Chapter 22 | Airu VS Krawl (2)
198 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

{3rd Person POV}

The crowd was actually pretty impressed that a kid in their teens could actually put up this much of a fight against one of the three aces of the Dulan Empire. None of them were disappointed that Airu couldn't put up a fight anymore. 

After watching his basically half-dead situation currently, nobody had any hope left of his survival. Because Krawel started using his skills and aura. 

“Hey hey hey! Don't die that easily now.”

'----------'

Airu was muttering something. He was slowly opening his mouth and closing it again. But nobody could hear anything.Ian watching this, was pretty pale, he was scared now. He was scared that Airu might actually die. He was going to intervene in the fight.

“What are you muttering around, brat? Don't tell me you are falling to fear now?“

But before Ian could act—

“Fear?“ 

“!!!“ 

“Who? ME?” 

Airu stood in front of him. It didn't even take a second for him to reach there. Nobody could sense any kind of mana or aura usage in that movement. It meant it was full physical movement. 

“From now on—”

Airu's right foot pretty much disappeared. And Krawel also reacted to it and blocked the kick but—

“Kughh!!“ 

He couldn't withstand the recoil from that kick. He was sent flying off his foot and he hit one of the barriers. The barriers shook like crazy. It was on the verge of breaking.

*Boom!*

“It's a fight to PROTECT.” 

Silence. That is the perfect word to describe the crowd. Everybody in the audience was silent. But not all remained idle. Dillan Forge (one of the aces) started working on strengthening the barriers with some other mages. 

“Haah haah haaa... You! What is that power? Your power is totally different from before!“

“That was me when I was REALLY holding back... I am still holding back though.“

“You—!“

*Boom!*

Airu again sent Krawel flying with a kick. Krawel couldn't follow up that speed. And this time, one of the multiple barriers broke. 

“Kughh... I can't... hold back anymore huh?“ (Krawel)

“I told you from the start to not hold back.“

“Ascension Skill: Celestial Construct!“ 

As Krawel activated his skill, his total aura changed. The aura that was green till now changed to gold. His hair turned blonde with his eyes gold. His age seemed to reversing back to when he was in his twenties. His armor and sword also changed. He was pretty much another person with a holy aura. 

At this sudden change, everybody was pretty shocked. Dillan Forge was the most shocked. It was pretty well known that Dillan and Karvin were of the same generation. They both started together and were each other's rival, and now somebody reached a stage that wasn't seen in humankind for the last 10 years. The God Stage!

“Brat, try to survive this time!“ 

As saying that he launched forward at a speed that even ultimate stage couldn't see. But to Airu's eye, it was lukewarm. Airu blocked all the stabs, slashes, skills and whatever else was thrown at him. Nothing was hitting him. At this, Krawel was getting more and more frustrated. And activated one of his suicidal skill: “Over Limit”. His aura started flaring more furiously. 

“Brat! Just what are you!!!“

His assault was now more dangerous, but to Airu it was nothing. Even the weakest creature in hell was stronger than him.

Airu was dodging all of these attacks by using all of his stats. Even if one had over-the-top stats, it didn't matter if your body couldn't fully use it. Like Krawel's 130000 energy/aura stats. While Airu had only 50000, which covers barely over a fraction of Krawel's, but he was using all of it. Unlike, Krawel who was barely able to tap into it due to ascension form. 

“Old guy, even if you become a God, it won't matter if you can't use it efficiently.“

At this Krawel had no response, rather he was just pushing more and more. At last, he seemed to have enough and activated his ultimate skill

“Ultimate Skill: Beyond Earth Crush The Heavens!!!”

Responding to that Airu pulled out a sword out of nowhere. Rather than a broken sword from his inventory, but to people it seemed like a broken soul weapon. 

[Name: Sword Holding Sun & Moon (Broken)

Rank: EX

Description: The sword forged by Susano himself, just for his own swordsmanship. The sword can amplify any swordsmanship of Skill: “Susano's Sun & Moon”.

Disclaimer: The sword is currently broken and only less than a fraction of its ability remains.]

Checking the sword, Airu started one of the swordsmanships he got from Susano in the 6th hell. 

(Sun & Moon: Minor Unity Strike [Modified])

As his energy went into the sword, the intent released by it was so enormous that everybody in the crowd was almost suffocating, including even Krawel. He felt it, this intent that was modified to its lowest stage could actually kill him if he doesn't give it his all. 

