Chapter 92: Clashes Everywhere
174 4 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Ice Domin'

The domain spread across a kilometer and froze ground within-restricting movement of anyone within.

Seven cultivators were facing the griffin, including Bai Hua. Soon, they began the counterattack.

'Lightning Domain'x2

'Fire Domain'

'Earth Domain'x3

'Water Domain'

They created their domain to counter the griffin, and Bai Hua's 'Fire Domain' was the most effective against it.

'Icicles'

The griffin launched icicles toward everyone.

'Ice Mountain'

'Water Slash'

'Earth Shield'

'Fireball'

Everyone used their skill to counterattack, and most were successful, excluding Wang Hong. His 'Water Domain' enhanced the griffin's ability instead of countering it.

The griffin snickered. "Found the perfect target."

***

'Lightning Domain'

All of a sudden, the griffin switched its domain.

'Lightning Surge'

Lightning bolts darted toward the 'Water Domain'.

"Nooo"

Everyone saw the bolts. They wanted to warn Wang Hong, but the bolts were too fast.

Bzzzzzt!

The lightning spread across thanks to the 'Water Domain' and shocked everyone.

Ahhh!

Most cultivators were paralyzed except for two cultivators with an affinity for lightning.

'Lightning Barage'

'Lightning Lash'

The duo launched attacks simultaneously. But their attacks dissipated before they could reach the griffin. It was the advantage of domain size.

'Lightning Surge'

Lightning bolts darted toward the ' Water Domain' again.

'Lightning Barage'

'Lightning Lash'

The duo launched their attacks to deal with the enemy attack.

'Lightning Surge'

Immediately, the griffin launched another attack, and the target was paralyzed, Wang Hong.

The bolts struck Wang Hong before the duo could react.

Zzzzzzzzzz!

Ahhhhhhhhhh!

Thud!

Wang Hong's corpse fell over. It had been burned to a crisp. A nauseating and sweet, putrid and steaky scent assaulted their nose.

Blurghh!

Some cultivators with weak stomachs threw up instantly.

***

All the cultivators in the dominion realm were engaged, leaving the beast to advance.

Soon, the beasts breached the walls.

Meanwhile, the soldiers were waiting for orders.

One of the captains roared. "Chargeeeeeee."

"For the humanity."

The soldiers said their battle cry and marched.

Soon, both sides clash.

The frontlines were filled with either normal humans or cultivators at the refiner stage, and evolution realm cultivators were behind them. It was the same for the beasts.

However, there were some exceptions. There were some evolution/archon realm cultivators/beasts at the frontlines.

They were either battle maniacs or fame hoarders.

***

Boom!

The gorilla bashed the ground, killing a group of cultivators instantly.

Bang! Bang! Roar!

The gorilla beat its chest and roared, scaring away the cultivators.

"Leave it to me."

Meng Zhou arrived in front of the gorilla

'Umbra Barrier'

Shadows emerged from Meng Zhou and spread across 10 meters(32.8 ft), latching the gorilla and Meng Zhou inside.

The gorilla was left blinded.

Roarrrr!

It roared in hopes of scaring away the opponent, but nothing happened.

Swish!

Suddenly, a slash crept behind the gorilla. Its body size made it harder to dodge. The attack sliced a part of its back, causing it to bleed.

Roar!

The gorilla was enraged.

'Earth Scatter'

A boulder emerged from the ground below and broke into tiny pieces.

Woosh!

The pieces were then stormed omnidirectionally.

The gorilla expected the attack to succeed, but the dark dome was still active.

Ahhh!

Instead, the attacks landed on the cultivators and the beasts outside the dome, injuring them.

'Rayless Slash'

A powerful slash landed on the gorilla wounding it.

'Rayles Slash'

The attacks continued.

The gorilla wanted to flee, but Meng Zhou blocked its retreat.

Thud!

A few minutes later, the gorilla dropped dead. Afterward, Meng Zhou deactivated the skill.

Meng Zhou muttered. "This is for you, father. I'll not rest until the griffin is dead."

***

Somewhere else

'Light Surge'

A dazzling light pierced through enemies, clearing a vast area.

The boy yelled. "Come on, you beasts."

However, the beasts halted midway. The boy was about to advance.

Suddenly, water blades appeared in front of him.

'Light Surge'

The sword lit up, and he slashed toward the water blades.

The water blades absorbed the lights causing the blades to heat up and evaporate.

The boy was amused. "Interesting."

The boy was Yuan Chang from the 'Faith Academy', and his opponent was a water serpent.

Yuan Chang taunted. "Come at me, snake."

For some reason, it enraged the water serpent. So it dashed forward.

'Light Surge'

Yuan Chang launched another attack.

The beast released a 'water blade' in response.

The attacks clashed and dissipated as before.

'Light Surge'x5

Yuan Chang spammed the attack, and so did the water serpent.

