Chapter 2: Introductions
8 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After minutes of walking they find themselves descending stairs leading to multiple cells with people in them, as they walk by one of the men in the cells whistles at the Dwarf, the Half-Orc, Half-Elf man comments "Looks like you've already got some admirers, i'd take it." the Dwarf shoots back, saying "Shut the hell up." This is followed by one of the guards behind them shouting "No one gave you permission to speak! Keep walking." As such they continue walking in silence, reaching a room near the back of this underground holding.

They walk in while the guards behind them stand in front of the door, they notice the two people standing in the room, one is standing in the corner nearest to them, a longsword by his waist ready to draw at a moments notice, his skin is like soot, a rare site out in the open, a Drow. The other person is sitting behind a cluttered desk, a man with wispy brown hair and thick sideburns and when he talks a heavy accent spews forth. "Ay, yer the new people here? My name is Riel, but ye can call me Mr. Porlon. I'd like to check if we have any previous offensives by ye lot, so introduce yourselves to me eh?"

The Dwarf steps up first "My name is Maxon sir." Mr. Porlon nods and looks to the next person, the Tiefling. "Cherubim. I think there has been some sort of mixup? I did not participate in the fight, I was only near the scene." Mr. Porlon scoffs at Cherubim, "Ye really think I would believe the spawn of the Prince of Lies? Ye Tieflin' bastards never change do ye? Next person." He leaves no chance for Cherubim to argue back, and Vyke speaks next "Name's Vyke Aggestane, was just walkin' by, and then the guy next to me suddenly punches me outta the blue, rather sudden stuff ain't it?" Mr. Porlon slips out a muffled laugh, "Ya really think I'd believe ye, yer a Rat, almost as bad as the Tieflin's."

Vyke shrugs, "Worth a try ain't it?" Vyke receives a piercing glare from the man next to him as he walks forward "My name is Din Jarican. I also was the victim of the thieving rat, it's bullshit how i'm here." Din walks a little too close to the desk for the Drow's liking, and a sword is heard unsheathing, Din's eyes dart to the Drow and he steps back in line. Mr. Porlon still has a smile as he speaks "Ye can try, but my assistant here may have somethin' to say eh?" The Drow nods and steps back, sheathing his weapon.

The other Ratfolk steps forth with an accent that seems to have been practiced, it's posh, it does not fit his visage. "My name is Ven, Mr. Porlon. I have no last name." He seems to have no motivation for arguing about his involvement from what he's seen happen. Finally the Aarakocra steps forward and speaks with a squawk "My name is Yar sir." Mr. Porlon nods and moves his aging bones to the cabinets behind him, searching through the thousands of papers inside them for a quarter of an hour before coming back with nothing,

He then speaks "First time offenders? Ye are lucky then since ye got a choice, we can send ye away with a fine of 3 gold, or ye can help run an errand with my friend Albert 'ere." Unanimously the group of people decide on the errand, they're way too poor to afford 3 gold. Vyke thinks to himself '3 Gold for a first time offense? This bastard is obviously trying to fleece us.' Mr. Porlon seems slightly saddened by their choice but speaks to the Drow named Albert. "Ye hear that Albert, ye got some friends for that job of yers." Albert shakes his head in response "I don't remember asking for friends. Don't make decisions for me in the future." Mr. Porlons smile freezes as he apologizes.

"Let's go, I hope some of you can at least fight, else I will really have to kick his ass." Albert moves out of the room while saying this, soon enough they end up in the street again. "Our employer is a man called Bruneswick, big business owner. He hired me to track down someone who tried to assassinate him, apparently the assassin is hiding in a cave west of here, I honestly thought the city of Lastow would be safer than this but I guess you can't judge a book by a cover." Albert shrugs.

"So why exactly was going along with you an option Albert?" Ven asks Albert and everyone else seems interested in the answer. Albert replies with a sigh of exasperation "Mr. Porton thinks he's helping me, I'd tell him to back the fuck off but as you can tell he's pretty racist towards the more ostracized races such as myself, as such I don't want to put myself out too much to stop him, just know I wont protect you if we get in some shit."

Vyke Comments "That bastard needs a lesson, my name ain't Vyke Aggestane unless I steal something from him before I leave this city." Everyone stops and looks at Vyke. Cherubim coughs "Perhaps it isn't the smartest decision to try stealing after you just got caught for it you dumbass." Vyke laughs it off "Nahhhh, it'll be fine Cherry, just need to be more careful next time, ain't that right Din?" Din looks towards Vyke and shakes his head. They end up in front of a carriage service and Albert reaches into his coin pouch that Vyke's been eying up all day, but decides against it for the 5th time. They board the carriage and set off out the west gate.

1