07 – Gym
1.3k 4 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Dad, do you know where there's a good gym nearby? I think starting to work out is gonna be a good start..." I said trying to keep a motivated look to look more believable.

When my father heard that I wanted to work out, a smile filled his face. He's always been very athletic, but nobody here at home liked to accompany him on walks or things like that. Seeing that I was interested, he thought I might be the weekend walking partner.

"Son, there's one nearby, where I work out. The name there is JustFit, they opened recently, so the promotion they are giving now in the early days is very good. Take $50 from my wallet, I think you'll be able to enroll and already pay the first tuition of the plan that you want." My father said with a smile on his face.

I didn't say no. After all, I would need money to pay the tuition, but inside me, a feeling of not wanting it again came up, maybe I can use my knowledge of the other world to get some money here. But before I dream about it, I have to see what the quality of things is like here. If the movies, songs, and other things are as bad as the cartoons and animations I saw in the room, it might not be that hard.

After my father showed me the direction in which the gym was headed, I started to run in the direction he pointed me. According to him, at a moderate race speed, I'd probably get there in 15 minutes.

When I started running, I felt that I was starting to lack oxygen and that I needed to push harder to breathe. But since I've already hit it in my past life, I know that the secret of the hit is repetition, not intensity, so I slowed down a little and kept running. Even though I've slowed down a bit, this race still tired me down a lot.

When I arrived at the entrance to the gym, I practically fell to the ground and started breathing heavily. 'Duuuuude... this chubby guy couldn't take 15 minutes of running... I'm gonna have a lot of work... to do... but before that... I need to breathe a little... I was panting even in my thoughts I'm so tired.

When my breathing began to regulate, I heard steps approaching me.

"Hey, bro, will you take a hand?" A boy who was the same age, with a well-built body and a nice smile, asked as he offered me a bottle of water.

Seeing that he was also wearing workout clothes, I deduced that he was coming to the gym too and saw my body on the floor. With a smile I accepted his bottle and once I drank all the water inside, without touching the mouth of the bottle in my mouth, of course. "Thanks, dude, I needed it." I said with a self-deprecating laugh.

He had a slight laugh, and he asked. "Your first day at the gym?"

I looked at my body and with a laugh, I answered as I returned the bottle to him. "Well... I guess I shouldn't be surprised by that deduction. It's my first day, yeah."

"Hahaha, it wasn't so hard to imagine that. My training partner gave up working out, and working out alone is very boring. Are you in the mood to become my partner?" He asked.

When I heard that I could not help but be happy, what he said was true. Working out on your own is always one of the most boring things when you have to do a lot of repetitions. "Absolutely! Of course, as you can see, I'll have to start going lighter, but I'll help you with your exercise without any problems."

"That's great! My name is Daniel." He said as he stretched out his hand.

"My name is Zhanye... but to make it easier you can call me Zy." I said as I shook his hand, anticipating that he would find my name strange. A lot of people don't even know how to pronounce it.

Side by side, we went to do my registration. The process was very simple, I just filled out a form, paid in advance and already gained access to the devices.

Daniel was warming up since he didn't come running because he lived near here, so when I finished my registration, he finished warming up.

"If you care, as today is your first day, I'm going to do a weight-loss training with you. As you've obviously come running a lot from your home to go here, I think we can skip the treadmills part and go straight to the stationary bike? While you pedal there I do my specific training, and when I leave to do the ones I'll need your help in the end."
Daniel asked as he stretched out his arms.

I followed his example and I said, "Sure, I think that'll be good."

So when I started riding the stationary bike, I felt that my leg muscles were starting to hurt and that my breath was running out, but I still didn't give up. I went on for a few minutes and stopped to rest.

But something intrigued me when I came back to do the second round. Normally, when you do an exercise, your muscles start to get tired and you can no longer perform that movement more often. But with me, it was being different, the more I did, but I could feel my muscles getting stronger until I was forced to stop because I didn't have breath. But my muscles felt like new.

And oddly enough, with every set I made, my breath also seemed to become more and more resistant. So much so that with each set I did, the time I could pedal also increased a little. That was very strange, after all, it was for my body to be tired and not to be able to cope any longer.

When I finished my cycling session, I saw that Daniel was already coming towards me, probably because he had also finished his solo session.

We both went to the weightlifting area and when I tried to lift weights, even with a weight of 6kg, I found it difficult to lift for more than 15 times.

But the same phenomenon that happened on the stationary bike happened here too. With every set I made, it seemed like it was easier to lift the weight.

Wait a moment, is this system influence?' When I thought of this possibility, I opened my Status window to confirm.

25