Chapter 13 – 2 Verbeau, Capital of Yorland Part 2 (2)
76 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Guild HQ of the Keepers, this organization of handymen extends to all corners of the country. New recruits and unremarkable Keepers hold ranks around Clay, Stone, and Glass Rank, which denotes just how brittle they are.

Above that are Metal, Volcanic, and Star Rank, the kind of Keeper made of tougher material. Some might call them the big leagues, but Metal is just the start. Within Metal Rank exists further delineation such as bronze, silver, and gold metal ranked Keepers.

Beyond that rank are the existences that number less than 100, the absolute powerhouses of the guild. Keepers Volcanic and Star ranked would be equal to A and S ranks if we were going by game logic.

Moving top rankers like them takes either considerable rewards or big enough threats to warrant intervention.

I’m hoping that I can bump my rank up to at least Gold Metal or beyond. By then the mere mention of my Keeper rank can earn me prestige and respect anywhere I go.

I strode inside all confident like with light steps only to be greeted with a confounding sight.

In the guild was a muscular bald man, flexing his large arms and bare chest. The man’s face seemed exuberant and his mustache curled with his smile. Rows of shining teeth sparkled and left a strong impression on me.

Beside the bald muscular man was a similarly large man in a fur vest leaving his chest and arms exposed. The man had hair like a brown thornbush with a stubble on his face, and his wall of muscles was decorated with scars of varying shapes and sizes.

This bear-like man was glaring at the bald bodybuilder flexing his shirtless chest. His expression resembled Alice when she was fed a sour candy once.

…Can someone please explain what I’ve walked into? The amount of muscle flexing has reached critical levels and overloaded my thoughts.

The posing bodybuilder turns to me with his blinding smile and speaks out in a low voice with a slight accent.

「 My, who is this? Little girls, are you looking for the Keepers Guild HQ? Or do you have business here? If not then you might be lost. 」

The gruff grizzly man speaks in annoyance.

「 As if someone can get so lost that they enter the Keepers guild. Or haven’t you seen the huge gaudy sign out front? 」

「 You shouldn’t speak so harshly to children, Greyorg. A true gentlemen has equal parts savagery and sophistry. 」

Greyorg 「 Says you, Jyorven. A man doesn’t need anything but his axe and some prime meat. 」

I make an internal label on these two. Jyorven, the dandy flexer that proves a jock can also be a gentleman. And Greyorg, a barbarian that lives to hunt and consume meat.

Jyorven 「 This is exactly the reason why you’ll never reach mastery in Body Reinforcement. At this rate I’ll be the reigning guildmaster in no time. 」

Greyorg 「 So what if you just recently attained mastery in your stupid skill. My Axe Mastery will still knock you senseless! And then we’ll see who becomes the true guildmaster. 」

Seems that I caught them in the middle of some bodybuilding competition. Meatheads comparing muscles, that actually explains all my questions. It also looks like they are in a race to become guildmaster.

The skills Body Reinforcement and Axe Mastery are basic skills that most warriors can learn, with both starting at level 1 on acquisition. Body Reinforcement can increase the body’s vitality and toughen the muscles. Axe Mastery increases strength when using axes and allows deft usage of any sort of heavy-edged weapon.

Training and insight can increase the level of these basic warrior skills and higher mastery can bring astounding effects. Jyorven was showing off his new level of skill earlier causing Greyorg’s mood to sour.

Jyorven 「 Oh? Isn’t that little Brigid? When did you arrive in the capital? 」

My companion Brigid, the self-proclaimed knight that serves the gorgeous women of both worlds. Shockingly, she has an acquaintance here in Verbeau’s Keepers Guild.

And more surprising is that this man-hater and connoisseur of adult oriented sites knows this large dandy man. Jyorven’s countenance brightens and he jovially welcomes Brigid.

Brigid 「 Don’t talk to me. The stench of man-sweat nauseates me. 」

This coming from the airhead that actually used my credit card to order a girl’s bathwater. If only she could sense the disdain I have for her. Maybe she would reconsider spending my money on such ridiculous things.

Jyorven 「 Did you hear that brother Greyorg?! Our dear sweet little sister has become so brutish! Where did we go wrong? 」

Breaking news! Jyorven and Greyorg are in reality Brigid’s brothers. The whole beefhead family has gathered here today. Jyorven sports an aggrieved look due to her words.

Brigid never told us she had brothers in the capital Keeper Guild. She only ever mentioned she was registered as Keeper some time ago.

Brigid 「 What did you think would happen if you made a little girl workout so much that all the boys called me she-man! 」

Greyorg 「 We just wanted to show you the appeal of muscles! Didn’t you enjoy joining our post-workout sauna sweats? 」

Brigid seems furious and indignant, her face is red with embarrassment. This is a first. This voyeuristic pervert has a sense of shame?

Brigid 「 Which girl would be thrilled to get stuck in a hot and stuffy room with sweaty ugly men… 」

I can imagine it from the tears and the bitterness in her voice, the kinds of injustice she suffered in her youth. Her brothers who only have meat and muscles on the brain dragged a young Brigid into workout sessions.

She gained a ripped body which probably scared off all the boys. On top of that she likely developed a trauma being squeezed into a sauna of big swollen men. Her hatred of men almost seems justified.

Maybe she turned into a girl loving maniac all because of this?

3