing something like this after becoming a General recently?"

The bald man said this with a furious tone.

"Ha, I was just bored after watching some bastard give a boring speech. Anyway baldy, if I wanted to kill a pig, what could you even do about it, bitch? Your innate technique is only useful for training yourself and improving a teammates reacti-... Oh... I didn't see General Inumaki under his giant shield. Uh, hey. I just remember an important mission I had to do."

The female Empty General just took a step back and walked away.

However, the man with mouth tattoos spoke with intense declaration, "Don't move! Moving is impossible! Stay frozen!"

With that, she froze in place, even I myself couldn't move for a few moments, despite being so far away.

However, the woman's finger could still twitch slightly, and all she did was complain, "Ah, fuck! I just had to find you two of all people around here. I guess that little snake brat was right about having Generals in the area protecting him."

What? I was making that story up. Why would the Empty Generals ever protect someone as lowly as me? Are the heavens blessing me? Has my luck for ten years really come to use at this moment?

I decided to jump back and use Arthropleura to spectate the situation. Even as a Special Grade, I stood no chance. The difference between Special Grades could be as short as grass or as immense as the heavens and earth. I stood no chance and could only watch using Arthropleura's senses.

The baldy walks over and smiles, "Livia, you are still just a brat with braids. I am your senior, your master! Prepare yourself for the wors-"

Before he could finish, a punch landed on his jaw. Not only that, but the attack flashed black lightning in every direction. Reality itself distorted... It was Black Flash!

That was the familiar uppercut which came at me before.

General Livia was no longer standing still and had cursed energy flowing around her fists.

She spit on the ground and responded, "You aren't my master. Only Master is my master. Some baldy like you can only sweep floors and fetch grapes."

Veins pulsated around the bald man's head, "Grrrrr~, we all serve the same master anyway! There's no need to be so wild as a junior. General Seijuro, please use Cursed Speech."

The man with mouth tattoos nodded and was about to speak, when General Livia dashed forward and began to glow. She reached her arm out as a strange force surrounded the area around it.

"Gateway, input 100%!" She aimed for his throat, but missed.

Instead, she only managed to touch a piece of his chest, leaving all his skin exposed. Parts of his flesh and skin was missing, but he seemed unfazed. Actually, he was surprised, but more by the fact that by missing, General Livia fell into a mud puddle on the ground.

She stood up and pouted, "Now I'll look bad for him. Dammit. It's all your fault! I'll kill you and have Li Wei Jie turn you into jiangshi after killing you! Even I know that every General can ask for Li Wei Jie to make something, so I'll turn you into dolls to fetch grapes clean manure!"

Strange colors distorted around her fists while energy erupted around her.

"You think Li Wei Jie cares about you or anyone? Even master Yoshifusa barely knows where he is. He doesn't even do missions, yet you believe he will help a junior like yourself? Heh, I heard rumors of him finding another master in China to serve. Let's see how you defeat us, let alone get help from Li Wei Jie. Prime Time will be multiplying General Inumaki's time to react by 10 times."

"Ready! Huh?" General Inumaki said as he saw a new figure appear from the bushes.

The figure had black bangs and a strong stature. His face was kind and he was holding a bright red apple.

"Hey everyone! How are you guys? Oh, I didn't notice that... Guys, fighting isn't good. We should shake hands and be friends since we are comrades." The new voice calls out.

Arthropleura turns its body and sees the man with a gentle expression and black coat. He had a friendly smiles which seemed very inviting, but on his sleeve were the words, General of Luck!

 

Pin on Jujutsu Kaisen

 

2