Chapter 21 | Airu VS Krawel (1)
189 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

{third person pov}

It was 10 now. The number of people one could see on the Colosseum was decent. It was full, to say the least. Many high-rank Marquesses and even one Duke can be seen. It was the Duke Cicile. 

“Hello everyone! I'm Dillian Forge, also many of you know me as one of three aces of the Dulan Empire. Today~ I am here as a host for this duel!“

“And... I'm Lopa Collis, Cardinal of the Church of Virtue. I am also another host for this duel. I will be responsible for any kind of injuries possible.“

“Now now now~. Let us put off the introductory. For those worried that there a participant's attack might hit you, no worries! I and a lot of other capable mages put together a barrier. So, no worries.“

After a minor discussion with the crowd, everything was now in place. 

“Now, from the South Gate, we have one of our 3 aces from the Dulan Empire, Karvin Krawel!“

The crowd burst out with cheers. They understood they were going to see a minor show by one of the tops of humanity.

“And, from West Gate, we have a student from the Allied Academy. He is known for beating a grade 5 demon by himself, Airu Deathsborn!“

This time there was no cheering rather just a lot of booing. But not everyone was booing some just stayed silent, and some were confused. Why? Due to his name, Deathsborn. It was a name nobody ever heard. And many even doubted whether it was a noble name. But all of those reactions subsided as Airu was coming out of the large hallway. 

He had his usually untouched long black hair tied up in a ponytail and the front was also done... well enough. He wore white clothes with black light body armor that just covered a few vital points with a white pant with black colored equipment attached to them. He also wore a long black overcoat that didn't seem anything fancy but his outwear showed all of his significant points that can make him a model anyway. His outfit well defined his black hair and his unnatural violet eyes. 

Almost every woman in their teens to early twenties gazed at him with stars in their eyes. But... they knew that they couldn't possess him due to the duel that was going to happen with Karvin Krawel. But they hoped for him to be at least alive so that they can do anything for him. 

==========

{Airu's POV}

After entering the arena for the battle, I got booed but it wasn't the amount I expected. And for some reason, some women were looking at me... weirdly... 

After talking with Sir Ian about protecting everyone near me, he told me to do my hair if I want leave an actual impact. So I did, and the weird stares I was getting were... giving me shivers. 

I looked around the audience to see if I can see anyone familiar and immediately found the Hero and his party. They were all scattered around the outside perimeter possibly standing as guard. 

Looking a bit more around, I saw students from previous 1-S, and my current class, also... the Heathens. All the family members were present...

(Do they really want to see me die that much?)

I couldn't help but smirk at my thoughts and I didn't hold my gaze too long because the announcer started talking again.

“Now are both of you ready?“

“Yes.“ (Airu)

“Hmm.“ (Krawel)

“So~ let the fight begin in—” 

As the announcer was counting down, Krawl started talking to me.

“Brat, it was you who told me to not hold back. So, don't die from just the first few exchange.“ 

He told with a big smile as if he was enjoying the current situation. 

“Let's see about that.“

...

“And 3! Let the fight begin!!!”

As soon as the last word finished, we both pulled out our weapons and threw condensed energy aura at each other. I still only kept the first limiter open to see how much I can fight with it. And loud explosion sound rang around the arena. 

**Boom** 

Everyone was shocked at the fast exchange. The fog was surrounding the arena but rather everyone wasn't trying to focus on the arena to see what was happening through the dust cloud. They were looking at the holographic type 3 screen, two projecting the current status of both participants and another screen having a clear overview of them. 

From the screen, they could see that we were both fine as we were holding onto our weapons. 

I had a long sword with a standard look with nothing fancy. But Krawel had his soul weapon, a greatsword named 'Titan'. It was a quasi-myth-type weapon. It had a steel body with some gems and mana stones connected to the sides. It was one of the best weapons you could get in the mid-game from Korsel's memories. 

==========

{3rd Person POV}

The dust went away after 10 seconds or so and everyone started focusing on their fight again. 

Krawel just stood still, and Airu getting a hint from it instantly rushed at him with great speed. They both clashed their swords and sparks flew left and right. 

