Chapter 20: Arrancarization
6.3k 20 288
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

No one could prevent Mila Rose from shattering her Hollow mask; the sudden act caught both Harribel and Kazuya off guard. As Mila Rose's Reiatsu surged, it resembled the energy of the unnamed Adjuchas who had perished midway through their Arrancar transformations.

Yet, amid the chaos and uncertainty, Kazuya stood there, observing Mila Rose with a look of fascination etched on his face. He could sense a heartbeat, distinct from his own, resonating within him. It was as if their hearts had become one, united by his mysterious innate ability, 'The Crumbling Heart (Hollow).'

Mila Rose’s rampaging Reiatsu suggested she was losing control over her instincts, her desires and instincts teetering on the brink of overpowering her.

Harribel's eyes remained locked on Mila Rose, unblinking. “What has she done… Mila Rose?!”

Sung-Sun quietly regarded Mila Rose. She understood the significance of what was happening to her friend, for Kazuya had often enlightened them about the intricate process and advantages of becoming an Arrancar weeks ago. It only made her more concerned for Mila Rose.

"You've got to pull through, Kitten," Sung-Sun whispered.

Although she and Mila Rose fought and teased each other all the time, she cherished Mila Rose’s friendship more than anyone in the world. Mila Rose was there as Harribel’s oldest companion. Harribel might lose herself if anything happened to Mila Rose.

Apacci nudged Sung-Sun with her horn. “Trust me, she will. Rose is too stubborn to die like this…”

While she wasn’t best buddies with Mila Rose, she could see how much Mila Rose meant to Harribel and Sung-Sun. It was enough for her to pray for Mila Rose’s success.

“Haha, I know.”

Laughter tinged with worry escaped them as they watched Mila Rose's struggle, their hearts pounding with anxiety.

Kazuya, on the other hand, focused on the sensation of the other heart within his chest. "Mila Rose, take control, break the barriers, and seal your power within a vessel. Prove to me you aren't a cowardly kitten, but a smart and ferocious lion… Show me your prided fangs."

His advice ignited a defiant spark within her. "Who are you calling a cowardly kitten?!"

As the golden light dissipated, it unveiled a striking humanoid figure. A tall, dark-skinned woman wielding a massive black broadsword, her imposing presence resembling an Amazonian warrior. Remnants of her Hollow form were visible in her golden mane, the bone claws that supported her ample bosom, the armored thong she wore, and the armor adorning her neck, as well as her gloves and knee-length boots.

Spoiler

[collapse]

Mila Rose’s Resurrección form was something else.

Apacci and Sung-Sun let out a roar of cheer and admiration. The Arrancar transformation worked just as Kazuya described, perhaps more mysterious than his stories.

“I don’t want to be left behind,” Apacci whispered as she gritted her teeth. “I will—”

Sung-Sun wrapped her tail around Apacci’s feet. “Slow it down. Now isn’t our time...”

Apacci begrudgingly nodded and fired a small ball of Reiryoku at Mila Rose. It didn’t hurt Mila Rose, but drew her attention. “Mila Rose, kick his ass!”

She placed her hope in Mila Rose, knowing an opponent like Dordoni could suppress her with his Reiatsu alone. They were different levels of existence, one she couldn’t fight without being a Vasto Lorde or tearing her mask.

Mila Rose nodded solemnly and shifted her gaze to Kazuya. “Thanks for your help.”

His taunt and, more crucially, his Reiryoku had helped when she needed it. Without him, she would have succumbed to her instincts. Without him, she would have never sealed her Hollow powers in a blade.

Kazuya whistled, admiring Mila Rose’s alluring curves, especially her lovely bosom. “People awaken their true inner powers when they want to protect something. A fierce desire to protect.”

He quoted Yoruichi’s words, which were yet to be said in this timeline. The will to protect and power of friendship existed even in the world of Bleach — Mila Rose was a living testament to the legendary power of friendship.

“Protect?” Mila Rose whispered and looked around her, scratching her wavy black hair. “Ah, fine. I’ll protect everyone because I’m the strongest among us.”

Kazuya let her bask in the misunderstanding for the time being. “What a good kitten.”

“I’m no kitten. I’m a lion.” Mila Rose made a vicious face, showcasing her lion-like fangs. She gripped her sword in a fighting stance. “I’ll destroy you with my sword, Dordoni.”

Cyclones surged with even more intensity as Dordoni approached Mila Rose. “Break time’s over then. Prepare to die.”

The bird-headed cyclones threatened to engulf Mila Rose. She swung her broadsword with barbarian might, dissipating the wind with its sheer force.

“Get lost with the wind.”

Dordoni’s armor pores recreated the cyclones. “I can keep doing this forever. I am the Storm Baron.”

Mila Rose planted her feet on the ground and launched herself at Dordoni with a sonic boom. Being an Arrancar, she could proficiently make use of the Sonído ability.

Sung-Sun and Apacci, unable to venture near the ferocious clash, unleashed their Cero Rays from a safe distance. Dordoni cut down the Cero with fierce wind blades with ease. Their Cero wasn’t harming Dordoni, but it greatly annoyed him and took away his focus.

Kazuya found it hard to believe that the Tres Bestias faced one of the top Espada (in this timeline) as their first team battle.

‘Espada’s future should be a little different now.’ He sighed and placed a hand on Harribel’s shoulder. “Isn’t her form beautiful?”

“Beautiful and powerful…”

From a weak Adjuchas to fighting on an equal level with an Espada — Mila Rose’s growth was astonishing, and all it took was determination and some help from his skill.

Harribel traced her mask. “I’m ready to fracture mine if Dordoni overpowers Rose.”

He shook his head. “I already told you, Harribel. No more sacrifices. I still have a trump card to beat him.”

He was lying without blinking an eye. He could easily take down Dordoni if his Reiatsu tank was full. Unfortunately, the fight with Cirucci took a great toll on his spiritual power reserves. As much as he wanted to see Harribel’s Arrancar form, he didn’t feel like taking a gamble with her life.

‘I learned a lot. It was worth it.’

He cast a glance towards Cirucci, who still lay there without any movement. Despite her seemingly dead state, he could feel fluctuations of her Reiatsu now.

‘Damn she survived?’

He had truly overestimated his attack power and underestimated Cirucci’s Hierro. The attack that was meant to kill her only knocked her out. Her head wound had nearly closed. An Arrancar's vitality was a force to be reckoned with — only beheading or destroying their heart guaranteed their demise.

Cirucci's fingers dug into the sand as she lifted her head, her eyes shaking in fear. "Finish me…"

“Harribel, watch over them for me. I’ll be back in a minute.”

Favorite if you liked it!

288