24. Her Thoughts
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A calm, soothing and warm fire waste is freefalling from the sky. A time-slow shooting stars.

A piece of those then about hit my open palm, or rather, I'm letting it touch me, not afraid of burning my own hand. But, if its burned, so bet it. A sense of guilt makes me do so. A sadness in my heart, makes my body trembles. Because of my relationship with that girl, the grief that I felt. It's immense.

Then, in an instant, I'm not at where I was supposed to be. I thought my eyes are deceiving me with this view. A full landscape of barren grass, flowing up and down like a wave of the sea. Though, the one that are dancing is not water, but the short cut of plain grass, tossed around by the strong – gentle breeze.

With the expanse wave of land, stand a single tree on top of a hill that also being blowen by the wind. It stands there, looking majestic as its the only one there. Under the shadow of that solitude tree, a silhouette waving their hands to me, asking me to go there. Not feeling much rather than curiosity, I step forward under the bright sky of stars, fixing my gaze towards that shadow.

Does not need long for my eyes to receive more lights coming from the sky and lighten up my sight. The silhouette becomes clear. A face that I remember. The one I just grief of letting go. I'm in shock. After all, we've just finish her passing ritual.

Hana Binatha, sits under the tree, above its roots while giving her smile at me.

"Hello, Chika."

I can't grasp my way of thinking. Do I believe this is real, even at all?

But, her voice sounds exactly like her. Her flow of hair. The slim body with a white dress covering it. Even her blue eyes, it all resembles Hana perfectly.

"Is that really you, Hana?"

She then answers, "Yes," with a quick reply, nonetheless. Though, I'm about to shed tears because of it.

What is this place? What is Hana doing here? How did I get here at all?

But my mind is filled with questions. I can't really calm myself down anymore.

"What is this place? Why are you here?" I asked.

"I don't know, too," she answers while she shook her head left and right. "... All I know this isn't the real world. Perhaps, an illusion. Perhaps, the 'final resting place' for the people here. Or perhaps, a home," she continue.

Her answers makes me even more confused. To think, this is not the real world that we live our daily lives. I just can't understand it more than that. Though I guess, its does not need to be understood. I mean, Hana herself says so – that she don't know.

Then, we stop speaking. The only sound are the leaves of the tree being flown away. A rustling sound that vibrates in the air, a music to the ear. Rather not to talk, I'm being afraid of the need to ask about this. I'm scared of learning the truth, though it is already be known.

"... Are you..."

"I am."

A simple answer gives so much weight in my heart. Even clenching both of my hand fingers does not help.

"It's a shame. Though I wanted to stay for far more longer with you guys, I can't really fight fate. It's just interchangeable, at least for me."

Yet again. Her words were full of strength. It's like she had accepted it. But for me – for us, its even painful to just thinking about it.

She stands up from her resting pose. Now, our height is almost the same. Because of her standing up, the wind now also blows away her hair. Making it flow like a flag.

My heart ache, make me spit out of anger. "Did Arkan was on fault?"

She then quickly answers, "No! He's not!" while pushing her body towards mine. "It seems he's really suffering right now, because of me... Like I just said, I wanted to stay longer with all of you, especially with him. I love Reza Arkan," she continued full of belief in her words, yet I'm at loss.

"I love him. Even though our meeting was purely by coincidence. His way of living, nearly the same as me. It feels like we were already close without even a first meeting. He brought me friends. He teaches me about 'opening your heart to others'. He has change my life drastically, literally too, haha," she explains with a sarcastic laugh at the end.

Then, a short peace came in while she trying to rug off her laughter.

"... I'd be lying if I said I don't want to keep on living."

Those words shatters my heart. 

"I've reached the most happiness I can get for the time that is given to me. Even those times were not meant to be. I really enjoyed it, with all of you. I can't really describe it, but, I feel like I want to cry of happiness," she said, blabbering open about her thoughts.

She smiled, once again. Such a bright face, no wonder Arkan fell for those.

After that, I give a small chuckles, and say, "That's so like you."

I give her an embrace of my body. We are both girls, so I'm trying to understand her more with this little time given. 

Then, I cry. On top of her shoulder, having her hands wrapping me, I shed tears. The feeling that came when I lost my very precious friend.  I keep crying and she just patting my back shoulders like a mother who is trying to sooth her child tantrum. A child that can't keep her ego inside her heart, keep pouring it out.

"Thank you."

I embraced her even more tightly.

"Goodby-"

"No!" I cut her off. "I'm not saying goodbye now! I want to spend time talking with you in this world. This world is a gift so I can talk to you forever I want to. So, please," I ask.

After hearing that request, she smiled and nodded. "Let's take our time, shall we?"

I happily nod.

0