006
20 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

006 - extinction and evolution

I speed up time and almost immediately I see an asteroid crash and the entire planet appears to burn for a few moments before going out and slowly starting to return to normal. I decided to head out, while waiting for the planet to recover. 

By the time I went out, it was late afternoon and for some reason it looked very quiet today but I didn't really care.

Along the way I only met a few people, who were very worried about something and because their minds were so tangled, I was too lazy to investigate. 

When I got to the nearest convenience store to buy some snacks and drinks, I saw the news about what happened.

"...this morning.. ... ..has.... .... Which.... More than... People have injuries and... broken bones... ... . ... Hundreds of people were reported to have fainted due to lack of oxygen... ... ... People were complaining of shortness of breath... according to some witnesses they saw something in... ... like... ... . .No fatalities were reported.. .. .. However.. . . .

"Uh..." Just stood there for a few seconds before regaining consciousness, knowing that no one had died because of my actions. "Ha" I sighed and immediately went home after paying for my groceries.

When I got home I started checking the news again and really made sure no one died because of me, then I felt better. I also did some other searches and looked at people's comments on the internet, all sorts of discussions and opinions which scared me a bit..

"Ha.. Never mind.." After several hours of surfing the internet, I decided to stop and just check the state of the planet.

... 

'hm?..' I saw that greenery had swept across the planet once again. Curious, I started to slow down time and check the progress.

I saw that various more complex beings had appeared but with slightly distorted forms. They looked very different from what existed on Earth even in ancient times.

'Hm.. How come?' after observing for a while, I accidentally saw that some of the strange creatures were still surviving. 

'Uh.. Still scary as before' I immediately averted my attention from their slimy bodies which were full of holes, like pores that almost covered their entire bodies. 

So, I decided to make another extinction event happen, but this time from the planet itself. I saw lots of small volcanic eruptions and even some big ones but mostly just regional ones. 

I slowed down time and made lava deep below the planet's surface agitated and then I created giant lava bubbles. I did a bit of research beforehand what would be a global scale volcanic eruption and I made similar bubble sizes. 

I fast-forwarded time and saw the entire planet burning and at one point melting even for a long time. After what feels like hours and I'm still waiting, even at maximum time acceleration. 

I was getting tired of waiting and decided to return to the real world, but before that I filled the entire planet with energy and left.

"Ha..." I sighed and went to sleep. Actually I don't feel sleepy or hungry anymore now that I'm really connected to this universe. 

I sleep because I can, sleep normally without thinking anything crazy, just sleep.

... 

The next morning, I woke up feeling better and after doing a few things, I went straight in to check the planets.

I heaved a sigh of relief, when I saw that plants had taken over the planet once again. After slowing down time, I took a closer look to check out the creatures that had been born on this planet and to my surprise they looked like dinosaurs. There are some obvious differences but they look somewhat similar.

After a few minutes of randomly checking all over the planets and finding no trace of those strange creatures, I was relieved. This time I didn't have to use the asteroids I had prepared.

... 

This planet has 7 continents, the middle continent is the biggest followed by the continent on the west. While the other continents have a relatively small size, compared to the central and western continents. 

When I was surveying the western continent, I saw a very interesting creature. the creature looks like a giant lizard the size of a large truck and can spit fire from its mouth like certain creatures. Somewhat similar to Ankylosaurus but without the hammer tail and spines.

The creature easily rips through the flesh of its prey and appears to be a carnivore. after observing the creature for some time, I know he lives on the slopes of a volcano and he is not alone. He and his flock had made their nest in these mountains, though they seemed to be keeping their distance from each other.

I kept following him until he entered a big cave under the volcano. Looking at him I wondered why he didn't have wings when it would be perfect if he did.

'Hm?.. What if I could give him one?.. Hehe, that would be perfect.. ' with an idea in mind, I left my universe and did a little research on how to change animal genetics.

Because I can zoom to the molecular level and it only takes a little effort, so I thought it would be perfect. but.. I immediately gave up on doing it because it looked really troublesome and I have to admit, it was beyond my ability 'tch..'. 

But after a while, the word *evolution* gave me a better and more feasible idea. After a bit of searching, I jumped right in and looked for it. 

...

Back at the creature, I then picked it up, making it very surprised and thrashing. ignoring his resistance, I took him outside, quite far from the mountains and started to try out my crazy idea. Instead of changing the genetics of an animal you don't understand, why not just help it evolve? 

What I need to do, is to speed up its cell division. The birth and evolution of a species takes a long time, and speeds up cell division and reproduction, equivalent to Speeding up the evolution of species! 

So I started to create some kind of barrier around the creature and started to speed up its cell division a thousand times. Actually accelerating cell division means greatly accelerating the age of an organism, but that doesn't matter because I also give it sufficient *life* energy. 

The creature had stopped fighting and started curling up into a fetal position, as its body began to undergo changes. Because the size is starting to increase, so I have to adjust the size of the shield as well.

Through its thoughts I could tell it was in pain at first, but after a while it calmed down and even I can feel his thoughts also began to change in a certain way. 

After a few minutes, the creature's growth started to slow down, so I started to slow down its cell division, until it returned to normal. And after a few seconds, he opened his eyes and started struggling to get out. 

So, I removed the shield and "BOOM..."

A powerful burst of energy destroyed the surrounding area and with this the apex predator was born. 

"GRUOOAAAAAHHHHH!!!"

1