2. Misfortune After Misfortune
14 2 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

      -9 years-

       I don't know how long it's been since mommy started working like this. She goes to work at night and when she gets home she starts crying. I can never tell why she is crying but it makes me sad that I can only watch. 

       Everything turns black whenever I go to sleep, but there are never dreams like there used to be when daddy was home, I always miss him. Every time I think about his last moments, with his smile, it makes me sad. I hope mommy is okay.

 

      -10 years-

      

      Another year has passed since dad died, it makes me sad to think about Mom. She walks home every day and goes to sleep immediately with eating very little, I hope she gets better.

 

      -11 years-

 

      Mom hasn't come home, I think she's still at work for some reason. This is making me worried cause it's already morning and she hasn't come home yet-

      *knock knock*

 

      I head to the door and I see a big guy wearing worn down clothing. He is bald, but he's 2 times my height with muscles I think can break one of my bones by just flexing. 

      Anyways, about him.  He walks up to me with a grim expression on his face and tells me, "I'm sorry."

       The world grows silent as I hear these words come out of his mouth, 'What happened?' as I start to move back slowly he speaks again.

      "Your mom, she didn't make it..."

      The silence grows louder and louder as these words reverberate in my head, I start remembering when dad died. The memories flush into my mind, even if I want them to stop, they wont. It's like a reminder as I have done nothing but sit and watch, every little thing happening in the room grows invisible, as tears start to stream from my eyes. 

      "She was killed by a passing noble, he didn't like her service so he....."

        He face grew grimmer

       "He raped and killed her, he left her in a nearby alleyway........"

       A feeling I've never felt before purged my insides, it was bubbling like a boiling pot with a lid over it. I was feeling... ǎ̶̲̗͔̹̦̙̻̬̦͎͂́̐̉̋̐͘̕n̶̛̬̘̬̟̠̠͓͉̜͛͐͐̒̓̀͂̂̋́̊͑̚̕g̵͇̬̍̋̄̓̀̿̄̾̇̇͌̽̓́̑ř̸̢̝̙̩͔̤̀̉̎̃̎̽̎͒͝y̵̢̡̘̞̬͓͙͉͛̕ͅ. The world grew silent as I heard him speak, I  could feel myself drowning in so many emotions at once. It was as if it was every single one.

       I never knew I could feel this way, but I couldn't do anything. If I ever tried anything against the noble I would die, let alone get close to him. I couldn't even hurt him, not yet.

 

-Year 15- 

      I hadn't been doing anything for a while other than working hard and living. Since Mom's debt was passed onto me I can't think of anything but getting out of it, I don't even have enough time to grieve. 

      The world would not change if I died, or if anyone did. It would not budge and continue to move on, nothing can stop this motion.

      But about all of this, my world caved in on that incident that day. I couldn't even see Mom's body before she was thrown into the ocean, to who knows what. 

      Recently, I've been doing odd jobs and I am almost free of debt while living as a slave of the noble who killed her. I've never seen him, but if I do I will rip his throat out before he can even think. I am not smart or stupid, I don't even know how to read or write for the matter, but atleast I have a place to stay even if I'm now owned by that demon.

 

A/N

      I'm gonna be real with y'all, it took me 3 days to write a sentence before actually writing this.

      Good news though, I have drawn a map, which I will not show as it is incomplete, but I am working a lot on worldbuilding right now cause I started this without a plot or setting. The idea for it is a fantasy-Midevil kind of era with magic and bullshit nobles, like any other fantasy. Sorry for the timeskips I couldn't think of anything to put inbetween.

 

610 words 👍

0