Forums – 2 (Part 1)
3.6k 31 172
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

[Caelus Online Forum]

Please be respectful and follow the community guidelines.

 

 

[Thread - Equipment thread]

[Views – 2168]

This thread is about equipment. Please keep all comments relevant to the topic.

 

 

[523. Adventurer Passing By]

Hey, what gear are all those day 1 players wearing?

 

[524. Adventurer Passing By]

What do you mean?

 

[525. Adventurer Passing By]

Well, there are a bunch of players who are wearing some cool mid-tier looking equipment, how do you get it?

 

[526. Adventurer Passing By]

Oh, that? That’s the rewards from the Cosmetic Outfit Box that Forerunner edition players received.

 

[527. Adventurer Passing By]

Wait, so the gear is effectively useless then?

 

[528. Adventurer Passing By]

Well, that depends on what’s underneath. Think of it something like a cosmetic skin from other games, but different. Say your equipment features a small metal breastplate while your outfit has a large and thick metal breastplate, the durability of the equipment will be transferred equally across the outfit. So, in this example, because the costume has more metal on it, the actual defence of the outfits metal parts becomes weaker.

 

[529. Adventurer Passing By]

Oh, that makes costumes seem quite a hindrance then?

 

[530. Adventurer Passing By]

Not entirely, if you have a 1-1 ratio of materials between your equipment and your costume, you should be fine. Do note however that it only works between materials of the same type, those being cloth, leather, and metal.

 

[531. Adventurer Passing By]

I see, that makes sense and actually seems quite balanced. I guess someone can’t get a full set of high tier metal armour by only wearing a small amount in each slot.

 

[532. Adventurer Passing By]

Exactly, plus you get to look cool. So, everyone is a winner!

 

[533. Adventurer Passing By]

Can you make equipment into a costume then?

 

[534. Adventurer Passing By]

I am not sure. Anything is possible in this game, but I have not come across anything like that yet. I would assume it’s a high-level crafting technique or item.

 

[535. Adventurer Passing By]

Makes sense.

 

[536. Adventurer Passing By]

Has anyone gained rare equipment yet?

 

[537. WhiteStripe]

You mean have we got any blues? Nope, although you can buy them from some of the weapon shops in Haligrad.

 

[538. BigZ]

They is straight up rippin us off bruv. Boss man is charging a premium.

 

[539. Adventurer Passing By]

I vaguely understand what you are trying to say BigZ, your message is quite hard to understand.

 

[540. Adventurer Passing By]

I know right, the prices are insane, I have only managed to gain a few silvers from selling materials and I have nowhere near enough!

 

[541. WhiteStripe]

Goblins are quite lucrative you know, although they are tough so you will need to take a party.

 

[542. Adventurer Passing By]

Oh, where can you find them?

 

[543. WhiteStripe]

There is a big forest southeast of Haligrad where many spawn. I ended up wandering off and encountered a group of lv5 goblins.

 

[544. Adventurer Passing By]

Oh, Lv5? That’s the highest level mob we have seen so far right?

 

[545. WhiteStripe]

Think so. They were quite strong in a group of 5, we lost 2 party members trying to kill them.

 

[546. Adventurer Passing By]

I had managed to loot an Enhancement Stone from a goblin. I guess this is an item to enhance gear, correct?

 

[547. Adventurer Passing By]

Oh, you are really lucky! I spoke to someone at the adventurer’s guild today about items that goblins drop and the enhancement stone is one of the rare drops. He explained that if you take it to a blacksmith, they can use the stone to improve one piece of gear.

 

[548. WhiteStripe]

Oh, is that so? I guess it slightly increases the item's stats, correct?

 

[549. Adventurer Passing By]

Damn, lucky guy!

 

[550. Adventurer Passing By]

It seems so, apparently you can enhance the same item multiple times, however it gets harder the higher the items level. The higher the level, the more chance the item will be damaged, and even completely destroyed.

 

[551. WhiteStripe]

Oh god, that means there is a chance to completely blow-up endgame equipment then?

 

[552. Adventurer Passing By]

I’m not sure about endgame equipment, but definitely iron and steel equipment. The guy I spoke to did also mention that the level of the blacksmith also matters. The better the blacksmith, the higher the chance of success and the less chance of any damage.