Normal people could no longer follow those movements. They were still clashing their swords with the tempo increasing with each clash. 

After continuing the clashes a bit, Airu stood on the ground in front of Krawel and took a good hold of the ground with his left foot, and swung his right foot to the left side of Krawel's ribs. Krawel easily blocked it with his left arm but failed to notice Airu's intentions.

 Airu after landing his right foot on the left arm, lifted off the ground with the right foot having the footing, he spun his body to the left. Removing the right foot he was currently in mid-air and kicked Krawel's chest straight with his left foot. Krawel was sent back a bit. 

Krawel and the crowd were surprised by that odd movement they never saw. It was an agile martial art but the amount of battle sense you need to pull off that single move was way beyond that of somebody in their teens. 

While Krawel was reviewing that movement by Airu, he took the chance and used his skill 'Shift' to instantly teleport to Krawel's left back and swung his sword with great force. But Krawel wasn't an ace of the Empire for nothing. He lifted his right arm that held his sword and blocked the move but was still pushed back. 

But that wasn't the end of it. Airu did the same move from different positions with different strikes. Some were with his sword, some were with his hands and some were with his feet. That constant assault pushed back Krawel further back. 

Till now Krawel was depending on his armor and physical body to block all the attacks. But it seemed like he had enough as he unleashed his massive aura. And instantly held Airu's left foot that was about to strike his face, and swung him to one of the barrier walls and-

*Boom* 

The magic barrier was vibrating immensely. But Airu wasn't done yet. Just at that moment, he hit the wall barely he used his skill 'shift' again and teleported behind Krawel. Krawel was basically hit by his own attack. Krawel was pushed back a lot at this exchange. He was startled at the fact that Airu could even use a skill like that.

“You really are talented, brat!“ 

He yelled and was now speeding towards Airu. He swung the large sword with only one hand but just before it was going to hit Airu, Airu teleported right to the top of the sword and got a footing from the side of the sword, and kicked Krawel in his face.

This time Krawel was sent flying. He hit the ground a few times and at last hit the barrier. The barrier shook a lot at this impact. 

The crowd was shocked at this. The most shocked was Arma Cicile. She couldn't believe that somebody actually sent her teacher flying. Every time she and her teacher fought, her teacher didn't even need to use a sword to defeat her easily but now somebody whom she always defeated within 5 moves and thought was weak was fighting on par with her teacher and also forced him to use aura. She was beyond the point of shock. She was slowly developing an inferiority complex.

While dust clouds were surrounding both Airu and Krawel, nobody really understood what was going on. Somebody without using many skills was flinging around a peak ultimate aura master. And that somebody was just a kid in their teens. 

...

Through the clouds, Airu felt an immense amount of aura forming around somebody to perform a skill.

(Krawel: Skill 'Flying Aura Ghost Blade'!)

That blade was so fast that Airu was almost cut in half but fortunately, he reacted even before the skill was prepared but it's not like he was unharmed. A thin yet deep line of blood was dripping from the left side ribs of Airu. 

Krawel used a few other skills, 'Body and Blade', 'Aura Overload', and 'Krawel Ancient Swordsmanship', and instantly moved towards Airu with a killing blow. Airu's response to that was a skill, 'Endearing Shield of Heaven' to block the strike, but his body couldn't handle the recoil of the deathly blow and was pushed back with a lot of force. 

He and Krawel finally stopped and looked at each other. Just from their eyes alone, everyone can understand that they were both fighting seriously. Within this, the Hero party, and especially Arma was falling further into her inferiority complex. 

“Haahh haaah haah... Brat, I didn't know kids these days are so strong. Haah haaah haah.”

“Haah... Do you... really think somebody like me actually exists out there? Haah haah...”

While Airu was talking to him, he also activated 'Akashik Record' to get a glance at only his stats. 

[Name: Karvin Krawel

Age: 89 

Species: Demi-God

Power Rank: Inter Small-God Rank 

Class: Underachiever (God)

Stats— 

Stn- 12000

Ag- 7000

Int- 1050

Stm- 7760

Const- 989

Aura- 130000

Luck-1007

Disclaimer: Existence is currently suppressing his powers]

...

