38 – Are you the singer?
2k 14 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Honk Honk*

I gave two light honks to warn him that I had arrived while lowering the radio volume a little. When I left home, I had set up the Bluetooth sound on my mobile phone so that I could listen to my songs; usually, people are ashamed of that, but I felt even more like singing.

When I saw Daniel was leaving the house, I stopped singing and waved to him out of the car window. Seeing that a beautiful blonde woman who looked a lot like him was coming along, I immediately related that she could be his mother and turned off the car to say hello.

"Wasup Danny, ready for tonight?" I asked while shaking hands with him.

"Wasup Zy, of course, I'm ready, I was born ready!" He said it animatedly as he returned the handshake.

"What's up, young man?" She asked him with a questioning look.

"Just kidding, Mom, this is Zy, the guy I told you I met at the academy after JJ dropped out. Zy, this is my mother, who was worried about my company and came to check on me." He said as he introduced us.

Without missing a chance to make a good impression with my friend's mother, I quickly said. "Wow, I thought it was your sister, nice to meet you, ma'am, I'm Zhanye Black, but people call me Zy to make it easy." I introduced myself with a smile.

"What a polite boy! You finally made a decent friend, huh, Daniel? Pleasure Zhanye, I'm Denise, I'm glad to hear you're friends, you don't look like his friends who would normally leave him at a party". She clearly said, relieved.

I looked at Daniel with a questioning look, and he gave me back a look that clearly said, "Long story, I'll tell you later."

"Don't worry Denise, if I were that kind of person, my mother wouldn't let me go out anymore, after all, I couldn't do that with one of my only friends." I answered quietly.

"Glad to hear it, I'm not gonna slow you down anymore, good party boys, drive safe, no need to make fun." She waved at us on the way out.

"Looks like you had some trouble with the old class?" I asked with one eyebrow raised as I sat in the driver's seat.

Hearing what I said, Daniel sighed and began to say as he sat on the hitchhiker's seat. "Some friends from my childhood, we disagreed for a while, and honestly, I've never felt better in my life."

"They say toxic relationships aren't just loving." I responded vaguely, seeing that he didn't want to go into too much detail.

Happy I didn't pursue it, Daniel turned up the volume and was surprised to hear this lyric he didn't know. "Boy! What song is that? These lyrics are incredible, not to mention that I feel I know the voice of this singer from somewhere!"

"Oh, really? Are you enjoying it?" I said it while I was trying to hold the laugh.

"What was expensive? I'm a friend of Laura; it's very rare that I don't meet a new singer, even more so when it's someone who sings as well as the guy who's singing this song... this is connected to Bluetooth, do you happen to know who sings?" He asked, clearly animated.

"Do I know who sings?" I asked waiting for the right moment.

He who thought I was wanting to confirm nodded positively wishing to know who the singer was until he heard what I said, he opened his jaw and couldn't close it anymore.

I was waiting for the right moment. When it finally arrived in the chorus, I began to sing along. "So let's take new photographs, forget about it and let me make you laugh... "

The look of amazement on his face was now priceless. Without believing it, he points to me, and stuttering tries to formulate a sentence. "Y-Y-You are the singer of this song?!?!"

Receiving the reaction I wanted from my friend, I finally stopped singing and answered him with a smile. "Yeah, I recorded that song a few hours ago at the house, if you want to search QiTube you'll find it."

"My God, man, I can't believe it! Are you the singer of this song anyway? And you composed it too? Dude, that's awesome! This song is great, and I'm sure Laura will love meeting you." He said it while remembering something that would be interesting.

To hear him say about her twice in those few minutes, a little of my interest was caught, and I asked. "And who is this famous Laura?"

"Don't worry, you'll know when you get there." He said, trying to keep the suspense.

Following the route he passed me, we quietly entered a great area of the city, the houses here hardly cost less than 1 million dollars. I didn't care much for the houses but seeing some of the cars passing by awakened a purpose in me.

Someday I'll buy a car like that using my own money. I knew my mother's BMW wasn't bad, but I was still young; what attracted me were sports cars, coupe cars, cars that went from zero to 100 in less than 4 seconds.

When I got close to the house, he was pointing at me, and I saw some cars that caught my attention, among them were a Porsche Panamera, a Nissan GT-R, among others.

The car that people were driving at this party made by my mother's BMW X1 it looks like a popular stroller, I didn't feel bad driving my mother's car, since I was proud of my family, even though I was poorer than these people, but that didn't change the fact that I started aiming to one day drive one of these supercars.

Daniel, who was also enjoying the view of these cars with me, came out of the stupor a little earlier than me and called me in. Looking at the sky, I could already see a game of light coming out of the back of this house, illuminating every corner.

 

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Want to support me and read up-to 28 ahead chapters? 
Support me on patreon ↓
Patreon.com/Zhanye 
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Discord: https://discord.gg/pu8h4Pp

36