 

[553. WhiteStripe]

Interesting, so who is the best blacksmith to go to then?

 

[554. Adventurer Passing By]

I honestly don’t know. The adventurer mentioned that in crafting street there are a couple of master blacksmiths, but their services are quite costly.

 

[555. WhiteStripe]

I see. I guess I will go and check it out, I will let you know the results later on this thread.

 

 

 

 

[Thread - The Farmers Union]

[Views – 538]

This thread is for those who are currently grinding XP to share their experiences and advice.

 

 

[139. Adventurer Passing By]

Hey, who else is grinding in Woodspike Forest?

 

[140. Adventurer Passing By]

I am, just taking a break and looking at the forums. Damn, these goblins give good xp!

 

[141. Adventurer Passing By]

Are you at Lv 3 yet?

 

[142. Adventurer Passing By]

Almost, we arrived an hour ago and have killed 15 goblins so far. The fights are quite intense.

 

[143. Adventurer Passing By]

I know! It does not help that one of our members is just wildly swinging their sword and hoping to hit something while another is trying to act all cool and swing his sword like some anime protagonist while screaming his skills.

 

[144. Adventurer Passing By]

Lol, what a nerd

 

[145. Tuna Sushi]

I’m not quite familiar with anime, but I am laughing just thinking about it.

 

[146. Adventurer Passing By]

How is everyone finding the xp farm then?

 

[147. Adventurer Passing By]

Honestly quite slow. I ran out of mana potions so need to wait for it to replenish naturally.

 

[148. Adventurer Passing By]

Sucks to be a mage lol. I’m a magic swordsman and even when my mana is out I can still fight the goblins without much trouble.

 

[149. Adventurer Passing By]

I’m a sorcerer, not a mage. At least mages have that short sword to use when out of mana.

 

[150. Adventurer Passing By]

I guess early game sorcerer is quite hard without extra mana potions then, but I imagine late game it will be incredibly powerful.

 

[151. Adventurer Passing By]

I hope so since we can’t change classes even if we make a new account.

 

[152. Adventurer Passing By]

Ikr, what's up with that? It’s like they register our DNA or something so we can’t start a new account.

 

[153. Adventurer Passing By]

Eh, it’s going to put some players off who pick classes they don’t like, but I think the game is too enticing for them to stay away.

 

[154. Adventurer Passing By]

True, I’m already hooked.

 

[155. Brownfeld]

Wait, this thread is not about farming wheat?

 

[156. Adventurer Passing By]

Lol, no, go back and play a farming simulator.

 

[157. Adventurer Passing By]

Is there any way to increase the xp gain?

 

[158. Athejuan]

I was actually testing this out with some friends. The general gist is that each enemy gives a set amount of xp. When in a party it seems to be divided equally amongst all members, but when you kill that enemy solo you get a slight boost.

 

[159. Adventurer Passing By]

What your saying is that the less players you are with = more xp right? And that going solo is the fastest method?

 

[160. Athejuan]

Potentially, yes. If you are good enough to deal with all the enemy’s solo, it is possible I would assume, but then you also need to consider the time it takes you to kill solo compared to when with other players, as well as the time you need to wait for mana etc to regenerate.

What I’m trying to say is it will vary for every enemy type since you may kill more with a party for longer which will net more xp than killing only a few solo in a shorter time frame.

 

[161. Adventurer Passing By]

Ah, you are talking about min-maxing, right?

 

[162. Adventurer Passing By]

I miss eating Doritos while grinding.

 

[163. Adventurer Passing By]

Min maxing?

 

[164. Athejuan]

Yes, min-maxing is basically a term for when gamers try to be the most efficient as possible. For example, a player will try to minimise the time walking between groups of enemies while maxing out their offensive stats to quickly clear enemies out.

 

[165. Adventurer Passing By]

Think of it as making the most of your time.

 

[166. Adventurer Passing By]

I see, that makes sense. Although it sounds tiring to do in this game since we can actually feel the fatigue.

 

[167. Athejuan]

I guess you are right, but it won’t stop the hardcore gamers.

 

 

 

 

Proof Reader: Aegis_Of_The_Void

 

 

172