“AGHHHH!“

“...“ 

They both got closer to each other and struck and an enormous explosion of energy went off.

**BOOM!!!**

The barriers that were strengthened so many times by all the mages here broke in an instant. It could kill almost all the bystanders but due to Airu, it was kept to the arena ground. After everything subsided a bit, they could see one person still standing through all the dust clouds. After the clouds of dust disappeared they saw who was still standing, it was Airu. And Krawel was limply lying on the ground beside the border of the arena.

Besides a few, nobody was glad. Ian who was pale within this whole exchange, was now pretty much back to normal. His expression showed that he was glad that Airu was fine. 

But, it didn't end there. Airu was now approaching the limp Krawel. Everyone was looking at Airu wondering what he will do. Humiliate him? Beat him up a few more times? No. It was way beyond that. 

After standing above Krawel's head, Airu was preparing to strike him dead with this. Everybody was shocked. And just before he was going to strike him—

”WAIT!“

It was Dillan Forge.

==========

{Airu's POV}

“What is it?“

“You can't kill him!“

“And why?“

“... Because he already gave up! Don't you see he is limp?“

Wow. Would you look at that? What if I was in that situation? Would any of you fuckers here try to stop it?

“So?“

“...“

At this Dillan was pretty speechless. He was dumbfounded beyond words. 

“It's the rules, so you can't.“

“Hey.“

“...What?“

“Say if I was in that situation right there, would any of you tried to stop him from killing him?“

“...“

“No, you wouldn't. NONE OF YOU FUCKERS WOULD!“

A lot of people were surprised at my rude language. Some looked at me grimly but no one kept eye contact with me. 

“So, how fucking dare you stand in my way now? Do you think you are strong enough to survive me? Do you believe you will be able to live after fighting me?“

“...“

Everyone was speechless. Nobody could refute my words. Nobody had the authority neither the power here, not even the Hero. 

“That's why fucking MOVE.“

“...“

Responding to me Dillan activated his barrier and seemed to want to protect Krawel. But, it wasn't only him. A lot more high-rank mages and swordsmen stood in my way. But I wasn't going to let them.

“So, you guys are going to stand in my way?“

“...“

“Haah... Die Then.“

As I said that, I released a bit of my murderous intent. Everybody standing against me was choking, Some dropped to their knees, some passed out and some couldn't even move. No one was an exception. As I was finally going to strike them with my broken sword-

“Wait Airu!“

... This time it was Sir Ian. 

“What is it? Do you want to stand in my way, too?“

“Nononono. Don't misunderstand. I don't care about them.“

“Then?“

“I mean just think about it. What would happen if you killed Sir Krawel here?“

“..?“

“Uhhh... You. Haah... Listen here, Sir Krawel here is one of the main units that stands in the main unit on the front lines against the Demons and Monsters. Killing him here, would not only decrease humans' firepower but also many innocent people will suffer due to it.“

“... I guess you are correct. Then?“

“What do you mean by 'then' ??? Just show him mercy for now. Look at them, why would all these people stand against you staking their lives? It's because they know his importance.“

“But—”

“No buts. Just say it, if you want to kill him or not.“

Damn. He... he persuaded me really fast huh? What can I do against it now? Obviously, I can't do anything. 

“... Alright.“

All of the people trying to protect now had a relieved expressions. It was like they just came past a huge hurdle. But-

“But-”

*Boom!*

I still swung my sword towards the barriers of all the mages. They were shocked, to say the least, but I didn't intend to kill them. I simply just cut off Krawel's left arm. They didn't understand what happened, so they were staring at me confused. 

“I'll take that arm as a punishment.“

A few quick thoughts later, they looked at Krawel and saw his arm detached from his body. They were again shocked. They didn't even notice that somebody cut off the arm of somebody they were protecting in front of them.

“After he wakes up, tell him to never again stick his nose into something he isn't supposed to. Because there won't be any next time for him.“

“”...“”

“Let's go Sir Ian.”

“H-huh? Ah... Yes, let's go.“

We both departed from the Colosseum. People were still staring at us. And among those people, Arma was now falling into total disdain. She couldn't believe what had happened. 

==========

{Dillan Forge's POV}

His intent, only his INTENT paralyzed us... That murderous intent and those eys without any emotions, the moment he looked at us with that intent, it felt like the whole world was falling apart. 

The dead were holding my feet, saying, it was now my time. Yet he, Airu Deathsborn, never had any emotions in those eyes. It reminded me of when were children and recklessly went to a forest, just to encounter a dragon. The feeling was the same, but in his case, it was 100 times worse. 

