Chapter 4 – 5 | The City of Realight Part 3 (5)
596 5 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It looks like words would be wasted on this fight, so Envie the demon while possessing Alice’s body stares me down. Honestly, I thought about my chances of winning and while it won’t be easy, I’m sure I can prevail.

The first problem is the fact that the demon is possessing Alice, an innocent girl in this whole dilemma. Envie knows this as well so she is waiting to see if I’m willing to endanger Alice’s life.

So that’s why I’m going to use holy magic, created through a new Holy Magic Skill.

Becca Purification.

I feel like an exorcist trying to ward away demons but the holy magic takes affect. Alice screams in pain as a shadow of a demon emerges from her body for a brief second. The image of a demon is a pale woman with short dark hair and devilish horns on the sides of her head. The demon writhes in pain then goes back inside Alice.

The purification spell is meant to hurt only evil unholy existences, in this case the demon, while saving the host from harm. It looks like it was effective but not strong enough.

Demon You are a priestess as well? You humans and your dirty tricks.

Becca Says the demon hiding behind a little girl. Why don’t you come out already?

Alice’s body convulses and she grows horns and wings like a devil. Her body is starting to resemble a demon’s now with claws and a tail. The possession is strengthening, likely to prevent her losing control of Alice again.

Demon I will crush you like the insect you are.

Becca Demons are parasites when you think of it.

That hurt her pride. The demon’s wings flap and she bursts forth with the wind towards me. I try to dodge but her movement is faster than I expected. A claw gouges my shoulder.

It stings like burning needles but I cast a healing spell. With the Restoration Magic skill I can restore my injury back to a previous uninjured state. The pain disappears quickly almost like, well like magic.

Demon So you can heal. But if I can separate your head you won’t be able to heal that so easily.

The demon’s attacks continue as she zooms around the room from corner to corner. I can’t even keep up with my eyes anymore and all I can do is sense her mana to find her.

She closes in from behind so I crouch down, a claw cutting through my hair. She sends a kick downward at me so I raise my arms to protect myself. The force of the kick sends shivers down my arms momentarily paralyzing them. My feet sink in due to the force I just took from that simple kick.

The demon’s toying with me. She grins seeing me just barely sustain damage from what appears to be a light attack.

Because of my stats you could consider me to be 10 times stronger than the average soldier, but the demon is like 15 times stronger at level 150.

If I’m falling behind in terms of raw power then I just need to bridge that gap through skills.

Becca Boost 2X.

It’s a simple idea that I’ve read about in many hero stories. In the face of challenges, the hero gets a temporary boost in power. In my case, the Boost skill lets me multiply my base stats by 2. So now my power is on par with a level 200 being.

The demon’s tail lashes at me but this time I can see it moving. I grab the tail with some force and toss her aside. The demon is visibly shaken at the sudden increase in my speed and power.

Becca Thanks to Boost 2X, I’m twice as powerful. Now you can’t defeat me.

Demon What kind of magic is that? I’ve never seen it in all my years!

Becca Of course you haven’t. I just made it right now. By the way, it stays active for as long as I want it to.

Demon That’s cheating!

Yeah I think so too. There’s practically no limit to the skills I can create through Realization. The power of imagination is scary.

Demon In that case … Ice Javelin! If direct attacks are useless, I’ll destroy you through magic!

She propels a giant icicle made through magic but I just open up a wormhole in space and send it back to her. She destroys it with her bare hands.

Demon What was that?!

Becca Spacial magic, Portal. Anything that goes in can come out where and when I want.

Demon Space magic? That’s a lost ancient magic, how …?

In the moment she is stunned I use warp to take her back. I place a hand on her shoulder and use the mana drain trick. As a level 150 demon she naturally has a lot of mana, but I can draw out more mana through direct contact.

Demon My mana? What are you up to?

Her tail swipe pushes me off of her. She has loads of mana so draining it to tire her out doesn’t seem like it will work. But if I beat her up as is there’s the real danger that Alice’s body will get destroyed in the process.

In that case, time to make new skills. If direct purification doesn’t work then I’ll try something else. I just need two skills.

7