Shopping.
391 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mother began driving off down the roads but I couldn’t really see much out of the window even with a booster seat, being Bai yi who put me on her lap on the pretence that ‘you aren’t tall enough to sit in the car without a booster seat so I’ll do that job instead since we don’t have one.’ 

She wasn't wrong though, if I didn’t have a booster seat then I would most likely get strangled by the seatbelt - the thing that’s meant to keep me safe. I personally didn’t mind sitting on Bai yi’s lap, it was quite comfortable actually, but it’s the fact she keeps whispering in my ears in a very sensual way, that’s the part I minded. Why she was doing it? I don’t know. 

The folder said she cared for young children, like myself, and was seductive towards anyone but I didn’t think that would include the children she cared for. I can only assume it does apply to children as well by the way she treats me, does she think I like it or something? It makes me shiver, yes, but it doesn’t particularly feel good.

Bai yi giggled as she stroked my head with a tender and delicate touch. 

“We should arrive at the shops in roughly ten minutes assuming there is no traffic or unexpected guests.” Mother turned her head to look out the window with a glare. I didn’t know what she was looking at but it was most likely someone she didn’t like that she saw walking on the path besides the car but there was no one.

“Let’s hope those unexpected guests don’t come anytime soon then or maybe I’ll have to get to work~” Bai yi said while pausing the head pats for a split second before continuing again, “I’d rather not do this again.” She put emphasis on the word ‘again’ as I felt her hand tense a little.  

Lynn nodded, “agreed… waste of time… and space.” She said slowly with a slightly more aggressive tone then you’d expect on someone who comes off shy. 

‘I feel like this unexpected guest is someone they know. I hope that for their sake they don’t come over here seeing that no one here likes them and have thoughts more on the aggressive side while thinking of them.’ I thought while my face stayed stoic. 

We turned around a corner and continued driving for a couple of minutes in silence other than Bai yi humming to some unknown tune while tapping her index finger on my thigh to the beat, her other hand remained on my hair, stoking it with care. 

Once we stopped to park, we all got out of the car but Bai yi took a liking to holding me in her arms instead of putting me down after getting us both out. Not that I minded it, as I said, it feels comfortable. 

I unconsciously nudged my way further into Bai yi’s arms which caused her to giggle a little and mother to look at me with a delicate smile. Lynn, she was too focused on the massive clothing shop in front of us that went up by at least three stories. It seemed to be made of black tinted glass with metal structuring. It looked rather good if I do say so myself, especially compared to the rough and damaged buildings around where I had lived on the streets. 

“Let’s go in then shall we?” Mother said as Lynn excitedly nodded and ran inside, “Lynn~” she called after her, “slow down~” 

“Leave her be, Victoria, she is excited to be out for shopping after all~” Bai yi spoke as mother sighed.

“I’ve told you to stop calling me by my name since I’ve employed you, Bai yi.” She glared at her though it was more of a playful one with no malice behind it. 

“Hahaha, yes yes~ I know~ Vic-tor-ia ~” Bai yi laughed as she walked inside the building with me in her arms still. Mother sighed once more and followed after us with a smile symbolising that she didn’t really mind. 

Upon entering I could see many dresses, trousers, joggers, shorts, short shorts, skirts, tops, shirts, t-shirts, crop tops, jackets, cropped jackets, mini skirts, hoodies, cargo trousers, shoes of all varieties like heels, trainers, sandals, sliders, boots, Wellington boots, school shoes, and multiple others. This wasn’t all that was around, towards the back I could see undergarments and other stuff like hats. I’d assume this was the same on all floors but just differently styled things or different colours, perhaps better materials were used while creating them as well? Or maybe someone with a quirk to do with embroidery or creation could’ve made them meaning they should be separated from other items of clothing that are similar but not quite the same?

Those were just assumptions I had thought of, yes they have a chance at being try but I’m just a child so who knows? 

“What type of clothes am I getting, mum?” I asked while looking back at mother who was walking behind Bai yi and I but at the same pace. 

“Anything you want though I’ll probably buy most of their selection… oh and you’ll have to try lots and lots of clothes on!” Mother said with a smile, clapping her hands together with a hint of excitement shimmering through her grey eyes.

“You’ll look adorable in anything I bet~” Bai yi said as she looked directly in my eyes, not averting them meaning I had to be the one to avert them before she walked into a standing mirror which was coming in rather close as Bai yi was focusing on me and nothing else. 

“Your about to walk into a mirror.” I pointed to the mirror in front of us as I averted my gaze to the same direction as I was pointing. 

“Ah.” Bai yi changed direction, safely avoiding the mirror and avoiding embarrassment of being seen walking into a mirror for not being aware of your surroundings.

I could hear mother snickering to herself behind us which made Bai yi twirl around and glare at mother, “it’s not that funny.” Bai yi pouted. 

“Oh~ but it is, Bai yi~“ Mother teased before giggling to herself after seeing Bai yi turn her head away with the slightest pout present.

“It’s not.” She mumbled to herself as she dashed off to some clothes she saw in the corner of her eye, she moved really fast. My eyes couldn’t keep up with it so it all looked like a blur but it only lasted a second or so until we were at the other side of the shop. 

“How about these?” Bai yi said, waiting for my opinion but deciding not to listen and take them anyway, “I’ll just grab a bunch and you can try them all on~” she said as she zipped around the shop, stripping it of all the clothes that would fit me, this included all of the other floors as well. 

Bai yi pulled a blue sphere out of her pocket and tapped it on the clothes making them disappear, “he is such an idiot for giving me these and making it useable.” Bai yi sneered. I don’t know who she was on about but I could only infer that someone had given her those strange objects that allowed her to.. put items inside it? That seemed to be what it was capable of. 

“Victoria!~” Bai yi suddenly called out, mother appeared behind her in a second. 

“Have you collected everything?” Mother asked.

“Yes I have, you?” Mother nodded to Bai yi’s question.

“Shall we go to change Akame into these clothes then?” Mother said to Bai yi who giggled when she saw the sheer panic showing on my face. 

“Not all of them in not.” I said firmly. 

Just in the nick of time, Lynn came skipping over with a pile of clothes. 

“Have you bought them already?” Mother asked to which Lynn nodded, “good girl. We can let Akame try them on later. I’ll just pay for them and if they don’t fit then sometime later they will.” Mother said as she went up to the counter and passed over a cheque. I don’t know what amount was written but the shop keeper immediately began waving their hands in front of their face with a gasp. 

‘I’d also get shocked by the amount of money mum just spent on my clothes.’ I sighed. 

“Let’s head back home then.” Mother smiled at me as she miraculously appeared by my side in an instant. They all seem really fast and I’m not sure how I should take it. Do they all have speed type quirks? Probably not. 

As we were walking I heard mother say under her breath, “I swear if they appear now I’ll-“ 

She couldn’t even finish what she was muttering as a loud boom came from in front of the shop, smoke rising slowly from the ground and spreading into the air. Cracks were evident on the floor below the impact and a shadowy figure escaped the cloud of dust and debris. 

“Oh for god sake.” 

_________

(1528 words) 

13