AWAKENING
63 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

30 minutes before Leland's mother called him

Leland was sitting on his bed his hand is under his chin pinching it while contemplating about something.

'I need my first skill to be atleast in C rank and if I'm lucky it will be on the B rank plus if my system was activated there is a chance that my superpower will be upgraded to A rank or maybe S rank!' Leland said in his mind excitedly.

Based on the memories of his predecessor, superpowers and monsters were ranked from F rank to the SS rank

F rank Skills being the weakest and SS rank being the strongest.

There are 4 categories in skills and they are the life skills, support skills, combat skill and finally irregular skills.

The skill in life skills category are the humans that can use alchemy, blacksmith, a farmer that can make their plants grow faster and many more.

The skills in support category are the humans that can use heal, buff, runes,, curse, bless etc.

In the combat category the skills there are like in the mmropg games like manipulating elements, can coat their weapons with mana to make it sharper, fly, a super condensed fireball with a power of 100 megaton nuke etc.

Finally the irregulars, the skills of irregulars are unusual and unexpected but most of their skills are concepts like gravity, space, time, vector, life, death, and many overpowered things you can think of.

Fortunately or unfortunately it is very rare for a person to be an irregular.

Each skills can evolve into a higher rank. There are 2 ways to evolve their superpowers the first method is by simply training their superpowers to extreme and break their limits. It may be sound easy but it is not.

The second method is by drinking specialised potions and eating pills.  

(A/N: don't use harmful drugs people)

'Now that I think about it after I graduated and awakened my Main Skill my family especially my 'father' would definitely recommend me in his guild to experience portal diving every week. 

I don't want that!

I don't want to be restricted! 

I may want to do some portal diving to gain some combat experience but not now!

I want to experience and adventure this WHOLE NEW WORLD!' Leland thought

You see based on the memory of his predecessor there is a tradition in their family made by his grandfather that if one of his descendants awakened a weak skills they must cut off their connection to the family to save the reputation he built.

But if their skills were above average and strong then they will need to immediately gain some experience by training and honing their skills to be effective in certain fields.

Leland's father is the 3rd child of his grandfather's bloodline and their bloodline had a skills that are all ranking from B rank being the lowest and S rank being the highest.

So the moment Leland awakened his superpower and then its rank is C rank below he must cut off his connection to his family.

After the very long info dumps Leland casually lay on his bed imagining his future when suddenly his watch ringed nonstop.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Next day 

Morning 6:57 AM

Leland after dressing himself in his school uniform arrived in the stage of their academy

'Whoooaaa..... this stage...It feels so grand and majestic!'

Excited, He saw many students who are sitting on their chairs casually talking to their friends and classmates.

Leland found an empty seat in and sat on it and after 3 minutes later the lights on the stage was suddenly turned off.

.

.

.

.

.

In the darkness the students including Leland heard a tapping sound of shoes 

Tap..... Tap..... Tap...

It seems a person is walking. The sounds of shoes making contact on the ground slowly making it more creepy.

Suddenly the tapping sounds stops and only silence remains

A single spotlight was lit up in the middle of the stage, a man no.... An old man wearing a suit was standing proudly while his hands are on his back

"Good morning my students...." The old man with poker face said.

"It's finally time.... FOR YOU TO BE AWAKENED!!"

The lights suddenly turned on, the blinding light shined upon the students and a slight rumbling occured after the old man yell.

RUMBLE!! RUMBLE!! 

The students below who were watching below the stage almost went blind after experiencing the instantaneous lighting up of the lights and felt a slight earthquake under their feet.

After a few seconds the small earthquake finally stopped. The students including Leland roared because of their excitement

"WAAAAAAAAA!!!!!"

"IT'S PRINCIPAL RAJAN!!!!"

"I'M GONNA BE AN AWAKENER!!!!!"

"OH WAAA AAH AAAH AAAAH"

"I LOVE YOU SHIKARI!!!"

"THANK YOU BUT I ALREADY HAVE A BOYFRIEND!"

....

...

..

.

Shouting and roaring can be heard everywhere

Rajan the old man who is standing in the middle of the stage, the principal of the Cresch Academy raises his right hand and the noises that the students were making immediately stopped.

"I know that all of you are excited to awaken your skills but let me tell you one thing. The moment YOU awakened your skills YOU MUST BE?!" the principal asked and the students answered by yelling

"RESPONSIBLE!!!"

"BECAUSE WHAT ARE YOU?!" the principal continues

"THE STUDENTS OF THE CRESCH ACADEMY!!" The students yelled once more

"NOT JUST A STUDENT OF THIS ACADEMY BUT ALSO THE?!!"

"THE HUMANS OF THE RHEXIA PLANET!!!!"

"And now,

My beloved students you will be officially graduated in this academy the moment you awaken your skills

REMEMBER THE HARDSHIPS YOU'VE WENT THROUGH,

THE EFFORTS YOU GAVE,

THE SACRIFICES YOU PRODUCED,

AND THE LESSONS YOU HAVE LEARNED NOT JUST IN THIS ACADEMY BUT ALSO IN YOUR LIVES. 

USE THEM AS YOUR MOTIVATIONS,

USE THEM TO BE YOUR INSPIRATIONS,

FOR THE EXTERMINATION OF THE INVADERS, MONSTERS AND DEMONS

AND FOR THE BETTER LIVELIHOOD OF THE HUMANKIND!!!!" Rajan the principal of Cresch roared to the students, rising up the students morale and spirit.

"FOR THE LIVELIHOOD OF THE HUMANKIND!!" the students also roared proudly 

....

...

..

.

The roaring noise of yelling and roaring was decreasing until it the noise was no more and the students saw their principal walking away to the back of the stage and a female teacher walked up on the stage and said

"Students, your name will be called one by one by your homeroom instructors and after your name was called go to the address that will be sent in your watch for you awakening that's all and goodluck" the female teacher explained and walk down on the stage 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Leland was walking towards the address that was sent through his watch.

After arriving he saw many students in the line waiting for their turn to be awakened.

After seeing the very long line of the students he also lined up 

After lining up he was tapped by another student on his back

"Dude, what would you want to be after being an awakener?" The student asked

Leland replied "Oh, what I want to be? Hmm.... that's a good question actually I don't have anything in my mind yet. How about you?"

"I want to be an IRREGULAR!! I want to be a SUPERSTAR, being an Irregular and a Superstar would make me famous and not only that but also I'm gonna be so rich and all the girls will coming to find me and asks about me being their husband and...."

While the student was fantasizing about his future. Leland ignored him because it is his turn now to awaken his skill.

Opening the door Leland was mesmerised by the interior of the room.

The room was basically like a laboratory in any sci-fi movies. Flasks, gadgets, wires, stones and many more science stuffs.

In the center of the room is a dark blue meteorite with a size of a basketball ball and there are many wires inserted on it that was connected to the floating tv screen.

Standing beside the meteorite was a scientist holding a checklist.

The scientist said "You better be quick, there are still more students and I don't have whole day"

"Understood" Leland replied

"Name?" Asked by the scientist

"Leland Boudt"

"Alright, place your hands on the meteorite and wait for the screen to show what is your skill" the scientist explained

Placing his both hands on the top of the meteorite. After placing his hands on top of the meteorite he feels blood was sucked in his hands and suddenly felt lukewarm. After feeling it words appeared in the floating screen.

Leland who was enjoying the temperature saw the words in the screen and was shocked and at the same time the system also ringed in his mind.

[DING!]

2