The history of Greed (Part1)
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The day was bright, the honeyed sun smeared morning reflecting off the lake glittering the trees with shadows. I looked up to see the the sky feeling as if I’m in a painting seeing vivid picturesque beauty saturate my surroundings.

“Im glad I live out of the city”

There was too much in the city, too much filth, too much blood it was a manifestation of the vilest things humanity has to offer. The way it seeps into your veins and burns through you like acid and for a lot of people it becomes everything and to others it’s all they know.

It was all I knew at one point too.

The city aptly named Greed was where I was born and partly raised. It was wrapped on the underside of the Sky Ridge mountain range its ominous stature piercing through the horizon, with its charcoal colored peaks, as far as the eye can see.

It was a stark contrast to the brightly colored crystal city tucked underneath. It was visually stunning giving the illusion of holy and humanity perfected but looks can be deceiving…there was a reason it was called Greed.

When the Holy Crimson Empire was in the last years of its expansion they were heralded by the Bloody Oracle Persephone. Her vermillion colored hair and gold and brown speckled eyes were a vivid contrast as if glowing against her toffee colored skin bronzed under the sun from practicing her sword and gun craft. She was a perfect warrior and she had never known defeat.

She was the greatest Oracle the empire had ever seen she crushed and spear headed through the principalities and empires through steel, gunpowder and magic laying waste by hook or by crook. 

Her craving for blood and greed for power brought her to the doorstep of the last kingdom, the Kingdom of Orion. The capital city was, at the time, named Callum after their greatest warrior and founder of Orion who after standing with spear in hand for 40 days and 40 nights single handedly drove off the Werefiends of the Sky Ridge mountains.

His progeny were a reflection of him, having the same hot blooded fire running though them but all had the same traits of willingness to protect and keep their people safe. And their people loved them for their willingness to protect and so their people protected them also.

They had accumulated over the years a melting pot of all different people over the half a millennium reign. This caused them to rapidly advance in magic and steel because of the amalgamation of different people and unique viewpoints they were able to create the crystal city of Callum. It was nothing seen before and probably never seen again. It was the envy of nations and was the reason the bloody oracle marched ever onward…because of greed.

The righteous fury of the people after knowing the bloody trail the oracle left, of their family in other principalities and kingdoms, had them crying out calling out for penance and King Arcturus also known as the Holy Lance heeded their call. 

King Arcturus was a benevolent and just king and to his people he was the epitome greatness. When he was just a boy no older than 12 summers he was set upon by an army of 10,000 strong by the neighboring kingdom as he was on his way as an ambassador to strengthen ties with said kingdom. 

They were ambushed as the other nations capital city was in view deep in a valley known as Pandora’s Cradle. The cusp of the valley was flooded with the soldiers of the opposing enemies threatening to spill over the lip of the descent. 

The carriage stopped, its magical engine hummed to an almost dead silence. Then without warning the thunderous exhalation of the 10,000 strong army made their way down. It was almost as if the ground itself would be upturned in the assuming chaos the 7 elite guards of the crown prince formed a magical circle and out sprouted a blue charged light of mana surrounding the carriage and everything in a mile radius as if in a halo of lightning surrounding it.

The guards fanned around each perfectly distanced and each manifested their legendary guns. These were another feat of the great crystal city the seven sins each one a power unto itself enough to be a deterrent against many but not all they fought valiantly against them and seemed to quell some of the tide as the mana circle kept most at bay including their bullets. But where man proposes god deposes the general on the other side known as the Aegis was a great and capable warrior unto himself and was able to send a magical shield to crush up against the mana field cracking it letting some soldiers pour through 

The Seven realizing the implications began to try to retreat with their prince 4 staying behind while the other 3 gradually shifted away towards the prince. The prince coming out of the carriage refused to leave his people behind so he began fighting against the onslaught of soldiers with his sword and gun in hand. As the battle raged on his grip slick with the blood of his torn hands he saw as the Seven became more and more exhausted he turned to them and said to the seven 

“If I die let it be known that I did not fear death for there is nothing to fear on the other side”

Resolute in his decision the 7 responded to their liege and fought with renewed vigor but it was for naught as the war general descended upon his soldiers empowering them with his magic. The horde of enemies pushed forward felling Sloth with a bullet that wasn’t reflected by magic piercing through his arm. Next was Envy with a bullet through her leg.

Seeing his beloved guards fall one after another, so great was his anguish for them that the spear of his ancestors heeded his call. The spear slicing through the roof of the crystal palace out of its confines from the underground vault. It shattered the air and singed the sky as it moved so fast it set a streak of the sky on fire with golden flames left in its wake.

The valley was bathed in the light of the holy spear as it burned through the surrounding enemies. Wrapped in light and filled with renewed vigor he charged alone with an all encompassing battle cry as his guards recovered. 

That day was now know as the Birth of the Holy Lance as he charged through any and everything the enemy put before him. When his guards woke from their recovery the battle was over the only sound was the crackling of the golden flames around the rim of the valley. They saw him atop a pile of corpses the spear held in his right hand his golden hair flecked with blood his grey eyes ringed with violet drawing in any who saw and one scar across his chest, marring his almost pale skin, gifted to him by the war general of the other side. 

The severed head of the general lay atop the point of the spear oozing blood below. When the Seven called his name they heard no response they rushed to his side and they found he had passed out standing eyes open stance at attention ready to defend even unconscious. 

That day all knew of the Holy Lance born of Callum.

*******************


Heyo everyone this was a bit of a longer one this is just back story on the city everything revolves around don’t worry you’ll eventually find out the main characters name and of course his special someone’s name hope you guys like it 


comment down below if ya want if not that’s cool too no worries!!! See y’all later!

0