He broke our barrier, cut off one of Karvin's hands, and showed us MERCY. Yes, mercy. If not, what else could it have been? We couldn't follow even his hand movement when he broke the barrier and cut Karvin's hand. If he didn't show us mercy, he at least didn't send us to hell. 

How were we supposed to fight him? No, forget even the thought. Don't ever imagine fighting him. Nobody, I mean absolutely NOBODY could even imagine HIM.

After he left the arena, nobody could say anything. All of us were shocked. A barely 17-year-old kid manhandled a God Stage. Who could say anything? But still, I had to get out of this to save my friend and only rival. 

“Healer! What are doing!? Quickly save him!“

“”Y-yes!“”

Multiple high-rank healers came, and even the Cardinal of the Virtue Church came to heal him. But, after a while-

“S-sir...“

“What is it, Sir Lopa?“

“I-it's not possible?“

“... What?“

“It's not possible to heal his hand...”

“...“

“”...“”

The whole crowd was once again silent. Sir Lopa was by no means a true healer, but his heals could still make a missing limb grow back. 

“You aren't able to attach a mere arm back?“

“It's not... Haah... Rather than can't, it's it isn't possible.“

“Possible?“

“His arm is, how should I say this? Umm... rejecting? No. Ahh, it's like he doesn't have the ability of that arm anymore?“

“What?“

“Heals are magic that are able to reattach, regrow, and can sometimes even revive the deads in a few seconds of them dying. But, if that person who is injured doesn't have that ability anymore it isn't possible to heal anymore.“

“So... he lost the ability to use his arm?“

“Simply, Yes.“

“...“

A simple slash removed the ability to use his arm? What if... We were killed by that? Would we ever be able to reborn?

==========

{Airu's POV}

We were back in Sir Ian's office. I changed back from my bloody clothes to a more fresh one and just let my hair hang by. 

“So, you were hiding enough power to defeat a God Stage?“

“That was God Stage?“

“He used 'Celestial Construct'”

“... What is that?“

“...“

“...“

(What's up with this silence, again?)

“Haah... Celestial Construct is a skill. Or rather a switch.“

“Switch?“

“Yes, a switch to turn into a God and a Mortal.“

“Ooh.“

“That's it?! 'Ooh’??? 'OOH'???“

“C-clam down...”

“Haah... seriously. Just how much were you hiding?“

“...“

(Still am hiding but alright.)

“Now, tell me?“

“What?“

“How did you beat Sir Krawel without even being in God Stage?“

“... Well. He was weak?“

“Weak?!“

“Hey hey, calm down. Listen to what I say first.“

“Haah... Alright. I am all ears.“

“First of all, it doesn't matter even if he is god stage or not, he won't ever be able to beat me.“

“Why?”

“Because he doesn't have enough control over himself.“

“Control?“

“You see his overall stats might be greater than even an actual base God. But he doesn't have control over it.“

“Why?“

“I don't know. Maybe he's not talented enough?“

“...“

“He couldn't once use his full stat in anything. Not his technique nor his skills or his celestial construct. Metaphorically, it's like giving control over a kingdom to a child. He might be able to use his soldiers but he will never be able to control them.“

“So, his control doesn't match with his stats?”

“Yes.“

“What about you then?”

“Me? Um... Well... For me, it's like telling an emperor to control a man in his 20s. He will no matter what listen to the order of an emperor, no?“

“Haah... Now, tell me what is your overall stats compared to Sir Krawel?“

“Ummm... Maybe like 70-80% of his?“

“... You are 17 right?“

“Yes?“

... 

Andddd, awkward silence. 

“Haah... Nevermind. What are you going to do now?“

“Hmm? Well, I'll wait for Luna to graduate. Then leave with her to somewhere if she is willing to.“

“Wow. Next—”

...

..

.

And like that our conversation continued daily and another week passed by.

TBC-

____________

~Second Arc Concluded~

Don't have much to say this time around. But I do have something I want to say about, it's regarding the chapter quality and quantity drop you guys will be getting after this chapter on for a month's worth of chapters. Why? Because this is the last chapter I wrote before my exams. :) 

There is another chapter after this but it's basically side character designs. It has a few important characters and etc. From the next arc on it will include a lot of character POVs. I have to be mentally be prepared to write chapters in between my exams...

Hope to read some comments when I get back~

9