Chapter 10 – 3 | St. Esclaire’s Secret (3)
141 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ralph and Carl who have a secretive rendezvous late in the school day have led me to the girl’s changing room. No words can describe my feelings, my disappointment is immeasurable.

I had all kinds of expectations like secret cults, fight clubs, ancient burial grounds, but this? I mean, I guess there are bound to be these kinds of people. I hear the girls back home watching through the Menu. It kind of occurred when I decided on a whim to combine Clairvoyance with Menu. The resulting current Monitor Tab allows the girls to have a better viewing experience shadowing me. They express their disapproval and vote for the two boys’ execution.

Brigid seems more interested in getting a closer look at their crimes and urges me to see what has their attention. I get the feeling that she’s about to have a nosebleed if I show her that scene. Alice is too young to understand the intricacies so Lina serves some snacks to draw her attention. Laura throws a comment that the boys’ sneaking skills are subpar.

These girls are enjoying the show but I’m having a headache. Looks like I have to stop them don’t I? But that would arouse their suspicion of me. As I’m pondering if I should just karate chop the backs of their necks at breakneck speed, a commotion from the girls spectating in my mind breaks out.

Did the girls in the changing room discover the peeping toms? Nope. The boys have actually walked up to the door and entered it. The heck? Are they trying to get caught?

Just as I start to expect to hear a girl screaming, nothing happens, just silence. Could they be master ninjas like Laura or have maxed out stealth skills? I cast an illusion spell to mask my presence and move closer to the window. I peer inside and find that the room is full of ripe girls changing clothes and other stuff that I have to censor for good little boys and girls. I can hear Brigid getting excited from the sight and Envie hauling her outside to quiet her down through force.

No sign of the boys. I thought they entered the room? Maybe it was a different door. But this building is supposed to only have the changing room and the showers. If they didn’t enter the changing room, then are they in the shower room?

I sneak around to the door and find the shower room door. Peering in, I don’t see any signs of people. If only I was like some hunter or detective that could follow traces. Hold on, maybe I can sense them.

Let’s see, of the skills and powers I have, I think my Mastery of Qi skill best fits. The skill allows me to feel and use Qi, the energy of the heavens and mortals that martial artists of legend use. From the books and stories I’ve read, all people have Qi residing in their body.

I extend my senses and feel the presence of two young males that walked through here recently. Following the tracks leads me to a shower head but no one in sight. Normal people wouldn’t notice anything but my superhuman perception picks up that there’s a hidden mechanism in this shower head. With a twist of the shower head, the nearby wall silently reveals a hidden entrance big enough for a person to slip through.

It’s possible that these boys aren’t actually perverts like I assumed. I’ll apologize mentally since I don’t feel like admitting it to their faces. That raises the question of what those boys are up to using this secret entrance and why something like this exists at the school.

I head in making sure I my presence is still concealed with magic. I can sense some living presences deeper in the dark corridors. A light at the end peers out from a gap in the door. I can’t open it or it might alert someone so I focus my psychic energy to my eyes and give my vision x-ray properties.

I can see that the room beyond this door has a round table and a monitor on the wall, it reminds me of some secret headquarters in a cave. Carl and Ralph are seated by the table and close to the monitor is an older man with gray hair.

Hang on, isn’t that the school’s principal? I recognize his appearance since I saw his photo in Pheibe the nurse’s room. He has round glass frames and a stubble making him look scholarly. If I recall, his name was Mr. Gorden.

I strain my ears and pick up what they’re saying.

Carl 「 Principal! Is David going to be alright? 」

Principal Gorden 「 Relax Carl. David is going to pull through. HQ sent a professional to take a look at his injuries. He’s in good hands. 」

Ralph 「 That’s a relief. That just leaves taking revenge for him. 」

Carl 「 Yeah! 」

Principal Gorden 「 Calm down, boys. Things aren’t so simple. We don’t have much info on the entity that assaulted David. It would be suicide to send you two into the dark. 」

Sounds like David was attacked after all, only it was by some sort of “entity” whatever that means.

Ralph 「 We can’t just do nothing! That thing could attack the students one of these days. 」

Principal Gorden 「 That’s why I’ve set a curfew up. As long as we keep an eye out, we should be able to prevent more tragedies. 」

Carl 「 I won’t rest until we get this sucker ourselves! 」

I’m getting the picture that this little club of theirs is hunting down something dangerous and protecting the campus. Is it one of those kind of stories?

Principal Gorden 「 Did you forget what they taught you in training? As one of the Bleak Moon society members, our duty is first and foremost to stand watch over the unseen world. It’s not ours to fight but to offer logistics and support to the hunting societies. 」

Carl 「 Curses! If only we had tomes on magic, we could fight against entities like the Wizards society does. 」

Okay, I need a moment to digest all this. This place is on Earth, right? Map shows that I’m not wrong. This place is indeed St. Esclaire’s private school on planet Earth. Am I in the right dimension? I don’t think I crossed over or anything.

That means, this is all happening here on Earth. What the heck. When did my home planet turn into a story of magic and monsters and secret societies? Let’s not jump to conclusions there Becca. Maybe these guys are just discussing a story for some DnD campaign, and this elaborate hideout is just part of the principal’s hobby.

Nevermind, that doesn’t sound like it either. I wanted to look for some exciting trouble on Earth and this is what I found, a big secret hidden right here at home? Why not just stay here if I need some excitement?

3