1. The Beginnings
18 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-1 Year-
Crying can be heard from a distance when a baby is born. It is a cold night, the sun is setting and the warmth of the fire keeps everyone safe from the cold. The world is welcoming a new life, a child. It is a magnificent sight, a deep black-haired woman with bright blue eyes is holding her newborn child. What a sight to behold.

The night does not get any better, as the darkness keeps spreading across the earth to lay down the night sky like a blanket. Every whisper can be heard from meters away and a single step is eons louder than it should be. Why is this, it is because the world has gone to sleep, so silently, that everything can be heard.

 
Why do I keep describing this, it is because the crying is getting softer and softer as the minutes pass. The lady holds the newborn in her hands, as it has pitch-black eyes and pitch-black hair. She knows that she will have to let the child go one day, as of her work. So she savors this moment as best she can, so she won't forget her child in the end.
His name,

"P̸͙̺̲̗̫͇̎̿̒̍̃͌̅ą̶̡͎̜̬̰̬̤͖̫̻̼̯̎̌̈́͗ụ̵̼͉͈̋̈́̆̊̄͑̾͛̽̐̈́͂͘̚l̸̢͚̥͕͠"

-7 Years-

A man on a white horse enters the front yard of our small house, he had bright blonde hair and a whip tied to his waist, his eyes so cold they could freeze the sun as he walks to our front door. He wears a royal officer uniform as white as snow with red shoulder epaulets with golden ornaments. He had many badges on his uniform showing his superiority over the others.

"Open the door, Mr. Myer," he commanded
Daddy walked to the front door, shaking, 'I think he's scared of the blonde man,' I think to myself as he opens the door. The blonde man walks inside with a pressure that makes me stop moving, 'he's scary.'
The blonde man then starts to speak, "You have been found guilty of treason by the royal family, surrender now or we will kill you and your family," he says blankly.

Daddy stands there in shock, only to mutter to himself, "Goddamn royals," before walking up and having silver cuffs placed on his wrists. 'what are they doing to Daddy?' I think to myself as he walks through the door.

He looks back and smiles at me, "Don't worry buddy, I'll be back," I can sense the sadness in his smile, I can feel a sense of awareness in this, but I am stuck down on the floor because of the pressure the blonde guy is emitting. 'Daddy please don't leave,' tears roll down my face as I ask, "Where is daddy going," in which no one responds, but I see the smile on his face.

****

Mommy just got home from work and with a worried expression, she asked, "Where did Josh go?" to which I responded with the truth.
"Some guys wearing white, and a scary one with blonde hair took Daddy away!"

Her face goes from worried to shocked, her face immediately goes pale, and she starts crying. 'Why now, when his past only caught up to him now,' she continues to cry. The world stopped for a minute when a public announcement can be heard outside, a man using some kind of power to make his voice louder can be heard.

"Tomorrow we will commence the execution of Josh Myers in the center of this town tomorrow at noon, he is being executed for treason against the royal throne!" his voice echoed.

 
The world went black, time stopped, and a ringing can be heard in my ears as I listened to the man. It's like the world just shattered before me, all I could think about is 'Daddy?' Tears streamed down my face as I heard his words, like an echo into my that could cause it to shatter at a poke of a fingernail. 'Please don't leave me!' as my tears uncontrollably stream down both my and Mommy's faces.

****

I couldn't sleep, I just kept thinking of what Daddy did to deserve this, the Daddy I know isn't a bad guy! I and Mommy rush to the center of town to watch. Daddy is on an elevated platform with his head inside a guillotine, waiting for the blade to fall. Each second feels like ten, as he notices us in the crowd of people screaming and yelling profanities, he smiles at us. He tries to make out a word but it cannot be heard, everything froze when the executioner pulled the rope.
His head fell into the bucket in front of him, blood rushing out of where it used to be, everyone, froze, and then the crowd around us started to cheer, "Down with the traitor," and "Let the liar die!" as my vision fades to black, my mother catches me and brings me back home.

A/N

 

I'm deciding to start this story off with a couple time skips cause I don't feel like it's needed, right now atleast, for every detail of his childhood to be known. That will be revealed later as for such. My chapters are gonna be real short until I can find a way to integrate writing into my schedule. Have fun!

 

Fixed paragraph spacing and changed system of telling time, it always confuses me how certain novels keep track of time with their protagonists.

 

bout 900 words in total

Should I focus more on the childhood of our dear protagonist?
  • Yes
  • No
Total voters: 3 · This poll was closed on Apr 21, 2023 04:23 AM.
1