The battle reached a stalemate.

"Count yourself lucky, snake. I haven't used this skill since the competition at the 'spring' sect."

'Solar Flash'

The sword lit up x10 more, blinding almost everyone.

Suddenly, the beast sensed danger.

The water serpent launched water blades at Yuan Chang.

However, it knew the attack would not be enough. So it conjured an ice barrier in front of it.

"Go"

A massive beam escaped from the sword, and the beam crossed a distance of 6 kilometers(3.7 miles) in two milliseconds.

Swoosh!

There was a delay of 20 seconds between the attack and the sound.

Everything happened too fast. It seemed as if the world had stopped for a few milliseconds.

Soon, everyone saw a long straight line between Yuan Chang and the wall in the front. The scary part was 'everything within the path of the beam had evaporated'-leaving only bags of dust behind.

"I wonder how long will it take for me to reach 'major' level mastery."

Yuan Chang had yet to reach the 'major' level master of the 'light' element, so he could only utilize 1% of the strength.

The aftermath caught the attention of almost everyone including the griffin and the wyvern.

***

Yuan Chang's attack distracted the griffin for a few seconds, allowing the cultivators to recover from the paralysis.

'Ice Mountain'

'Earth Dragon'

'Stone Cannon'

'Fireball'

'Lightning Barage'

'Lightning Lash'

Everyone launched an attack while the griffin was distracted.

The griffin sensed the attacks. So it counterattacked.

'Icicles'

'Lightning Surge'

The attacks clashed, causing a large explosion in the sky. The blast engulfed the griffin.

The explosion subsided a few seconds later, and a figure could be perceived. However, it didn't have the majestic appearance as before.

The small wounds riddled its body, and it had a few feathers missing.

Qing Ping yelled. "Brothers, it worked. Let's combine the attacks again."

'Ice Mountain'

'Earth Dragon'

'Stone Cannon'

'Fireball'

'Lightning Barage'

'Lightning Lash'

The griffin noticed the attack and counterattacked again.

'Icicles'

'Lightning Surge'

The attacks clashed again causing an explosion. But the griffin was smart enough to escape from the blast this time and followed up with attacks.

'Icicles'

'Lightning Surge'

The cultivators also used their counterattacks, creating a stalemate.

The battle had entered the next stage, from domain to skills, and now a battle of endurance.

***

Ten minutes later

Huff! Huff! Huff!

The cultivators were exhausted, and their Qi was about to run out. But the griffin still had plenty left.

Now, the level of cultivation was exhibiting its advantage.

Bai Hua commented. "Brothers, we can't continue like this."

"Indeed, we can only go all out now."

Others agreed.

'Ice Mountain'

'Earth Dragon'

'Stone Cannon'

'Fireball'

'Lightning Barage'

'Lightning Lash'

They attacked again. But the griffin managed to deal with it.

"You are first." The griffin dashed toward Bai Hua with smugness.

The griffin was only a meter away from Bai Hua. It could taste the victory.

Suddenly, a massive spike protruded from Bai Hua's shadow.

The sudden change of events caught the griffin off guard. It wanted to dodge the spike. But there was not enough time.

Shluk!

The griffin lodged itself into the spike, and it managed to pierce the heart.

'Shadow Spike'x20

More spikes pierced the griffin, and one managed to pierce the jewels. (I'm not a sadist, guys. I swear)

Screechhhhhhhh!

The griffin let its last screech before dying.

Afterward, Fang Meng looked around and saw the dead body of Wang Hong.

He apologized. "I'm sorry, everyone. I was not fast enough."

However, Bai Hua interjected. "It's not your fault, brother Fang. You saved all of us and rushed here as soon as possible. But, we were not strong enough."

Everyone lowered their head because they knew he was right.

"That's not true. You guys managed to hold the beast here, saving god knows how many lives."

"You guys replenish your Qi. I'll help others on the frontlines."

Fang Meng flew to the front.

***

The wyvern heard the final screech of the griffin, and it was even more enraged.

The wyvern roared. "You ants. I'll make sure to wipe out your entire species after I'm done with this rat."

'Ice Arrow'

Multiple arrows lunged toward the duo.

'Solar Wave'

An enormous wave of fire shot toward the arrows.

Soon, the arrows came in contact with the wave and started melting. By the time they crossed the wave, their size had decreased by 3 times.

'Vigor'

Their body strengthened by 30 times, and their defense increased by 3x.

Clang! Clang! Clang!

The arrows landed on them, but not a single scratch could be seen in their body.

The Wyvern was slightly surprised by their sturdy body. "So you are not an ordinary ant. But it doesn't matter. I can crush you if I step hard enough."

The wyvern preparing to attack.

Suddenly, Grim spoke. "Finally, you guys are here."

[Evo points left: 10,444,750]

7