67. The Legendary Equipment Box
1.6k 18 76
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Aurora casually navigated to her relatively empty inventory, glancing over the various supplies and items she had acquired for her travels as her gaze landed on her three cosmetic outfit boxes. The icons showed she still had her basic [Cosmetic Outfit Box] from her Forerunner edition alongside two [Advanced Cosmetic Outfit Box] that she had gained from her achievements.

The difference between them was the range of outfits that someone could select. The [Cosmetic Outfit Box] had a small selection of outfits for each class as well as some of the non-combat professions such as smithing or cooking, while the [Advanced Cosmetic Outfit Box] had a wider assortment of cosmetic outfits that were not limited to classes and professions.

Aurora decided to open the basic box now and saved the Advanced boxes for later. She did not want to restrict her potential access to decent clothing when she might be dealing with nobles, even more so if she encountered them before she had a chance to purchase the correct attire for all the different occasions. Noble society on Earth was fickle, and the Caelesian Empire was no different.

Selecting the [Cosmetic Outfit Box], a small screen popped up showing a list of classes and below them, various professions. Skipping the rest, she immediately gave the mental command to open up the mage tab which displayed a 3D image of the first outfit she could pick. What was displayed while rotating slowly was a male set that looked somewhat similar to what she had originally purchased at the tailor's shop in Haligrad, just with more ruffles, and the leather trousers replaced with fabric.

While she could pick this outfit which would fit her size, she felt that it would be a disservice to her stunning appearance if she was to wear something that would not be so flattering, especially to her figure. While she wasn’t going to go around flaunting her beauty, she wasn't going to try and cover it up by trying to stick to male clothes.

With that thought in mind, she mentally swiped twice to reach the small selection of women's outfits. After a few minutes of deliberation, she eventually picked an outfit that was somewhat similar to Roxanne’s, a long black dress with red accents. The dress would hug her curves while showing a little bit of cleavage from its V-neck, while it also covered her arms with flared sleeves.

Since wearing a dress would be inconvenient for her while riding on top of Sapphire, Aurora decided to bind the outfit to her equipment later. The next item she decided to open was her [Rare Equipment Box]. As was her tradition when trying her luck with luck, she opened the box while closing her eyes in hopes that she would be more lucky.

After a few moments, she heard the familiar ding from the system and reopened her eyes to see the system notification in the centre of her vision.

[Acquired Rare: Gold Ring of the Hunter]

With a long and exasperated sigh, Aurora let her head fall back against the tree behind her as she closed her eyes again.

“For fucks sake.”

While it could be said she got lucky since the chance percentages for getting accessories like the ring were lower than general equipment, the fact it was a hunter's ring meant it would give stat bonuses to dexterity and stealth. Since neither trait would help her much, she would offer it to one of her friends or trade it with a willing guild member with something of equal value.

Swiftly moving on as her excitement rose, Aurora clicked on the [Epic Equipment Box], closed her eyes and crossed her fingers in her lap. The hopeful expectation for something good created nervous butterflies in her stomach while the wait for the system's notification passed, her patience eventually being rewarded by the system's notification.

[Aquired Epic: Mithril Bracers of the Magus]

With a beautiful smile, Aurora quickly navigated into her inventory and clicked on the new bracers she had acquired.

[Epic: Mithril Bracers of the Magus]

[The Mithril Bracers in the style of a Battle Mage of the Sogorim Mages Tower: DEF+8, WIZ+6, INT+6, -2% Cast Time]

Seeing the item’s stats caused Aurora’s expression to become overjoyed as she pulled them out of her inventory and replaced her current ones. They were perfectly suited to her build and were lightweight as was expected of mythril items. The metal held up to its reputation gained in fantasy works, it was lightweight and durable, while also being quite compatible with magic. That is not to say it was impervious to damage, it was significantly more durable than steel, but when fighting enemies of a higher strength its durability could easily be overwhelmed.

The braces themselves were quite beautiful, covering the whole of her forearms over her blouse. The silvery metal surface was covered in ruinc language around the edges at the wrist and elbow while along the main section where the metal surface was decorated by engravings of lightning bolts.

Aurora raised her forearm as she inspected the new and shiny bracers, enamoured with their beauty. She took a few moments to inspect the engraved runes and saw the enchantment for the cast time reduction. She gave a smile as she could spot some of the areas where they could be improved, feeling thankful for her knowledge of runes.

After a moment she snapped herself out of her reverie as she moved back to her inventory to open the [Legendary Equipment Box]. After the customary closing of the eyes and crossing of the fingers, she waited for the system notification. She was thankful that the items given by epic or higher boxes would always be suited to her class in some way, she could only imagine her rage if she got a bow or something of the sort. She was grateful that the gods were not completely mean and properly rewarded big achievements.

Upon hearing the system's notification Aurora hesitantly opened her eyes as she focused on the notification outlined in yellow.

