Chapter 12 – 3 Verbeau, Capital of Yorland (3)
93 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Standing on a brand new boat, the salty sea air you would expect is nowhere to be found. On the bow of the ship, I’m tempted to reenact the pose of a famous sinking ship’s couple. I won’t actually do it since it’s embarrassing and the fall is a few meters.

Like I stated previously, I’m attempting to build an airship. I went and warped to a pier on Earth, paid some guy for his old ship and while his head was down counting the cash, zipped out of there with the ship. Too bad I’ll miss his expression once he looks back.

The ship barely managed to fit in the underground workshop. I still had some materials from when I made the forge so I used the scraps of metal and wood to craft a makeover for the ship.

I found some sketches of fantasy airships online from some popular artists and game designers. With that as reference I add decorations to the ship and make it into a genuine looking airship.

After that is to enchant it with magic and turn it into a magic tool like my coffee machine. I enchant the ship with space magic that nullifies gravity to keep it afloat, and also enchant the sails with space displacing magic. On top of those I also add an option to generate an air bubble in case the ship needs to navigate deep underwater.

Everything is simple up to that point except that it needs a magic power source as its consumption is costly. Mana isn’t like electricity that can be generated so I need a container. But I don’t have a clue on how to make a decent mana container. I could just stuff mana into random materials and figure out which has the highest capacity?

But then I remember that I once saw something like a container, the Mana Reservoir skill. Back when I met Brigid and saw her battle with the Wyvern, I noticed her strange skill.

Her fighting style consisted entirely of relying on her huge mana pool and using Healing Light magic to compete in a war of attrition. She was like a zombie that wouldn’t die as long as she didn’t run out of mana.

Her skill Mana Reservoir was capable of storing mana at an increased rate and held a high upper limit to capacity. That kind of skill is exactly what I need in a mana battery.

Should I ask her to be the ship’s battery and hook her up to it?

Before I do that I might as give another idea of mine a try. I grab a normal looking rock and try to pass a skill onto it.

It’s something I once considered, Pip the little boy with the rare Mimic class, also has Golem listed for its race. The boy who gives off a quiet and unconcerned look as he follows Mu the slime, is actually an example of a living growing stone Golem.

And what are Golems? According to Envie they are a race of magic rock that have a consciousness. In simpler terms you could say that they’re a rock with intelligence and skills.

So here’s the kicker, what if I could use Skill Transfer and give skills to a rock? It’s not as far-fetched as it sounds considering Pip is made of stone but he can mimic someone’s skills. How does that work?

Chalk it up to magic!

I tried it without holding any real hope but it went well, easier than I expected. The rock shines as a sign of it accepting my magic enchantment and I use Analysis on it.

Object: Rock
Classification: Magic Tool

Skills: Mana Reservoir

The rock actually has a skill now. I can tell even without the status screen as I can sense the mana in the air rushing towards it like water down a drain. Now if I can create a few more mana batteries like this I can power the airship no problem.

I bet I could save on airplane costs and use it on Earth. Making the airship invisible with illusion magic is a given of course.

I do have a feeling that the detective Reina or lawyer Julia will have a stern word for me. Perhaps the secret societies offer some license for flying back on Earth?

Now that my airship is ready let’s check in on Sebastien and see if the trailer has arrived at Verbeau. I cast Clairvoyance in conjunction with the Party menu and view a real-time feed.

Sebastien has apparently arrived and parked at a hill with a nice overview of Verbeau. I warp over to check on the trailer and the driver.

Sebastien is capable of following orders but is far too autonomous to react to situations. He is under orders to contact me with a magic tool should the trailer sustain damage or obstructions.

Everything seems fine at a glance but I notice that the back of the trailer has snagged on some vines and tree branches. Sebastien must have driven through quite a lot of roadside trash to get this bad, but I guess it didn’t register since the vehicle could continue operating.

Looking closer, there’s something among the debris the trailer dragged along.

There’s a shadow of a person. On closer look, I think it is a person.

Are they dead? Did the trailer run over them? Come to think of it the trailer has both illusion magic cast on it to hide it and a psychic barrier to conceal noises.

It’s possible this person or corpse didn’t even see anything by the time it realized the vehicle was approaching. Sebastien ran through them like a train without realizing it.

I put my hands together solemnly to pray for this poor soul. Maybe the Goddess or some other will have pity on them and reincarnate them in another world?

Regardless I will pray for them before I dump the body in a deep lake.

「 I’m not dead! Hey! Don’t just write me off like that! 」

What fortune, I think as I click my frustrated tongue. The person wrapped up in roots and branches is still breathing it seems. The body— I mean, person, exclaimed in a ruckus when I tried to dump him.

I ripped off the debris tying him down and examined him. He gives me the vibe of a shut-in with his pale dry skin and dark circles under his eyes.

His clothes are in disarray and his disheveled hair make him appear sloppy. It’s possible that’s not because of the accident, and rather just his natural style?

He gasps for air and shows the relieved face of someone rescued from drowning.

「 Thanks friend. That strange metal creature appeared out of nowhere and assaulted me. I was trapped and dragged until you freed me. Again, my thanks. What do they call you? 」

So he failed to recognize the trailer as being a vehicle, instead thinking it a monster of sorts that went wild until I stopped it. Maybe now’s not the best time to correct him. Time to put on my best salesman’s smile.

Becca 「 Me? I’m Becca, your friendly otherworldly hero. 」

The man’s eyes widen in shock, more so than I was hoping for.

「 The hero, you say?! The one spoken of by the Oracle? 」

Hang on, Oracle? Didn’t I just hear about one on Earth? Don’t tell me the world of Arcoul has one too? Great, now there are two perverted Oracles watching me from who knows where.

2