I’ve got a quirk
1.1k 3 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What's your name?" The nurse asked me as she stroked my hair gently as to not startle me like before. 

"Akame." I answered, "you?" 

"My name is Victoria, I'll do my best to take care of you Akame, my sweet little girl." She lingered her touch upon my head for a while before taking her hand back and taking hold of a spoon that rested on the tray she brought in. "Since you're still a patient we can only give you simple foods but this is my favourite soup here so I hope you enjoy it." She smiled as she took a spoonful and brought it to my mouth. 

"I can feed myself you know?" I said to my new mother. 

"Can I not?" She asked with a sad look making itself known inside of the small shimmer present in her eyes. 

I grumbled a little before muttering a hesitant, "..fine" which earned me a happy smile. I opened my mouth for mother to feed me. It was a little embarrassing to say the least since I wasn't used to this which made itself blatantly known by the blush that lingered on the tips of my ears. 

Victoria giggled, "good girl~" before feeding me another spoon of soup. This is definitely the best meal I have ever had. Comparing this to mouldy, stale bread would make it obvious to which I preferred. 

Victoria continued to feed me the soup while saying good girl to me every once in a while which made me feel happy yet embarrassed at the same time though my expression didn't change throughout the duration of Victoria feeding me the soup. The only noticeable change that happened was the small amount of red shown on the top of my ears which slowly faded as time passed. 

"Are you still hungry sweetie?" Victoria questioned as she put the spoon back on the tray. 

"No, I'm fine now thank you, m-mum." I said the last bit particularly quiet but Victoria could still hear it despite me being quieter than a whisper. 

"Awww~ you're so cute~" she put her hand over her heart and stumbled forwards before tilting her head upwards to look at me, "can you call me mummy? My co-workers are always talking about how their children call them that, please? Or is that too much? If it's too much then you do-"

"Mummy." I whispered with my head down. 'I'm going to need to get used to this.' I thought, 'if I get embarrassed every time I say that then that wouldn't be very good.' 

Once I finally looked back up, I saw my mother looking like she was about to faint and a proud smile on her face. 'Is she alright?' I thought. 

"Oh you're just the cutest little thing in the world~!" Mother squealed as she picked me up and spun around with me in her arms, "Ah! I forgot about your injuries, it's best to not do this with you.. for now." She muttered the last bit to herself but since I had amazing hearing along with all my other senses, I could hear her loud and clear.

 'I can probably hear that since I always needed to listen for danger when sleeping out on the streets.' I thought, trying to come up with the best reason to why I could hear so well. 

My thoughts were interrupted as I heard a knock at the door before another nurse made her way inside. "I see the patient is awake." She sighed, "I don't see why you were so adamant on bringing this child to the hospital, they looked like they were on deaths door. It took a serious amount of healing to fix up those broken bones and to clean all the wounds." She shook her head, "how are you feeling." She asked me, clearly not caring about if I was well or not. 

"I am fine, thank you." I replied, "and what do you mean broken bones? I'm sure I would've felt something as I was walking with broken bones?" 

"Your left leg was broken in two places, a rib broke, your shoulder blade had multiple fractures, your wrist was broken and your arms had been injured to the point that it would've been extremely easy to break with even simple movements of them." 

".." I was completely stunned. 'That much injury was caused on my body yet it didn't hurt? I don't think that's normal.' 

Her next words snapped me out of it, "you've been unconscious for a whole month." 

"A month?!" I exclaimed. Never would I have guess that I'd be out for a whole month! 'That means my birthday has passed and I get to find out if I have a quirk! But how do I ask them about that.' I pondered but was soon answered by the other nurse. 

"I'm sure that your ankle might've had an injury as well but you seem to be fine which is good. We will still have to take an x-ray to make sure if it though." She spoke as if she really couldn't care less. 

"Thank you." I said as mother held me in her arms and carried me into a room where my body would be x-rayed. 

"There is nothing to be afraid of sweetie." Mother spoke softly to me as she stroked my hair to soothe me though I didn't really need it. 

"I know." I gave a faint smile to reassure mother. 

I entered the room and was placed down as they scanned me before allowing me to come out. 

"It seems you are completely healed." The nurse said as she looked over the scan before paying close attention to a certain body part. My foot. "It seems you have a quirk." The nurse hummed, seemingly having cheered up after knowing this. 

"Really?!" I asked happily. 

"Yes, you do. Though I don't know what quirk you will have. It'll either be your mothers or fathers but perhaps if they are compatible then maybe a fusion of both? It's also possible to gain a quirk unlike either of the parents quirks but that is a very rare occasion." 

'I have a quirk!' I thought excitedly, 'now I just need to get stronger.' I clenched my fist in determination before looking back up at my mother and the other nurse with a small smile that wasn't very noticeable unless you wanted to see it. 

________

(1077 words)

46