Intruder
48 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

One week later he felt fully recovered and slowly got used to his new body. It was amazing to be able to just dive into lakes, take a nap at the bottom and just grab fish when he was in need of a quick snack. Lazing about helped him forget his sorrow. For he was now sure to have lost all his wizard abilities. Not even the simplest Level 1 spells or Cantrips could be cast, he had discovered a way to Polymorph into human form, but making the right hand gestures and saying the correct phrases was all for nothing. His spell book had been lost along with foci and all other belongings.

They shattered during his transformation or got lost somewhere in the river of time and space.

Exploring his new dragon abilities kept him busy and from thinking about his stashes of gold and valuables inside the Demiplanes he could no longer access. He shed some silent tears at that thought. He was able to transform into any human sized creature or smaller, yet all his stats and mental abilities would remain the same. Truly a wolf in sheep's clothing, he could pose as an adventurer or a bird. Some other abilities he discovered were somewhat spell like, but they were in fact psionic in nature.

He could teleport 60 feet, it made his head hurt, at will. Sending, Dispel Magic and Control Water, all without muttering a single phrase or even moving his hands. This gave him hope to learn more spells in the future, he just needed to adept them to his new form of spellcasting. Another big implication, was what level he was at. Obviously all wizard levels had disappeared with his race, feats and even languages. He was a true dragon now. Could he now start levelling wizard again as a dragon from level 1? That would be the biggest cheat ever.

Getting all the things again inside this giant tank of a body. But he was in Toril now right? So it should not work that way, rather he needed to research the arcane and experiment with psionic spell casting.

The next day, Argentarius had just eaten some delicious eels, he sat before the still surface of a small lake near his tower. Gazing at the water surface he focused on his favourite lake a few miles away, where the biggest trout lived. The water rippled and he saw the picture of the still lake. "Were are you hiding, you thief?" After a few minutes, a huge slime appeared and slithered into the water. It had a large, round, glistening yellow body with two fleshy tentacles that came out from either side. This monster had appeared the last view days and started to eat his beloved fish. To add insult to injury, it started to devour his amethysts, that started to grow near the shores and on the bottom of the lake.

Argentarius transformed into an eagle and soared into the sky. While also being able to hover, he could still use the wings and other physical features of the transformed creature. When he arrived at the lake, the monster was munching on amethysts. It let its tentacles slide across the shoreline and flung crystal after crystal into its mouth, or rather main body. No distinct features could be made out expect for the arms. Argentarius sat on a nearby tree and observed the creature, apparently it had not yet noticed him. He trembled at the thought of his first battle with his new powers.

Sweping down, he transformed back into his dragon form and bit into the slime. Revelling in the successful ambush, he gave way to his primal instincts and clawed at the struggling creature.

After a few seconds he released the monster, spitting out the foul tasting jelly in his mouth. Taking stock of the poor thing, he noticed that his bite had done much more damage then he imagined. The wound looked almost distorted, as if space itself had aided in tearing its flank open.

Not wanting to kill an apparently harmless monster, Argentarius just growled at the thing until it disappeared. He blinked, it really had vanished into thin air. Then he noticed something hitting his backside rather painfully, the sensation of it trying to suck something out of him was quit unpleasant. As he did not feel particularly threatened he just continued to observe it. It repeatability struck him with its tentacles and got confused as it did not get something out of him. "Are you sucking my magic?" He spoke in its mind. The creature halted but only replied in slurping sounds, as its intelligence did not allow for more. Argentarius thought to himself that the slime could be eating magic, but psionic powers were fortunately not on his menu. Deciding to keep it as his first guardian against wizards, he went through great pains to educate it on the fact what it was supposed and not supposed to eat. His priced trout for example. After giving the thing a good beating for one week straight, it finally started behaving properly. From then on it patrolled a few miles out from his lair and only fed on approved fish colonies and his crystals. A few days later it even started to bring him the biggest amethysts it could find and presented them as if he were an angry deity to be placated. Some old instinct awoke in Argentarius as he started his first real tresure horde. There was just something about seeing a room full of shiny things that got him going.

He decided to venture out, trying to understand his surroundings a bit better. Hopefully there was a civilization near, as he did not wish to change his lair. The swamp had already become his new home, letting his giant head being massaged by the waterfall while gazing onto the mist filled surrounding area filled with lakes, trees and wildlife, was just so peaceful and soothing for his soul.

2