Chapter 11 – 2 | It Started With A Slime (2)
126 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The trio of slime, wolf, and golem are chasing men dressed in black suits with sunglasses and stern faces. Can someone explain what happened here? Clairvoyance?

I hear a ping to let me know that Menu’s Codex tab has been updated. A peek at it shows me that a new function of Codex has been unlocked as needed. It shows a flashback with a video that plays in my head.

I see in the flashback a scene of the tiny trio hanging around a playground with some kids that are local to the lower city streets. I recognize that playground myself as I passed by it several times when I was younger. A lot of kids called it the Deathtrap since it was in such horrendous condition.

The slide had rough edges and splinters, the monkey ladders had cracks and loose screws, and the merry-go-round had rust that made it difficult to smoothly turn. Fun memories.

The kids are playing innocently with Fu assuming him to be a puppy, and that Mu is some sort of slime looking toy in Pip’s hands. As for Pip the golem he seems indistinguishable from other kids if one ignores the stone exterior under his clothes so they play with him too.

It’ll be a good thing for him to interact with the kids and learn to blend in properly like the mimic he is. Though I’m a little worried that their true identities will be leaked like this. But then again, these are just kids so how much damage can they spread?

The moment I am waiting for in the flashback occurs as some men in conspicuous black suits walk up barking at the kids to get lost from the site. They mention that the playground is now property of an M. Liberach and is designated for deconstruction.

The kids seem to be aware of this and protest with words until one of them slings mud at one of the adults. The mud hits his chest with a splatter and he gets annoyed. He sends a kick to the kid caving his stomach in.

The kid gets knocked back into a sandbox and he cradles his side in pain. Mu jumps into the commotion and flays around in disapproval. Pip who has registered Mu as his master translates for him.

Pip 「 Master says that these kids are now under his wing, and no one is allowed to bully them as they please. So he says. 」

Mu orders around Fu and Pip to deal with the adults. Fu reveals his true power as he grows in size to be a proper wolf while Pip mimics his form and power. Their levels and stats should be slightly higher than an adults.

The sight of two wolves scares the men as they slowly back away revealing fear and caution. It’s like their previous behavior in front of the kids was a facade. The men make a mad dash to escape so the slime trio chase them down, leading back to the present situation where the men are backed into a corner by two wolves and a slime.

Should I mediate the situation? No way. I’ll just keep watching the show. I trust Mu to handle this after he’s seen how I roll. Pip reverts back to kid form so he can translate.

Pip 「 Master states that you’re lives are now forfeit, and has graced you with a second chance. Get lost and never come back, is how he puts it. 」

How accurate is that translation exactly? I mean Mu can’t articulate his feelings into proper words after all. I know because I’ve tried to read his mind. Pip must be embellishing it because it works.

The men scramble away back to where they came from. I have a feeling that we’ll see those men again some time. I should look into this M. Liberach, I just have a feeling.

The slime trio makes it back to the playground where the kids are trying to console the one who got kicked over. The kid is wailing so Fu trots up to lick his wounds. I don’t suppose wolf spit has any healing properties?

I warp over to a blind-spot and walk out. The kids are visibly shaken up at my appearance so I give my best hero-ish smile to calm them down. Maybe it’s my young age but they let out a breath of relief and turn their attentions back to the wailing kid.

Becca 「 Let me take a look. I know first aid. 」

The kids make way so I can treat the wound. I apply gauze that I grabbed out of my Inventory and secretly cast recovery magic. At the same time I send a signal to the slime group to slip away before any questions can arise.

Becca 「 What happened to him? This is a big bruise. 」

One of the senior kids explains that an adult in a suit approached them and talked about taking away the park. I already know what is going on but I play it off like I’m some random by-passer.

Becca 「 Did someone buy up the rights to the park? You know anything about him? 」

Kid 「 The Sister would know more. You can ask her. 」

Becca 「 Sister? What sister? 」

Kid 「 Sister Therese. She knows everything can goes on here. 」

Becca 「 Of course it would be Sister Therese. 」

That’s a name I haven’t heard in a little bit. She was the caretaker of an orphanage that I’m familiar with. That must mean that…

Becca 「 Are you kids from the Stone Bridge Orphanage? 」

Kid 「 How did you know miss? 」

Becca 「 Because I grew up there too. 」

4