Chapter 2 The strange object
6 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up again with an awful headache..

I looked at the ankle monitor 

"Looking at this thing makes me more and more angry"

"But there's nothing I could do about this shit"

I decided to just leave it all be and go back to watching the musical.

Even if I can't see my mother again in real life, in the old musicals she performed in, she always looked as beautiful as in the family photos.

She had long beautiful black hair and small shining blue eyes with a cute pointy nose. She was tall and slender,the same height as my father who was 6ft tall.

She had always been regarded as the angel of broadway.

It was because of her that we decided to move to New York from Korea.

Though that isn't a bad thing because both my mom and dad managed to make their career bloom here.

But it's also the place where they died.

Tired from all of my problems, I decided to get some shut in, only to find out I couldn't even sleep due to losing my sweet pillow Muffins..

I'll get him back…,only after all my problems reside into the background and I don't have to worry about them anymore, this way when I get my muffin back he can be treated with luxury and the same thing doesn't happen again 

Now that I think about it, did that burglar find out where the secret room in the kitchen was?

They seemed to have made the kitchen a complete mess despite knowing jewelry wouldn't be in the kitchen.

It's almost like they knew something and were looking for it.

They even seem to have been in a hurry.

Last time I took rounds around the house,I didn't stop to actually inspect the kitchen because I thought that place is nowhere to look when you break into a house and are looking to steal rich things. 

But now,it's really suspicious how the kitchen was more ruined  than the other rooms.

And I didn't look into it last time but this burglar seemed to only have taken red jewelry

I thought they might just like the color red or they really loved the Ruby gemstone

But now it seemed it was neither of those 

"I should check again..,this time more closely"

I went back down stairs and picked up my baseball bat again.

I walked towards the kitchen,passing by all of the broken glass and cooking materials.

I bend down to take a close look at all the broken things

I accidentally cut my hand while trying to get past all the broken glass.

I quickly stood up and held the cut on my finger with my other hand.

"Oww,I'll come back to take a closer look with gloves next time"

I went to the table and picked up one of the chairs.

I put the chair in front of the cabinets and stand on it to get to the top cabinet.

I pulled the cabinets handle,it was a lot heavier than normal cabinet handles.

For a cabinet, the other side of this one was wide and open,to the point of a big human male being able to easily fit.

And right behind this wide space is the secret room.

I got down on the other side,and looked around the piles of antiques.

Making sure nothing was stolen.

As my eyes scanned the room,I caught something shimmering in the dark.

The object was a strange O shaped with a big number 17 marked on it.

I went up to it and out of curiosity touched it.

My blood dripped on the object due to the cut from the broken glass earlier.

A light came from the object

The shimmering light got bigger and completely engulfed me.

Memories that are not mine started going through my head and I was frozen in place.

The strange object started levitating towards me, it flew towards my head and transparent into my brain.

And at that moment,an indescribable pain shot through my whole body.

It felt like my organs were moving around,my brain felt like something was forcing itself inside it.

My limbs felt like they were separating from my body.

My whole body felt as if it was being rearranged..

I wanted to cry from the agony but my lips seemed like it was stitched together,

And the smallest movement will cause an unimaginable pain.

Only a few seconds passed but to me it felt like a century went by when i finally got control over my body again

The horrific pain still lingered all over my body and the strange object from before seemed to have settled in my brain.

My body,having been overworked from the pain,I passed out where I was standing.

the last thing I heard being..

System 17 download:65%...

68%...

70%...

1