Chapter 12 – 2 Verbeau, Capital of Yorland (2)
101 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It’s a beautiful day in the other world of Arcoul.

Hello everyone, your favorite otherworldly hero Becca is here!

Well, a lot has been going on but things have settled down on Earth so I have a rare moment of peace. And with that our journey through Arcoul will recommence as planned.

Some might think I was too busy playing around on Earth but I haven’t neglected Arcoul in all that time. Let me refresh your memory.

I bought a caravan trailer as I said before and brought it to the other world. It has all the amenities you’d expect like snacks, shower, gaming systems, and a Gate leading back to Earth.

The magic gate acts like a doorway but also serves as my physical embodiment. The map expands automatically like I was there sitting in the trailer even if I’m actually not there.

So this whole time I’ve been on Earth the Gate has been driven around Arcoul by my automated driver, all while growing my Map and creating new Warp points. The exploration of Arcoul has been proceeding smoothly while I was playing around.

The driver is an artificial doll I created similar to that time I trained Cheshyr with those training dummies. This driver I poured more effort into and imbued more life force into, making it like a highly advanced android.

It’s name is… Sebastien! Frankly I couldn’t come up with a better name so I just ripped off the name of some grey-haired butler that you might see in a noble mansion or two.

Sebastien is not just a name, it is a status symbol; the highest class of servant that is distinguished in all realms.

It’s just too bad that my Sebastien isn’t some dandy elder gentleman, he’s really just a robotic doll created through Crafting and Qi.

I wonder if the cultivators of Earth have dolls like these. I should ask Lee when I get a chance and expand my technique in making living dolls. One day I hope to give it a consciousness, maybe turn it into something similar to Pip.

Sebastien’s primary function is to ferry us across the world of Arcoul and through the countryside of Yorland. The work hours are not flexible and the pay is negligible. If he had a mind of his own I’d be drowned in his complaints.

Anyway, I’m continuing the journey through Arcoul and looking back now, It’s been a while since I departed from Realight City with the sisters Cheshyr and Alice, and the demon Envie.

I came up with some half-baked plan to visit Yorland’s capital known as Verbeau under the pretense of hitting up the Keepers guild headquarters. I’ve gotten some serious achievements under my belt in Yorland since then.

I subdued the demon Envie and turned her into my maid back in Realight. She insists that I’m her precious princess of the Demon King, although I haven’t heard her mention that lately so maybe she’s dropped the issue.

Convincing her I’m not the reincarnation of the princess is too much hassle so I’ve ignored it for now. Deep down I’m still worried, what if we happen to run into any demon royalty, will my identity be exposed? I’ll deal with it then I guess.

I also solved an epidemic in Frosthill that was caused by a nefarious Exile Guild and gained the Hero class. I wonder if getting the Hero class is anything special in this world or the Yorland country?

Then again I gained the hero class pretty easily so maybe it’s a more common class than I thought.

And lastly I saved the city of Wahlburg from some crazed Wyvern dragons. I even had some tea with Granny Abaleyn, who was once called the Dragon God. I wonder how the old lady is doing?

She remarked off-hand that I was free to visit her anytime I want whether for pleasantry or business. She probably knows I can warp back and forth as I please, so I should make a note to not make her wait too long.

It’s absolutely not because she is super scary strong that I’m listening to her. It’s more to do with her status being hidden so there’s too many unknowns to engage her in combat. It’s best I get along with her and avoid provoking her.

If it somehow comes down to a conflict I guess I have a few hands I can try. For instance there’s the Vorpal Knife, sharpest blade that I know of. Can the knife scratch a god, I’m not so sure but let’s hope I don’t find out soon.

I’m getting a bit off-topic

Like I said, my current objective is to find the Keepers Guild headquarters situated in the capital of Yorland, Verbeau. Once there I might have to twist an arm or two to get my rank up.

Cheshyr would say, is it worth it to have a higher rank? But think of it from my perspective, what sort of hero would remain at the lowly Glass Rank in the Keepers Guild? I already skipped past Stone and Clay rank, but Glass rank is the limit for forcefully raising my rank.

According to Baroness Mirenda, her authority over Realight City’s Keepers Guild allows her to bypass the Guild’s rules to upgrade my rank. Unfortunately she can only raise it up to Glass Rank or else the headquarters will investigate her for corruption and abuse of power.

The rank above Glass, or Metal Rank Keepers, is the starting line to distinguish the famous Keepers from riff-raff. It’s sort of like B-rank, if the ranking system used letters, assuming the next ranks of Volcanic and Star Keeper is equal to A and S rank.

Staying as a Glass Rank or C-Rank doesn’t fit my station at all. It might sound like vanity but I don’t want my heroic stories to be marred by my low rank. At the very least I want to get to Metal so I can join the country’s elites.

According to the Keepers Guild in Realight City, a Keeper can only increase their rank after accomplishing a number of requests and passing a practical exam. As a hero I’m too busy to be bothered with the formalities.

So once I’m at Verbeau’s Keepers Guild HQ I’ll figure out how to get Metal Rank even if I have to use my cunning ways.

After that? Well I’ll settle on another goal once I get more recognition. I’m positive that more quests will be thrown my way if I can show off at the capital. Maybe the king will send me on some epic quest.

For the sake of having more fun adventures it’s time to storm the capital!

Becca 「 Sebastien, how much further is Verbeau? 」

The driving doll begins listing digits in the vein of kilometers so I have it convert the distance to time to better grasp. It does a calculation based on our travel rate and lets me know that we are 4 hours away.

The trailer is already quite fast compared to horse-drawn carriages, but 4 hours? I go back through the Gate to Earth while Sebastien continues driving to the destination. Should I use the Crafting skill to give the trailer some flight capacity?

Putting aside if that’s feasible, that would probably not be constructive. Do airships exist in Arcoul?

Envie, who was waiting at all odd hours for my return, chirps in that airships used to exist centuries ago but the technology was lost. Of the few working airships only a few key personnel have access to it, including royalty, guild-masters, and corporation heads.

It’s called an airship, so maybe I could rig a boat from Earth and turn it into an airship. There’s 4 hours of free time so I might as well give it a try.

4 hours later, I somehow created an airship, something that’s alluded Yorland’s best craftsmen for hundreds of years.

1