15 – Driving License
1.2k 2 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With the two points I added in CHARM, I saw that my facial lines have changed a bit, it seems that they have become a little more refined.

One of the things I was in doubt about CHARM, was that according to what I know about RPG, appearance is not the only thing that influences this statistic. Other factors such as the well-toned or fat body influence, the smell of the person influences a lot, the tone of speech, whether a person who speaks confidently is much more attractive than a person who speaks low and with shame.

But as far as I can tell, that statistic is considering feathers and physical states. The way I talk and my smell don't seem to influence my CHARM so far. I will need more tests to get a definitive and reliable result, but for now, I am satisfied with the subtle change.

I went down to lunch worried about whether anyone would sketch a reaction, but apparently no one noticed any change in me. It seems that my thesis about artificially added statistical points not being perceived by people was correct.

While we were eating together, my father suggested something that pleased me. "Son, how about you use this summer vacation to get your driver's license?"

When I heard that I was excited, after all I already had my license to drive in my old life for some jobs that I accepted. Taking the test here would be pretty easy.

"Sure, are we going there today?" I asked before I had a sip of juice.

"Yes, I can pass by and drop you off at the driving school I know, then you can walk back, it's not far from here." My father said.

"Sure, I'll text Daniel so we can go a little later today." I said making a mental note so I wouldn't forget to warn you about it.

"You should call him to come here any day now, he seems like a good boy." My mother says curious, since they've never seen Daniel.

"Sure, no problem." I say quietly.

"Also, if you get the license to drive for now I may need your help to do something." My mother commented.

"Do what?" I asked curious.

"Secret!" She said with a smile that left me a little doubtful as she blinked at me.

"Big Bro, will you be able to take us to some amusement park then?" Henry asked with a sparkle in his eyes.

I looked at his face and Sue's excited and without question I answered immediately. "Of course, we'll go to every amusement park in town, how about that?"

"That would be really cool!" Henry gets very excited and starts swinging the little legs hanging from the chair while imagining us going to all the amusement parks in the city.

Sue raised her little hand to get my attention and when I looked at her, she said in sign language. "Can you take me on a mime show, big bro?"

We were all paying attention to what she was saying, so when we saw what she wanted, we felt a little sadness, but I quickly responded: "Surely, angel, I'll look on the internet when it's going to be the next show and I'll take you to us to watch it.

When Sue heard my answer, her happiness was evident. Seeing her can't communicate like that without breaking my heart.

After lunch, my father took me to the driving school.

There we saw a chubby man who apparently worked there. My father waved at him and he waved back.

"Hey John, how long! How's the family?" The man asked.

"Whats up Jerry? It's going very well, this one's my eldest son, I don't remember if you've ever met." My father said as he pointed at me.

I opened a natural smile on my face and said hello. "Hello Jerry, my name is Zhanye."

"Zhanye hm... what a different name, must get the girls' attention, right? With that long hair, a different name from the others...." He laughs while suggesting it.

"Unfortunately, when I leave the house, I have to wear a umbrella." I sighed to get his attention.

"Why?" He asked curious.

"Why don't you stop raining women for me hahaha." I played with an arrogant face on my face.

"Hahahahahaha, boy, you pulled your father's sense of humor... in our school days he was uglier than hitting his mother, but the bastard got so many women just because he was charismatic, it seems you chose who you look like." Jerry ruined it by making my father laugh along with pride remembering those times.

"Did you study together?" I asked curious.

"Yes, we met at school and we studied at the same college, despite the different courses, we went out together to drink every Friday after class. It doesn't matter if the class was 11:00 or 11:00 we had to drink later hahaha." My father laughed.

"Looks like it was fun." I say smiling.

"So Jerry, Zhanye's trying to get a driver's license, how do you think we can do it?" My father came to the point.

"Do you know the traffic laws, boy?" Jerry asked me.

"Yes, I do. I studied a little before I came." I answered causally, but in fact I remembered those from my old world, I hope they will also be similar here.

"That's good, we can do a written test for you. If you take a grade above 80 you can already do the practical classes directly, without having to do the theoretical classes, how about it?" Jerry suggested it.

"That would be great." My father agreed with the head.

For me it was good too, in my past life I took around 1 to 2 months to get the license, if here is less time it will be even better.

So my dad quit, and it's just me and Jerry.

I walked into his office and he pulled a sheet of paper with some questions out of the drawer. That sheet was the theoretical test I'd do now.

23