(Airu: This old fuck had 130000 Aura! His aura is more than even a Peak Small-God. Besides that, his other stats are crazy invested. No wonder nobody ever stood a chance against him.)

... 

“Let's talk less now and fight, alright?“

“Brat, I really do hope you don't disappoint me!“ 

This time Krawel was getting serious. He intended to fight with his full power without using Celestial Construct. 

And he disappeared instantly. He didn't use any skills or anything, he just used his base agility and strength stats and rushed at him at Mach 50. He didn't hit Airu with the sharp side of the sword, rather just blew him away with the blunt side of his sword. And-

*BOOM!!!*

Even though Airu knew it was coming, his body wasn't in a state to respond that fast. His current self is like that of a Toyota car that has a Jett engine inside. Unless he gets a body that actually suits the engine, they'll never be able to fully utilize the whole engine. 

Everyone was looking at the screen. They were seeing the condition Airu was in. 

Blood was dripping. He had more than 50 fractures at least. But... he wasn't really giving off any reaction. It was odd to everybody, how this boy didn't react at all to this much of a lethal blow.

“Hey hey hey! Don't die that easily now.”

Even though Airu wasn't showing any reactions, he couldn't stand right now. His whole body felt like it was tied to a certain floor keeper in hell. It was truly a laughable situation.

==========

{Airu's POV}

I can't... move. This reminds me of the first time I arrived at hell. I was desperate at that time for survival. But not for my survival, but the survival of Miyu. 

...

'KILL THEM!' (x10)

'DON'T SHOW THEM MERCY!' (x10)

'SWALLOW THEM!' (x10)

'RIP THEM! EAT THEM!' (x10)

'SWALLOW THEIR WHOLE EXISTENCE!' (x10)

'LET THEM KNOW FEAR!' (x10)

'DON'T LET THEM SURVIVE!' (x10)

...

'Haah haaah haah...' (Airu)

My head was splitting apart. Where did I fight again? 

What was I fighting for?

AND WHY WAS I FIGHTING?

... 

...

...

'I-I was fighting to protect...' (Airu)

Yes, I was fighting to PROTECT!

“What are you muttering around, brat? Don't tell me you are falling to fear now?“ (Krawel)

...

“Fear?“ (Airu)

“!!!“ (Krawel)

“Who? ME?” (Airu)

I stood in front of him. It didn't even take a second for me to reach there. I didn't even use a skill. I just went over there. Like I was walking. 

“From now on—”

“Kughh!!“ 

Krawel tried to block my kick. And he managed to block it, but he couldn't handle the recoil and was smashed around on the ground.

“It's a fight to PROTECT.” 

TBC-

_____________

 

*Second Limiter Removed Airu*

[Name: Airu Deathsborn

Age: 17 (Physical)

Class: The Being of The Beginning and The End

Race: Partial Human 

Stats—

Stn- 10000

Ag- 10000

Int- 10000

Stm- 10000

Const- 15000

Energy- 50000

Luck- 1000]

Alrighty~ This chapter was awesome. The amount of detail I had to put in for each action was... tiring. I had to like to increase the quality rather than quantity for this chapter. Due to this chapter, I couldn't finish 3 draft chapters (⁠ ⁠;⁠∀⁠;⁠). 

Not that I'm disappointed. I gave my 101% for this chapter. And the result was fantastic... I think? It's upon you guys though. I took inspiration from a certain Korean novel. 

The third person POV type overview was the main theme of that certain novel. I liked how it always focused on a 3rd person's pov rather than MC's POV in the fight scene. It was a unique style. They moved POVs around the characters involved as I did. Obviously, the fights are of different types duh... ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

Anyways, you'll get the same quality chapter for the next chapter, too. That's why there might not be another chapter out this week. If it's really not out then I am sorry in advance (⁠.⁠ ⁠❛⁠ ⁠ᴗ⁠ ⁠❛⁠.).

Rate the writing style for this chapter in the comments~ (⁠ ⁠◜⁠‿⁠◝⁠ ⁠)⁠♡

11