CHAPTER 25 : BILAL
164 4 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The world wrenched around me as I teleported away. 

The next thing I saw was a bright blue sky and endless trees. I felt the humid air of a tropical climate. This is the place I had chosen for my venture, the forest between vechor and Sehz-clar.

Wilderness as far as the eye could see, rarely any alryan comes here, just perfect to kill someone. Even if the so-called sovereigns found out someone robbed them, the probability of the possibility of that person being a dicathen crossing their mind is quite low. They would most likely suspect someone from epheotus.

Anyway, I've been engaging myself with space mana for nearly a year now, and even though far from being proficient, I'm still better than a beginner. Making a connection with any place can be done at will. I can do Short distance teleportation, but it consumes as much Time and is as flashy as the long-distance one, rendering it useless In battle.

Alcryan teleportation artifact somewhat works like my own teleportation technique. it utilizes connection with already existing Aether motes using space mana, making it possible to travel through mote to mote achieving teleportation. In these previous 3 days, I had been studying the artifact, and through my hours of hard work, I was able to completely understand its working as well as how to use it to get what I wanted.

Using my own space mana, I altered its connections with aetheric motes and shaped it in a way so that all the pathways lead to a single location.

'Genius, am I not? Hehe,' I thought grinning from ear to ear.

Putting all the thoughts in the back of my mind, I forced myself to focus on the task.

Looking around, I began to search for Bilal, who was of course not at the place the portal had dropped him.

It took me nearly a minute before I found his trail as a little space mana he got on himself from teleportation was still lingering on his body, 

Manipulating gravity around me, I shot to the sky in his direction with supersonic speed. After nearly 10 minutes, a small figure of Bilal entered my vision, flying at a high speed towards the south, probably trying to find his way out of this wilderness.

As if noticing something, he slightly looked over his back. The guy probably thought his misplaced teleportation was an accident, but looking at me, moving in his direction with a breathtaking speed, he quickly connected the dots and a panicked expression formed on his face.

He instinctively wanted to increase his speed but before he could, he was forced to dodge as a white ray of the temperature of about 1300°c passed by his side.

Although dodged successfully, he couldn't prevent it from slightly touching his left shoulder.

 Bilal looked at his scorched shoulder as the wind passed through his now visible bones sending a cold feeling down his whole body. 

He looked horrified at the damage caused by the ray despite the layer of mana he had covered his body with beforehand.

Realizing that running away wasn't an option, he turned around and faced me. In just about half a minute, I stopped about 10 metres away from him, meeting his gaze.

"Who are you? what do you want from me?" he asked in his sickly voice, and I could see the fear of the unknown clearly visible on his ugly face.

Not interested in talking to a dead man. I covered my whole body with a layer of solid pure mana and lunged at him with attraction, using him as a reference point.

I covered the distance between us in an instant and threw a gravity-imbued punch at his heart.

A boom resounded as my fist landed on his chest, although could not Pierce through his toxic mana but even that couldn't contain the fist's momentum. I heard a cracking sound as several of his ribs broke, and he was shot down from the sky like a bolt of lightning, creating a 3-metre-deep crater, crashing with the ground.

Tens of lances of metal formed around me as I shot them at him with a speed faster than a bullet while slightly following behind myself with my mana-imbued sword.

But this time Bilal countered, Sickly green mana extended from his arms into a long toxic blade. He rotated it like a fan, cutting the lances that came at him.

Our swords collided with a clang sending shockwaves in every direction. His sword suddenly extended towards my head catching me off guard.

I sent mana into my nerves, triggering thunderclap impulses as my reaction time increased to not 0.05 but 0.01. A feat I was able to attain due to years of exercising my mind, strengthening the connection it had to the soul in the process, which provided more mental power to it. while my superior body, achieved by the enhancement of light mana throughout the years aided me in enduring the backlash.

Due to my new near-instant reaction time, although I was able to prevent the toxic blade from hitting my head, yet it slightly slashed at my right shoulder.

The pure Mana layer cancelled most of the force, but little toxic mana was able to reach my flesh. It quickly attached to my skin, trying to rot it.

My appearance turned back to the original as the camouflage spell I had on me all this time declined.

"A kid?" Bilal's eyebrows raised in disbelief, as he looked at my original appearance.

"Old enough to impregnate your mother," I replied, gritting my teeth to endure the pain coming from my shoulder.

"You impudent brat!" his expression turned into that of rage upon hearing my words as he lunged forward with the mana blade. The sickly green mana swept toward my neck, which I easily dodged, and countered with a swing of my sword. but another toxic blade suddenly converged from Bilal's left hand, blocking my swing. A crack appeared on my sword, which was understandable as it was just a normal sword I bought in xyrus city.

Whirls of wind engulfed my left fist, as I threw it to his face. My punch connected, breaking Bilal's jaw as he was shot back with lightning speed, crashing with ten's of trees until being stopped by a large bark tree.

I was about to shoot myself after him when suddenly my brows furrowed as I sensed a mana wave coming in this direction from the west.

'Motherfu*cker.' I cursed.

First, this Bilal, although not as powerful as a retainer but is not too far. And then this.

Even though I guessed they must have some kind of way to track him, and very well expected them to send reinforcements to check, yet this is way too quick and judging by the aura of this mana wave, the person coming seems very strong, probably a retainer or perhaps a...scythe.

'I guessed I misjudged the value of the pink solution for them,' I thought as I gritted my teeth in frustration.

I was saving my mana for teleportation when confronting Bilal, but I guess I gotta hurry up.

White lightning crackled around my body as I shot forward.

Noticing me, Bilal quickly retracted his blades, and sickly green energy dispersed around his body, trying to protect him from the lighting-clad jab but failed as my hand pierced through his defences and made direct contact with his flesh, Gripping his neck

Gritting my teeth from the mind-numbing pain that felt like the bones in my hand were slowly smouldering inside a fire, I moved more mana from my core, as more denser lighting passed through his body, numbing his bones and frying his organs from the inside. Even with my hand coalesced with lightning, the deteriorating effects of his defences seeped into my hand upon contact with his skin.

Bilal let a pained growl as he tried to pull himself away but my grip on his neck stayed strong.

After about a minute, his screams stopped with the beating of his heart. 

[ Yo guys, are you liking the fic? if yes, then please let me know by commenting or giving a review]

6