The start of it all.
892 4 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Akame POV) 

 

 

I awoke in a strange room that had white walls and a ceiling light that illuminated the room. I was currently in a comfortable bed and all my injuries seemed to have been treated with bandages and ointments to help with healing. My healing abilities happened to be well above the norm as I normally get injured on the daily and the next day, I'm back to normal. 

 

I take a quick glance around the room and notice that there is no one else in here besides myself. 

 

'Someone must've seen me collapsed on the side of the street with multiple injuries and took me to the hospital. How nice of them.' 

 

I stood up and slid to the edge of the bed before proceeding to take off the bandages that covered my body head to toe. As I unravelled each bandage I noticed, just like normal, I was already completely healed so there was nothing to worry about and the tiredness I felt the day prior was completely gone. 

 

After all bandages had been removed a lady knocked on the door leading to the room I was in and opened it. She gasped as she saw all the bandages left in a pile on the floor in front of me, the patient, and rushed over to my side to check my injuries before letting out a sigh of relief. 

 

"You really had me worried there." She spoke with a melodic voice that soothed me, "I hadn't expected you to heal so quickly." She smiled before picking me up into her soft embrace and carried me in her arms, "it's best if you don't move since you should be resting." She said as she placed me back on the bed and tucked me in.

 

"I feel perfectly fine now. I'm not tired and my injuries are healed so I should be fine to move around." I said as I was about to get up but abruptly stopped by the nurse who kept me down by keeping her hands placed on either shoulder. 

 

"Nuh uh~ You aren't allowed to get up until you get more rest alright sweetie?" She said with a smile and held her finger in front of her lips, "I'll go and get you some food so you just stay there okay?" She said as she left the room. 

 

'She was a rather pretty person to say the least.' I thought to myself, 'I've never seen a woman with as good of looks as she does.' 

 

She has silvery white hair to about the length of her shoulders that caught the light perfectly and pale grey looking eyes that held the sparkle of softness and safety within. Her skin is a ghostly white but seems to look just perfect for her. Her figure is slim and she looks like she could definitely be a model.

(This is a person called Victoria from the game called 'Path To Nowhere' which I sometimes play so I'm going to take some characters from there. I haven't progressed far into the storyline so I'll be making up their personalities ;) )

 

'Well it wouldn't hurt to get more rest.' I thought as I slumped down and held the pillow close to me. 'I could've died. Again, but that's not the point. I should get stronger so even if it turns out that I haven't gained a quirk, I'll be strong enough to fend off people. Maybe not those with quirks but strength will help me in the long run.' I let out a soft sigh and looked to the ceiling that held no colour.

 

I heard a small thump from outside the door and the nurse re entered the room with a tray and food. 

 

'I've never seen these foods before. Well no surprise since I've been eating anything I could grab since my birth.' I shook my head lightly left to right and sat up. 

 

"I've got you some food." She said with a warm smile that seemed to calm the nerves, "I'm not sure on your preference for food so I just grabbed some things that I like." She rubbed the back of her neck with faint blush present on her cheeks, "sorry if it isn't to your tastes." She said as she settled down the tray on top of the table next to the hospital bed I was in. 

 

"Thank you." I said in a small voice, barely to be heard. "I don't mind what it is that you have brought to me, seeing as I have been living on the streets and searching for any scraps available since my first birthday. You've treated my wounds and let me stay while they heal along with serve me food, I don't deserve this." I settled my gaze on the nurses shocked face. 

 

"Since you were one?" She gasped at my comment. 

 

"Yes, I did say that, did I not? I'm sorry if I said something wrong." 

 

"You've done nothing wrong sweetie," the nurse cooed while bringing me into a hug, her arms coiling around me in a protective embrace, "it's just I didn't expect to hear such a tragic thing come from the mouth of a young girl like you." She rubbed my head causing me to flinch at the sudden touch before leaning into it with a pleasant feeling that surrounded me as I did so. 

 

"It's fine. I'm used to living on the streets now." I said with no emotion evident in my voice. 

 

"That's not a good thing sweetie." She said as she released me and only then did I realise how much I longed for someone to embrace me, to feel the warmth of another. I looked down at my lap. "Sweetie, if you would like, I can take you in. Would you like that?" 

 

I looked up after hearing those words, "take me in?" I tilted my head ever so slightly to the right and my hair moved accordingly. 

 

"Yes sweetie, I can adopt you." She gave me a smile that melted away the loneliness that encapsulated my heart. 'She is willing to be.. family? For me? But I'm just a random child she happened to come across? What'll she ever gain from this scenario?' I thought as she waited patiently for my answer. 

 

"Family.." I muttered under my breath. I looked to the side before looking back up at the nurse who I still hadn't caught the name of, 'if she is willing then.. I don't see a reason to refuse. She is the only one that saw me and thought to help, she gave me food as I starved, she gave me warmth in the bitterness of a winter night, she gave me rest when I needed it most. If this isn't someone I should consider as family then I don't know who should be.' I thought while giving a small nod to the nurse. A small amount of warmth arose on my cheeks as I nodded.

 

 'Family..' 

 

____________

 

(1165 words) 

 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, enjoy your day/night my lovelies x

38