The Begging After The Flame
43 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Ignited Flame

A My Hero Academia Fanfiction

Written By TheManiacWithaCrazyImagination

Chapter 1

No one would think after that fire that Touya Todoroki would survive. But here he was with burn marks all over his body, “still breathing huh”, he thought to himself. Well, that was a thought he would never think after he felt that pain. That burning sensation and the feeling that it would consume him until he was either gone or he controlled it.

Touya P.O.V

It felt more painful that my family might think I died and forgotten me. I know past actions might say different, but I love my family. Even though he held resentment to Shoto he was still his younger brother whom I still would protect with all my might when it came down to it. His brother Natsuo had held a hatred for our father because of the neglect and one-sided arguments when their mother would try to protect him from his training.

I then thought how mother would feel about this, how she must feel that she failed to protect me. Fuyumi must be so desperate for a normal family to just laugh with and a normal dad who would love us. And Father, I know better than anyone who he was before he turned his back on us. He was man who loved his family deeply, but his dream and pride and insecurities must have driven him overboard when we found out that I had a weak constitution.

I opened my eyes after considering this after a few moments. When I opened my eyes, I was expecting to see a forest fire or inside a casket, but a ceiling was not within expectations. Looking around I saw what looked to be a hospital room, I then heard the door open before seeing a man. He looked to be 178cm tall and with sunflower petals around his head. He was wearing a lab coat with a scrub inside with blue jeans and brown leather boots.

He looked at me and said,” oh, you’re awake.” He continued with,” I didn’t expect you to wake up so soon when we extracted you from that fire.” I nodded in understanding,” How long was I out of commission?” He thought about it for sec before replying with,” If my calculations are correct than it has been a total of 3 days.” I looked at him incredulously.

 

How can that be, the flames that was burning me should have killed me or at least take me out for at least 3 months how was that possible. Three days should be impossible, but again here he was awake and conscious,” So what going to happen to me now that I’m a burnt chicken nugget?” The man laughed and said,” Well when you get healed and you can operate properly with burned skin and broken tear glans than you’ll get to go out to society.”

 I thought about the possibility of going out starting fresh, but my mind was always wondering to my family. Even though we were a family born from a quirk marriage, we were also a family born out of love to. So, I’ll go back and check on them from time to time, and if things ever go to shit, I’ll step in.

General P.O.V

With that plan in for the next 4 months he went through physical therapy. He also trained with minimizing the damage done to his body and training his quirk to such mastery that he could reduce his blue flames into a semi-harmless blow torch. Then he met a peculiar fellow while training his quirk.

Touya P.O.V

While I was training, I saw a kid with short brown hair, hospital gowns, and yellow eyes. He was in a sitting position muttering something about it’s a disease, something around the lines of that. He looked a few years younger than me. He looks to be about 7 years old. I saw him then look up. He stared at me than the flames that I was producing. He then narrowed his eyes. He then stood up and walked towards me and said,” I see that you’re training with your disease.” I stood there dumbfounded at the kid’s statement. He must’ve had a bad life or a messed-up head to be thinking that quirks are diseases. I’m leaning into a bit of both, but I can see how people would think quirks were diseases.

We humans started out quirkless, we didn’t have any superpower or anything like that. If we fought, we honed our bodies and our combat skill rather than quirks. Unlike other animals we didn’t have speed, power, eyesight, or smell of superhumans like today. We had our intellect; we had our overwhelming intellect to outsmart our opponents. Then theses quirks came, and the illusion of heroes and villains came into the picture. It’s not all black and white as the press, media, and government would like you to think. There are all sorts of color’s, there are the people who fit in between society who are neither heroes nor villain. They actively fight crime at the source and are shunned for it. Then there are the Fake heroes. The ones who put a mask to hide their greed, and that save people only for the fame and recognition.

 

Then there are the heroes who’re mistaken for villains. Those who hide their good deeds behind a cruel mask, an agent for light hiding in the darkness. Then there are the villains who were cast out by society for their quirks and appearances. Those whose golden heart was pierced by the blade of discrimination and the greed of others. Then there are the true heroes and villains. Those who solely save or destroy. Those whose bodies move on their own to save. And those whose malicious intent was seeded from examples around them.

So, when I looked at the kid, whose eyes were looking at me with resentment and pity I realize he was none of those. He was one who thought that what they were doing was right even when the consequences were right in front of him. I know that if I do this, he will be mad but when he thinks about it on his own, I’m sure he’ll understand that it was for his well-being and the well-being of those around him.

So, I replied with,” Yes, I was training my, “disease”, what’s so wrong with that?” He narrowed his eyes at what I said and replied saying,” Everything,” he said with such venom and conviction in his voice. I chuckled at that and said,” you may think that what I’m doing is ridiculous and is an illusion of society,” I noticed that he stiffened at what I said.

He then went out of his shock and shouted,” Then why do you train it! Why do you constantly train that disease to its upmost perfection!” I heard years of isolation and ridicule in his voice. I knew that he was frustrated, and his emotions are haywire but, if he has these kinds of emotions than I know he can be redeemed.

 In the next set of moments, I walked up, reached my arms around him and hugged him. He stiffened in shock and just patted his back and whispered in his ear saying,” In this society when people are push to the point of no return,” I then released the hug and looked straight into his eyes and said,” It takes one act of true kindness to truly pull them out.” I smiled at him.

He then cried and hugged me back and said,” Thank you,” I hugged him back and said,” No problem, the names Touya, and you?” He chuckled and said,” It’s Kai.” With a wide smile on his face. I continued with,” nice to meet ya, you wanna be friends?” He nodded and we continued to talk and get to know each other for the rest of the days.

2