19 – Dominic Toretto vs Ludwig Beethoven
1.1k 4 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Mission: Prevent a disaster from happening today.] Reward: 50 points of mastery with piano.]

When I saw the notification I was a little scared, this was the first time I heard of something bad that might happen.

Even if I wanted to speed up the car a little faster than normal, since this would be the first time I was driving a car like that, I had to control myself and drive calmly for fear of the disaster that the system warned me about.

But then can I earn specific proficiency points through the missions? Does that mean I can learn things without having to practice?

"You've never driven before, huh? Where's that talk you could drive in reverse all the way? I'm just seeing a scared man behind the wheel." Liza interrupted my thoughts as I said as I turned my eyes.

"Hohoho, so you mean you want to see what a real pilot is?" I asked with a challenging look in my eyes.

She stared back at me with the same challenging look in her eyes.

This reminded me of a scene from one of my favorite movies, Fast and Furious 2. Without taking my eyes off it, I started to accelerate the car just by guiding through the peripheral vision and spatial notion that I had picked up before I took the vision off the track.

But unlike the Monica Fuentes character in the film, Liza was quickly scared and looked away from mine while saying. "Are you crazy? Look where we're going! I don't want to die today!"

Seeing this reaction from her, I let out a laugh, my driving ability wouldn't even get to Bryan O'Conner, so if she kept eye contact with me, I'd probably hit the car with my driving ability so low. "I'm known in the underworld as Dominic Toretto, if you give me a Muscle Car, I guarantee you I'll get all four wheels up."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're gonna four wheels up and fly out with the car, I know." She said, pretending disinterest, but I could see clearly as her lips twisted holding on to the laughter.

This dangerous joke made me take the opposite direction from what I wanted to follow after seeing the system notification, but seeing that nothing really happened while I was risking so it only made me imagine one thing, maybe this disaster was already predestined, so I would need to avoid the greatest number of repercussions that would happen.

After parking, I picked up the big box that I discovered was her cello and we walked towards the theater.

"How's your show gonna be?" I asked curiously.

"In fact, it will be a competition, each participant calls an accompanist to play an instrument and the two compete with other participants for the title. She responded calmly.

"Oh, that sounds interesting. I wish you luck then, I'll be cheering for you in the stands." I said after I walked her backstage.

Now that she was safe, I sat in the audience and started looking for someone suspicious possibly carrying a bomb into the theatre.

# Swwwiiish # A hell of a rocket noise came out of my pocket # That was the notification tone that the old Zy had left programmed on his cell phone and I never thought to take it off, even though I had a scare every time it was played.

"I must change that touch before my heart infarcts. I thought inwardly while putting my hand on my chest.

[Liz: Hey Zy, I just got the great news that I'll be the last one to play...] ¬¬]

[Zy: Putz, don't worry, it's more time to calm down!]

[Liz: At least my partner hasn't arrived yet, so this extra time might be useful after all... If you want to take a walk around the place, I can let you know when it's my turn.]

[Zy: Np ??]

Since Liz won't be playing any time soon, I thought it would be a good idea to go out into the theatre in search of something suspicious.

I began to look around and saw two children talking, a shy boy with short black hair and black square frame glasses while the other one had blond hair and skewers.

Seeing the scene of the two of them, reminded me of a certain anime scene from my past life, the only difference was that Liz actually played the cello instead of the violin.

Laughing with myself, I began to look all over the theater, but nothing unusual was happening, I even began to suspect that this mission of the system was a mistake, after all giving 50 points of mastery of nothing was a little too much.

#Swwwiiiish* I hear the sound of the rocket coming from my cell phone and I almost fall to the frightened floor again. 'I definitely have to change that sound when I get home.'

When I looked at the message I received, my heart accelerated and I became very worried.

[Liz: Zy! A disaster happened! TT^TT]

Oh, my God! Oh, my God! I tried everything and something still happened? Was the terrorist one of the participants? But... I didn't hear an explosion... with a quick glance I saw that the mission was still active, so I still had a chance to stop the disaster from happening.

[Zy: Calm down, tell me what happened.]

[Liz: My date broke his hand this morning and he won't be able to come... I won't be able to introduce him. ☹]

If the mission is still active, it means that there really is still a way for me to stop it from happening. Before answering her I ran back to where those two kids were talking to to see one of them could play for Liz, but there was no one else there, damn it! I can't let this mission pass, it's 50 points!

[Zy: So Liz, I didn't tell you... but actually I can play a little piano...]

[Liz: What? Why didn't you tell me before?! Tell me you can read scores please...]

My god system, please help me at this moment...

[Zy: Of course I know, actually in the underworld of the piano I'm known as Ludwig Van Beethoven, if you give me a piano I'll be able to ride all four wheels of it!]

[Liz: Ohh no... who said you have to know how to lift the wheels of a PIANO!?!?? Who's Beethoven?! Stop making up names and for God's sake... just come and save me.]

Is that one more step towards my path to stardom?

23