What happened that day.
777 1 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So, what’re your parents’ quirks?” The other nurse in the room said to me with a hint of excitement in her voice, though it was almost unnoticeable. “You might’ve inherited one of their quirks.”

“I don’t know.” I replied bluntly causing the nurse’s face to change to irritation. 

“You don’t know?” She said slowly.

“No, I don’t. I don’t even know my parents names.” I lightly shook my head. 

“Shouldn’t parents tell their children their names? Have they not looked after you? If not then who has been looking after you? I doubt you’ve been roaming the streets by yourself, you’d be dead. A long time ago, actually.” 

I let out a soft sigh, “I have actually.” 

“You have what? Been living on the streets?” She raised an eyebrow.

I gave a small nod of confirmation, “The first thing I can remember was being inside a home, presumably my parents, with nothing but myself and a trail of blood along the floor. I couldn’t move so I just laid there.

After I don’t know how long, an old man, my neighbour, came by the house and saw me, ultimately deciding to look after me. He was a lovely man, he looked after me as if I was his child. He was caring, not just for me but all those around him. He’d always spend time with me and take me with him to wherever he went. 

After that, time went by like a flash, he took care of me and told me about my parents. Even he himself didn’t know much about the two but they were both dead so nothing more could be learned. 

It was my first birthday that..  he.. passed.” I took a deep breath before continuing, “It was a villain. My last memory of him was of myself running out of the house while the old man was trying his best to buy time for my escape while shouting for me to run as far as I could. He was scared. I could see as much in his eyes yet somewhere in there was a small shimmer of happiness and relief. 

Before I exited the house I saw him mouth some words as the villain dealt the final blow. I didn’t manage to see it, his last words.” Tears were threatening to trickle down from my watering eyes. ‘Hold it in’ I thought before continuing once more, 

“Ever since that.. unexpected and.. saddening day, I lived by myself on the streets. Somehow, for some unknown reason, I’ve managed to survive. Who knows why that is but I survived and that’s all I need to know.” My grasp over my emotions was gradually slipping and when mother decided to hug me, I let go of them entirely. 

“You’ll be safe now.” She said softly, “I’m here for you, sweetie.” Her hand held the back of my head, allowing me to cry on her shoulder, dampening her clothes with tears that came in a constant stream. “I’m here.” She whispered. 

My chocking sobs echoed throughout the room and after a few minutes I calmed down, my eyes were slightly red underneath my lower eyelid and it was clear to anyone who saw that I had cried. Cried like someone my age should. Not hold it in as I forced myself to mature in order to survive. 

“Are you alright now?” Mother slowly rubbed my back as I was taken away from her embrace. 

“Yes, I’m fine now,” I sniffled, “I’m sorry for getting your clothes wet.” I spoke with a sad smile on my face. 

“It’s no problem sweetie, it’ll dry in no time and I can always wash it.” Mother said with a gentle and reassuring smile before picking me up and holding me in her arms. 

“I didn’t know it would be such a sensitive subject, I apologise.” The nurse gave a small bow. 

“We shall be leaving now.” Mother said with a firm tone that made the other nurse flinch.

‘Does mother have a high authority in the hospital if she makes others scared when she seems displeased?’ I thought as I was carried out of the room and into the room I was in before, the one I had woken up in.

“Sweetie, if you ever need to let your emotions out then please do, you’re a child, you should express yourself. If you don’t want to do it in front of others then that’s just fine but please don’t bottle them up. It’ll do you no good in the long run, trust me on that one. I’ll always be here for you.” She kissed my forehead and settled me down in the bed, “you should get some rest, I assume you’re tired. Sleep well sweetie.” She said as she exited the room and I was left alone to wallow in my thoughts. 

‘Maybe she is right. I am a child and I should express myself. I don’t feel comfortable crying in front of others though so maybe I should only do it in front of mother?’ I closed my eyes as I debated wether is should show emotions around everyone or only select people.

 ‘I must be more tired than I thought even though I was unconscious for a month.’ I yawned. 

Eventually I fell into a comforting sleep. 

_________

(880 words)

This was shorter than normal, sorry for that. I haven’t checked for mistakes so if there are any then it would be much appreciated if you could let me know. I’ll probably make another chapter to post either today or tomorrow so keep a look out for that, enjoy your day/night my lovelies. 

32