[Aquired Legendary: Receptivity - Vigilance of the Witch Queen]

[[System Announcement: Player Astaria is the first Immortal Warrior to acquire a piece of Legendary Equipment. Astaria has been awarded the unique title: First Legendary Acquirer]]

Aurora let out an excited squeak as she saw the name of the item. Items could come in sets which were a collection of equipment that when equipped with other items of the same set, would resonate and grant additional effects. Sets were quite rare for lower-level equipment since making a set of equipment was not simple and required a lot of resources and planning.

In the past, she had heard of the Witch Queen set, however, she never managed to get a hold of any of the pieces. It was said the set was created by an ancient kingdom led by a Queen who was incredibly proficient in witchcraft, and that the set was used by her royal guard who were all proficient with magic in some form.

She was not sure what part of the set ‘Vigilance’ was, as each piece had a trait that applied to the item such as the chest piece which was given the trait of protection, but either way, she knew the item would be particularly powerful.

With no hesitation Aurora opened and navigated her inventory to the yellow-outlined icon of a short sword, clicking on it to see the details.

[Legendary: Receptivity - Vigilance of the Witch Queen]

[The shortsword of the Witch Queen given the name Receptivity. The orichalcum blade was personally enchanted by Witch Queen Vaani for her own use in battle: (182 ATK) (INT+37, WIS+34, AGI+32) (Sharpness+) (Magical Infusion+)

Qualities of the Witch Queen (Set)

(2 pieces - INT+ 20)

(3 pieces - WIS+ 20)

(4 pieces - Magic Resistance +30%)

(5 pieces - Cast Time -15%)

(6 pieces - VIT+ 20)

(7 pieces - Physical Resistance +30%)

(8 pieces - DEF+ 20, AGI+ 20, (Ability: Siege Magical Barrier))

Looking over the stats Aurora couldn't help but let out a whistle as she looked at the high numbers. This was clearly a weapon at the higher end of the Legendary tier given the strength of the attribute increases. Looking at the AGI increase, she found herself momentarily confused until she remembered that this piece was attached to vigilance, and the increase in AGI would increase aspects of someone's perception.

She noted that it had the sharpness enchantment like her current sword, alongside an enchantment that would increase the potency of channelling any magic into the weapon itself. While it was largely useless for her at the moment, in the future it would be very helpful when she could freely manipulate mana.

The next thing that caught her attention was the description that mentioned that this was used by the Witch Queen herself. With a glance at the weapon's name, she finally understood. The item was named, something that would not have been the case had the weapon been used by a regular member of the Witch Queen's royal guard.

Lastly, she checked out the set bonuses. While it was possible she would be able to collect more pieces of the set since the capital of the ancient kingdom had been turned into a raid dungeon, it would be something to come later on so she only gave the set a cursory glance.

The Siege Magical Barrier ability for the set was one of the aspects of the set that had caught her attention in the past, and to see it listed brought a smile to her face as the potential use for it was staggering.

 

 

Shoutout to the Steel rank Patreon Supporters: Lynx of Chaos, travis thinnes, and hunt s1172,
 
And the Iron Rank Patreon Supporters: Jaren475, dean dexter, Iobe I, Goliat342, jeremy, pancake_23489, Shrui, Kaouenn, Andy65pr, Shilmizta, Paradox, Britney Fletcher, Hagen Bishop, BerserkMango1, AsteriaZ, PotatoJackie, Alex _, Alex Smith, John Doe, Krimson Fox, Miles Carlson, Theredscare77, Matty, j0ntsa, Kristan Games, Miles, Lucy, clone trooper, Aaron Hall, Alexander Molyneux-child, Knightmare, Franky Thomson, Dakota Scheeler, Thorgath, TabCrusha67, SilverFox#7631, Hotsexylopunny5, PaintedMirror36, liam curtis, TheEntityAbove, Koda2323, Cameron Adams, turtlegaminginf, el trucko, Pasteurized, Gengster, Admiral Death, Brennan, carthas, Mikki Song, Calliope, Pizzatiger, Emblyon, Danlee, David Peers, Havocado, Richard Hayden, Dodge the Lava, Rowsdower, dg3355, and Ilawen.

 

So, the long-awaited Equipment Boxes have been opened! Now, I won't lie, I did sort of struggle with what to drop from them. But after some last min changes, I think that the choices were not too bad. Especially in terms of hints towards future raid content, some deeper world lore, and the implications the descriptions bring. I have been relatively hands off so far with the worlds lore for a couple of reasons. 1. when I first started, I was not 100% sure on what everything looked like outside of the starter kingdom, and only created a picture after some time. 2. I didn't want to info dump you guys. but now, since we are in the empire and on route to the capital, we will get lots of it. But either way, I hope this satisfies your curiosity. I feel like it might have been hyped a little too much since it ended up delayed till now, but still, I don't think I completely flopped!

Oh, and I'm sure you will all be pleased to know, I am getting better at cliffhangers, especially in the next 5 chaps up on patreon! I'm sure you are all so very overjoyed XD

Anyway, that's all from me, thanks for reading and see you in the comments or next chap! 

 

If you want to join the discussion about Caelus Online, click here to join my Discord!
 
Click here to read +5 chapters ahead on my Patreon!
 
Proof Reader: Aegis_Of_The_Void

 

 

 

76